The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

By mangoezhoez

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... More

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
8. First Practice
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
19. Next Time
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
44. Thank You
45. Engawa
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
62. Cherry Blossom Tears
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
95. Kanari
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

86. Athletic Festival

1.1K 62 9
By mangoezhoez

"Athletic festival! Huh! Huh! Athletic festival!"

You chanted with Okada, both of you shimmying down the halls as the third years looked away in disinterest. Not surprised in the slightest that you were the one playing along with Okada.

You continued shimmying down the halls, stopping when you came face to face with your redhead friend.

"What do we have here?" Tendou grinned, leaning forward as he kept both hands at his waist. "Is our little Y/N-chan rooting for class three this year?"

You stopped, raising a brow at him as Okada cleared her throat. She pulled you in next to her, putting her hand up in front of Tendou as she mimicked his devilish grin.

"Y/N only cheers for the best, of course." She snickered, smirking at Tendou's glare.

Tendou scoffed as he leaned back, carding a hand through his hair.

"As if, class two's winning everything this year, just you watch." He smirked, all of you looking up when a chuckle reached your ears.

"Yeah right." Yamagata said as he walked towards you three, Ushijima and Mori at either side. "Class three is winning everything, just like last year."

Tendou glared at him, raising a brow as he crossed his arms and leaned farther back, trying to make himself seem taller.

He looked you all over; the prideful smirk Yamagata was giving him, Mori and Okada both now stepping away into the classroom, and you and Ushijima bickering over something else.

"Oi!" He said to get your attention.

You raised a brow at him, on your tippy toes as you leaned in over Ushijima's outstretched dango.

"We're winning this year, just you wait." He grumbled before turning around and walking away with a pep in his step.

You took a bite of Ushijima's dango before leaning back, slowly chewing on it as you looked up at him with a bright smile.

He puffed out a small laugh, softly patting the back of your head before Mori spoke up.

"You should head back to your class now, Oikawa, class is about to start."

You nodded, finishing chewing before skipping away.

"See ya at practice Rai-san, Yoshi-san! And see you later Waka and Gata-san!"

They all waved you off, seeing you skip down the hall to the stairs before disappearing from their line of vision.

...

"Okay." Aoki said, looking at you as you slowly nodded. "Oikawa-san, you're written up for the long jump in the track and field competition, as well as part of the rally, and as one of the cheerleaders for the gymnastic section, is this all?"

You nodded, seeing her hesitate to check you off as her inner volleyball coach worried.

She let out a resigned sigh, continuing on before finishing.

"I'm sure you've all practiced, but tomorrow is the athletic festival, so make sure to come in our special class shirt and meet us all out on the stadium first thing in the morning! See you all there, you're all dismissed."

You sighed, sitting up with a stretch as Shirabu walked up next to you.

"Do you have practice today?" He asked.

You nodded, throwing your bag over your shoulder as you both began walking out.

"Yeah, do you?"

He nodded.

You both sighed, continuing your routine walk down to the locker rooms.

"Can't believe the athletic festival landed right before interhigh this year." You grumbled, walking out the main building as you both squinted your eyes at the blaring sunlight.

"Yeah, and you chose some of the most injury-inducing sports to participate in." He said, looking at you with a deadpan expression.

"Come on Kenji, won't I look cute in my cheerleader uniform?" You teased, watching as Shirabu's face dropped into a scowl.

"No."

You puffed out a small breath as you rolled your eyes.

"Yea well don't go jinxing me now, interhigh is right after and I can't be crippled for it." You yawned, stretching your arms up as Shirabu rolled his eyes, the gyms coming into view.

...

"No."

You scoffed. "What do you mean no?"

Your brother looked you up and down, his brows scrunching together as his lips pressed together in silence.

"You're not wearing that out." He sighed, looking up as he pinched the bridge of his nose, pointing at your cheerleader uniform with his free hand.

"Who allowed this? Why is it that the cheerleaders skirts are so short yet the regular skirts are below your knees... Did you do this little bunny? Don't tell me you rolled up-"

"No Nii-san." You sighed. "This is how they gave it to us."

