Will Love Last//Fred Weasley...

By mrsfredweasley22

Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school tog... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors Note
New Story

Chapter 21

706 7 1
By mrsfredweasley22

Fred and I were set to go on our date this weekend, but it was only Wednesday. He wouldn't tell me where he was taking me just that I should wear a nice dress.

I was currently on my way to my next class. I tuned the corner in the hall seeing a bunch of students heading to the front door. I followed everyone hoping to see what was going on. As I got closer I noticed Fred, George and Lee standing amongst the crowd.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's Professor Trelawney," Lee said.

I looked out to where he was looking and there was Professor Trelawney surrounded by luggage with Umbridge standing in front of her. The poor woman looked so distraught.

"Sixteen years I have lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this," Trelawney said with a trembling voice tears threatening their way out.

"Actually I can," Umbridge said holding up a piece of paper.

I looked out at all of the people in the crowd that had formed. There were many different emotions, some student were even crying. Professor McGonagall walked out and hugged Trelawney trying to comfort her.

"Something you'd like to say dear?" Umbridge asked McGonagall.

"Oh there are several things I would like to say," she said back.

The main door opened causing everyone to turn to see who it was. There were so many people I couldn't see who it was at first.

"Dumbledore," George mumbled beside me.

"Professor McGonagall may I ask you to escort Sybill back inside," Dumbledore said walking up to the women standing in front of him.

McGonagall helped Professor Trelawney back inside. She thanked Dumbledore as she passed him, I assume a sense of relief washing over her.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23 as enacted by the Minister-

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers but you do not have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the head master," he said.

"For now," Umbridge replied back.

Dumbledore turned around walking back to the castle, "Don't you all have some studying to do."

The crowd started to dissipate as everyone made their way back inside.

"What a foul evil little gargoyle that woman is," I said walking next to the twins and Lee.

"I think that's an insult to gargoyles," Fred said.

"Either way, she is trying to ruin this school and no one is trying to stop her," I said.

We were all sitting at dinner that night when Hermione came and sat by me.

"Are you all going to Hogsmeade next weekend?" she asked.

"Probably, we try and go when we can," I said, "Why?"

"There is going to be a meeting at Hogs Head about trying to get a group together to learn how to defend ourselves," Hermione whispered so that no one could hear her.

"Are you breaking the rules, Granger?" George asked with a smirk on his face.

"There is a time and a place for things George, and this needs to be done," she said sending him a look, "If she isn't going to teach us someone has too."

"I agree," I said.

"So you all will be there?" she asked.

We all shook our heads yes.

"Good, the meeting will start at 12, don't be late," she said getting up from the table.

...

Today was the day of Fred and I's date and I was a bit nervous. I know, silly of my right, we've been together for 11 months. We had been hanging out all day and I was now back in my room getting ready. I was not the best at hair or makeup so I had asked Hermione and Ginny to come help.

"Are you nervous?" Hermione asked.

"A little," I said.

"Why on earth are you nervous? The boy is head over heels in love with you," Ginny said.

"I don't know if I'd go that far Gin," I said.

"I would," she said

"Do you love him?" Hermione asked catching me off guard.

"Well, I haven't really thought about it honestly. A lot has happened in the past 11 months we haven't really had time to focus on us," I said.

I sat there and thought for a minute and thought. Do I love Fred?

"I think you do, you just don't know it fully yet," Ginny said.

"And how do you know that Ginevra?" I said using her full name.

Ginny sent me a scowl, "I see the way you two look at each other. It's the exact same way Mum and Dad look at each other, and they've been together forever!" she said.

Do Fred and I really look at each other in a certain way?

"Done," Hermione said pinning the last piece of hair into place.

"Now go get dressed," Ginny said.

I grabbed my dress off of the bed going to the bathroom to get changed. Hermione had done very light eye makeup with a deep red lip, she had straightened my hair pulling half of it back into a braid. Since it was November and cold outside I decided on a long sleeve red velvet dress with a v neck. The dress was tight against my body but had a little ruching in the middle hiding my some what of a stomach. Sometimes I felt self conscious about it but I knew Fred loved me the way that I was. I looked at myself again in the mirror before I walked out of the bathroom

"Wow, you look beautiful!" Hermione said.

"More like hot, Fred is totally going to want to smash you!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Ginny!" I said looking at her trying not to blush.

"What," she said throwing her hands up in defense, " I'm just speaking the truth.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my long coat out of the closet.

"You better get going, I'm sure he's waiting on you," Hermione said.

"Wish me luck," I said.

"You're not going to need it," Ginny said.

I walked out of my room heading to the common room where I was supposed to meet Fred. I turned the corner down the stairs and saw George, Lee, and Fred standing by the couch. Fred was wearing black dress pants with a deep red shirt that just so happened to match my dress perfectly. George saw my first sending me a bright smile before nudging his brother and motioning toward me. Fred turned around, as soon as his eyes landed on me a big grin came on his face.

"You look absolutely amazing," Fred said pulling me in for a kiss.

"I think she looks hot," Lee said earning a glare from Fred and a shove from George.

"What?!" Lee exclaimed.

"You look great, Mal" George said.

"Thank you all," I said.

"Well, are you ready to go?" Fred asked putting his hand out so I could grab it.

I nodded my head grabbing his hand as we started our way out of the common room.

"They grow up so fast, Georgie," Lee said pretending to fake cry.

"They really do, pretty soon we'll be attending their wedding," George said as he also fake cried.

"Maybe they'll name their kids after us one day," Lee said back.

This caused a laugh to slip out of my mouth.

"Would you two cut it out," Fred said turning to look as them both.

"Also, it will be in your dreams if I name any of my kids after you, Jordan," I said.

Fred and I continued to walk out of the door and the last thing we heard was George saying, "Well at least I have a shot."

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! Sorry I didn't put the date in this chapter. I wanted to have plenty of room for the date and didn't want to make this chapter too long!

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.7K 41
"We were together. I forget the rest." Fred didn't like her. In fact, he had decided, first year, that he despised her. Despised is a strong word and...
46.4K 1.1K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...
103K 2.5K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
27.3K 253 15
Yn Potter × Fred Weasley