Will Love Last//Fred Weasley...

By mrsfredweasley22

Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school tog... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors Note
New Story

Chapter 42

512 5 0
By mrsfredweasley22

Verity had been hired at the store and had been working here for awhile. I really liked her and she was a great fit to the store. When she worked she was mainly at the cash register but sometimes she stocked shelves. I was currently stocking shelves myself. With all of the products that had been sent out by owl the shelves were running a bit bare.

"Hey," Fred said walking over to me.

"Hey," I said looking up front he shelf I was woking on

"I just got an owl from Dad, the is an Order meeting tomorrow night," He said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Not sure, probably just to go over what's been going on," Fred said.

"Okay, what time," I asked.

"5 o'clock. George and I are thinking about just closing the store for tomorrow, it will give us the chance to restock every shelf," he said.

"Okay, sounds good," I said getting back to the shelf I was working on.

...

It was Saturday and the Order meeting was tonight. Fred, George, and I tired to go to every meeting but with the store sometimes we couldn't make it. I was walking around the shop gathering things that needed to be mailed out before we left tonight. We never knew how long order meeting were going to last. Sometimes they only lasted an hour and other times we were there for a long time.

"We've been having a lot of orders mail out," I heard George say from the other side of the shelf.

"Yeah, with all of the kids going back to Hogwarts it's not surprising," Fred replied.

"Maybe we should have someone focus on orders even when the store is open," I said coming out from behind the shelf.

I saw both of the boys jump.

"You can't sneak up on us like that," George said putting his hand over his chest.

"Sorry, I thought you knew I was there," I said.

"It's about time for a lunch break don't you say?" George asked.

"Yes, I'll go get us some sandwiches from the shop down the street," I said while handing Fred the box that I was holding, "You two keep working."

"Yes ma'am," George said causing me to laugh.

I walked out of the shop heading down the street to the sandwich shop that was just down the way. As I walked I looked out at all of the shops that had closed down. It broke my heart to see what was once a thriving area so dead and lifeless.

I turned into the shop being greeted by the girl at the counter.

"What can I get you?" she asked.

I gave her my order and stepped to the side to wait for it to be done. As I was waiting for my order to be done I heard the door chime signaling that someone had entered the shop. I turned and saw a man in a long black cloak who had scars all over his face. I wasn't sure who he was but I didn't get a good feeling from him. I quickly averted my attention from the man before he could see me looking at him. The girl came back out and I could see her expression drop.

"What can I get for you?" she asked the man.

He ordered and she went to the back to fix it, leaving me alone with him. I could tell he was staring at me but I didn't want to look over at him.

"You look familiar," the man said causing me to look toward him.

"Oh, I must just have one of those faces," I said trying not to make eye contact with the man.

"Hmm, maybe," he said.

"Weasley," the girl said coming out from the back with my sandwiches.

I walked over quickly grabbing them so that I could leave the store.

"Weasley," the man said stopping me in my tracks, "You don't look like a Weasley."

"Married to one," I quickly said wanting this conversation to end.

"Hmm. What was your last name before," the man asked.

"Valentine," I said.

I quickly exited the store before he could say anything else to me. I had walked a little way as I kept glancing behind me. I heard the door to the restaurant chime but I didn't look back.

"Hey, wait, I want to ask you some question," the man behind me said.

I walked as quickly as I could trying to get back to the shop. I saw the shop just ahead of me and looked back to see the guy still following me. I got to the front of the shop glancing back one more time. I didn't see the man so I took that opportunity to slip inside the shop. I closed the door quickly using a locking charm on the door. I looked out the window and the man came into view. He was looking all over the place trying to find me. Thankfully he wasn't able to see inside of the store.

"Hey," Fred said making me jump.

"You scared me," I said putting my hand over my chest.

"Sorry, why are you so jumpy?" he asked.

"You see that guy out there?" I asked pointing to the guy who was still standing in the middle of the street.

"Yeah, what about him?" Fred asked.

George walked over as I explained to Fred everything that had happened since the man entered the sandwich shop.

"Who do you think he is?" George asked.

"No idea but that whole thing definitely freaked me out," I said looking back out into the street to see the man hand vanished.

"We'll bring it up tonight at the meeting. Could be nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry," Fred said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

We walked over to the counter and ate the sandwiches that I had brought back. The boy's continued to work down stair but I went upstairs, my mind not able to focus on anything because of the incident that happened. I knew things were starting to get bad but I didn't know they were this bad. What would have happened if the man grabbed me? I just hoped I never saw him again.

"You ready to go love?" Fred asked coming into the bedroom.

"Yeah, I was just changing really fast," I said.

I finished putting on my shirt and walked out of the room with Fred. George was waiting in the living room for us. I grabbed the twins hands and we apparated to 12 Grimmauld Place where the order meeting was being held.

"Sorry love. I know you don't like that," Fred said as I was trying to take a deep breath to collect myself.

I collected myself and all three of us walked through the door. As we walked into the kitchen there were several order member already there.

"I was wondering when you three were going to arrive," Molly said walking up to us.

"How are you sweetie?" she asked hugging me.

"I'm good, how have you been?" I asked.

"Oh you know," Molly said smiling.

"We better get started," Mad-Eye said standing at the front of the table.

We all sat down, I took a seat in between Fred and George.

"The death eaters are becoming more and more brave as time goes on. There have been more attacks, everyone should stay vigilant," Mad-Eye said.

My heart started to beat faster. When if that man that was following me earlier was a death eater. Now that I think about it, he kind of looked like he could be one.

The meeting continued and Mad-Eye and Kinglsey just updated everyone on what else had been going on.

"Does anyone have anything else to add?" Mad-Eye said as the meeting was coming to a close.

"Yes," Fred spoke up.

Fred told everyone about the man who had followed me earlier that day.

"Oh dear, are you alright?" Molly asked when Fred was finished.

"Yes, it could have been nothing but it did scare me a bit," I said.

"The girl is right, it could have been nothing but just be careful from now on," Mad-Eye said standing up from the table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 474 33
After the War, the Weasleys decided to arrange a marriage for Fred Weasley and Serena Blackwood to keep their legacy going. They started hating each...
105K 2.5K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
256K 6.7K 41
"We were together. I forget the rest." Fred didn't like her. In fact, he had decided, first year, that he despised her. Despised is a strong word and...
520K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...