He grumbled under his breath, walking down the stairs leading to the front gates as you followed.

You stepped off the last step, stopping briskly when Tooru turned around.

He took off his blazer before passing it to you and opening the front gates.

"Tie that around your waist." He said, stepping out the gates and holding it open for you as he greeted Goshiki.

You puffed out a small laugh, tying his blazer around your waist before walking out and greeting Goshiki as well.

-

"Tsutomu-chan." Tooru said, waving Goshiki back as you teased Iwaizumi at the intersection.

"Yes Tooru-san?" Goshiki asked.

"Glare off any guys who you think are looking at Y/N weirdly for me, would you?"

Goshiki blinked up at Tooru, glancing back at you unting the blazer from your waist and quickly understanding what he meant.

"Sure thing Tooru-san! You can trust me." He nodded enthusiastically, closing his eyes when Tooru ruffled his hair with a small laugh.

"Thank you Tsutomu-chan." He smiled, dropping his hand to pat his shoulder before looking back at you and Iwaizumu. "Iwa-chan~ quit flirting with my sister and get over here."

Iwaizumi's face flared up with a slight red tinge as he glared at Tooru, stomping over to him before slamming his blazer against his chest.

"Let's go then, Shittykawa."

"Always so vulgar, Iwa-chan." Tooru smirked, rubbing at his chest with one hand and waving you and Goshiki off with the other.

You snickered, waving back before walking the remaining blocks to Shiratorizawa.

"Y/N-san."

You hummed, readjusting your sports bag on your shoulder.

"Here, the air seems to be picking up." He said, handing you his tracksuit jacket as you accepted it with a small "thank you."

You tied his jacket around your waist, unaware of the smirk Goshiki was giving to the second years walking by.

"You're such a gentleman, Tsutomu!" You cooed, ruffling his hair as he gave you a small smile.

"Ah, let's get going! Looks like almost everyone's at the stadium already."

...

You took a deep breath, stepping up as you morphed your jog into a sprint, making sure to plant your feet down stronger than regularly. You counted in your head, jumping the moment you reached 3.

Legs up legs up

You puffed your cheeks, swinging your feet from behind your back to in front of you.

You landed in sand with a puff, slightly tumbling forward as you fell on the sand.

You puffed out a breath, standing up fully and shaking off all the sand stuck to your sweat.

17'7.25 pr

You processed the numbers, unaware of what they meant as you walked towards your class, Shirabu handing you your water bottle.

"Did I win?"

Shirabu shrugged, passing you one of the towels as you squirted some water into your mouth.

"I'm not sure, I don't know what those numbers mean."

You nodded, stepping back as you draped the towel over your face.

You wiped your face with it, bringing it down as you were instantly met with the eyes of a middle aged man.

You flinched, jumping back as you put up your hands out of habit, bringing them down when you realized who the man was.

"The... track and field coach?" You mumbled, tilting your head to the side in question as he laughed boisterously.

"Tell me kid, have you ever thought of joining the track and field club?" He grinned, leaning forward before clearing his throat and leaning back again, not fond of having to look up at you.

"No, not really." You shrugged, bringing the towel down to wipe the back of your neck as he clicked his tongue.

"I saw you out there on the long jump kid, a little more practice and you'll be breaking records!" He smiled brightly, his smile budging when he saw the uninterested look you were giving him.

"What's your name kid?"

"Oi-" You began, stopping when a voice interrupted you.

"Oikawa Y/N, and she's already part of the volleyball club Hasegawa, piss off." Kojima snarled, walking up to the both of you as you yawned in disinterest.

The track coach glared at him, rolling his eyes as he leaned in to you again.

"If you ever get tired of that geezer, come over to the track and field club Oikawa-san, we'll treat you right." He offered, smiling brightly before stepping back and walking away.

You watched him walk away, both confused and intrigued. You pointed at him, looking back at Kojima with the same cat-like grin Tendou makes.

"Ignore him." Kojima sighed, crossing his arms as he looked down at your feet.

"More importantly, did you stretch right? I don't need our ace tearing any muscles or getting cramps because she neglected to stretch thoroughly."

You flinched, looking away as you squirted more water into your mouth.

"Of course I did Kojima-san! No worries." You hummed, looking back at him with a tight lipped smile.

Kojima looked over at Shirabu, who looked up at him blankly for a couple seconds before sighing and standing up.

"I'll help her finish up."

Kojima hummed, stepping back as he looked towards Kaneko gathered with the rest of class three.

"Very well, thank you Shirabu-san." He said, smiling at you both before excusing himself and walking away.

You slowly looked back at Shirabu, giving him a tight lipped smile as he raised a brow at you.

"Sit down, I'll help you stretch your lower back."

You groaned dramatically, slumping down on the floor as you dreaded the heavier stretches to come.

-

"You guys are such copycats." You teased, standing between Sasaki and Kaneko as you each stood on different lanes of the track.

"Am not?!" Sasaki said, her tone laced with offense as she glared at you.

Kaneko rolled her eyes, looking at the other end of the track where the rally had just started. "Well, I had to put all that running you peer pressured us into to use."

"I didn't peer pressure no one, you all decided to join cuz you didn't like being slower than me." You shrugged, lightly jumping in your place as you looked at the approaching players.

"Listen, just cuz your stamina is higher doesn't mean you're faster." Sasaki scoffed, rolling her ankle side to side.

"She's right, if anything, I'll beat you in these short running spurts." Kaneko grinned, glancing back at the second rally players quickly approaching.

"Pft, as if, class five has got this in the bag. We're beating both class three and four." Sasaki grinned, happily pointing at the big number five on her shirt.

You snickered, glancing at the boy from your class quickly approaching with the baton.

"Well, I'm not an egg for either of you to beat me, but good luck I guess." You grinned, not letting them answer back as you began running forward.

You glanced back when you heard footsteps close behind.

You locked eyes with Fujioka, one of the soccer players in your class who was chosen as the second player for the rally.

You set your arm back, twisting it in an almost unnatural way as you felt him place the baton in your palm.

"Got it Fujioka!" You called back to him, feeling the pressure release as he let go.

"Go for it Oikawa!"

You gripped onto the baton tightly, losing his footsteps behind you as you quickly looked forward.

You picked up your pace, seeing class two's runner a couple steps ahead of you.

You glanced to the side, registering your name being cheered by your classmates.

You smiled at them, flinching when you saw class fives baton swinging back and forth beside you.

You made eye contact with Sasaki, scoffing at her smirk as she picked up her speed.

You grit your teeth, slightly straightening up as you picked up your own speed.

You glanced to your other side, seeing Kaneko steadily approaching you.

You pressed your lips together, feeling yourself losing as Kaneko and Sasaki slowly passed you.

You grit your teeth.

Shit shit shit, what was it Ushijima said to do?

You leaned forward, pushing yourself forward using the balls of your feet and closing some of the distance between you and the girls. Yet not enough.

Crap, think brain think!

You inwardly cried, pushing yourself to keep up with Kaneko and Sasaki.

You caught up enough to mimic their steps, your body beginning to feel heavier by the minute.

You looked ahead, the last players eagerly waiting for the baton.

Half the track left, you had to pass the girls right now.

But what do I-

"Oikawa!"

A deep voice called you from the sidelines, making you look forward as you ran past the third year classes.

"Plant your feet!" Ushijima called out to you, pointing down at his feet as he ran alongside the three of you outside the track.

Kaneko and Sasaki both raised their brows at him, unaware of the way your face lit up as you nodded.

Plant your feet

You puffed your cheeks once more, quickly changing your steps as you planted your feet down just as Ushijima had taught you.

It was a tactic that wasted much more stamina given that you were actively pushing yourself off the ground with greater strength, yet it was efficient for moments like these.

You put all the strength you could into pushing yourself forward, habitually leaning further forward as your arms swung faster.

You slowly peeled away from Kaneko and Sasaki, the gap between you and them steadily growing, not a big difference but just enough for you to be in the lead.

You put the last of your strength into your legs as you pushed forward, the gap growing once more as you extended your hand forward to pass the baton to the next player.

He started sprinting in front of you, extending his hand back as you set the baton in his hand.

"Got it Oikawa!"

"Go for it Hokama!" You called out, letting the baton go as you began to slow down, Hokama racing off in front of you.

You slowed to a stop, leaning over to rest your hands on your knees as you waited for the rest of the runners to pass you.

They all eventually did, meaning you could walk off the track.

"I... won." You said between breaths, looking at Kaneko and Sasaki walking up to either side of you.

"Shut up." Sasaki grumbled back, breathing heavily as you all split up and walked to your respective classes.

You high-fived the previous two players, before walking back to where Shirabu was waiting for you, already handing you your water bottle.

You slumped into his arms, falling back with him as you slowly giggled, your lack of breath not letting you laugh fully.

"That was terrible, Kenji." You sighed, resting in his arms as he hummed, unable to move under all of your limbs.

You both stayed like that for a while, before you rolled over to lay on the turf instead.

You sat up to drink some water before laying back down and throwing the towel over your face.

"I much prefer just standing in that little skirt and waving my pom poms around than running."

"That's a first." Shirabu teased, lightly snickering when you peaked your eye out from under the towel to glare at him.

"Whatever Shirabu."

-

"And one, two, three, four, one, two, three-"

The team captain called out, just loud enough for the rest of the guys to hear as they continued dancing.

You watched with a bright smile, seeing Shirabu move all around as he danced with a stoic face.

"One, two, three, jump!"

Shirabu stepped up, jumping into the basket of arms the guys had made as he set his arms out forward.

The guys shimmied forward with him, Shirabu keeping his arms up as the guys who weren't holding him up split up to either side of the man-made basket.

They danced at his sides, the guys holding him up bent their knees to go down before standing up again and throwing Shirabu back.

He landed gracefully as the guys quickly spread apart and posed while kneeling or laying on the ground, leaving Shirabu as the lone one standing as he finished the song with a dramatically feminine pose.

The song's ending faded before the crowd erupted in cheering, both you and Tendou cheering loudly for Shirabu as you called out school appropriate profanities at him.

Shirabu walked back over to sit next to you, passing you the bag of makeup wipes he had in his bag as he put his face out next to you. He closed his eyes, waiting for you to wipe the makeup off his face.

You lightly snickered, giving in as the teachers let you all know there'd be a small break as the next class prepared themselves.

"You did great out there, Kenjirou!" You said, wiping at the lipstick on his lips.

"Thanks." He answered back, letting you continue to wipe off the different colored face paint adorning his face.

"This is it for today, huh?"

Shirabu softly nodded. "Yeah, we're not in the tug-of-war, so yeah."

You hummed, wiping extra softly at the makeup on his eyes.

"Do you think we won?"

"Overall? Maybe."

You snickered to yourself, humming in content as you wiped off the last of the makeup on Shirabu's face.

"A win once again."

"Weirdo."

__

Belated chapter, like always, but I got a good excuse this time!

Guess who just graduated?

~Yours truly, aha

I would say this will give me more time to write... but I'm back at work in a month so not really ahaaa

I'll try and make the next ones faster tho!

Thank you for reading and like always, thanks to the amazing Sarah for proofreading this chapter! < 33

https://bananabossbitch.tumblr.com/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.3K 6
"You should've gone to Shiratorizawa." An AU where the first words your soulmate says to you appear on your wrist on your 14th birthday.
92.4K 3K 20
โžฏ โ ๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ฎ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค ~ โž โ ๐™ž ๐™–๐™ข ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™ค ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™™ ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š! โž ---๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ y/n is japan's...
77.2K 2K 28
-COMPLETED- After Thanos snapped half of all life the remaining Avengers don't know what to do. This is a story about what happens during the five ye...
46K 1.6K 19
Yata x Reader Yata always has been unable to talk to girls because of his shyness but since [Y/N] arrived at HOMRA and told him to shut up, he...