Will Love Last//Fred Weasley...

By mrsfredweasley22

Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school tog... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors Note
New Story

Chapter 19

861 6 0
By mrsfredweasley22

Coming back to Hogwarts was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed being back around everyone again. It was my last year and I was determined to make it a good one.

"Good evening children," Dumbledore said, "This year we have two changes in staffing. I am please to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who will be taking care of magical creature while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish a welcome to our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher Professor Delores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professors good luck."

"Now as usually our care taker, Mr.Filch ask asked me to remind you-

Dumbledore was cut off by Umbridge standing up.

"She was at my hearing," I heard Harry say, "She works for Fudge."

"Thank you head master for those kind words of welcome. How lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me," Umbridge said in.

I gave Fred a look causing him to shrug his shoulders.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," she continued.

"That's likely," Fred and George said at the same time, receiving a look from Umbridge.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young Witches and Wizards to be a vital importance. Although each Head Master has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress is strictly discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, prefect what can be perfected, and prune practices that should be prohibited," Umbridge finished with a giggle.

Dumbledore started clapping, only part of the hall joining him.

"Thank you Professor Umbridge, that really was the most illuminating," Dumbledore said.

"Illuminating? What a load," Ron said.

"What's it mean?" Harry asked.

"It's means the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts," Hermione said.

All I wanted was one normal year...

The feast had finished and we were all now in the common room. The room was buzzing with people excited to see their friends again after not seeing them all summer.

Harry walked in causing people to go quiet and start whispering.

"Dean, Seamus, good Holiday?" Harry asked.

"Alright. Better than Seamus's anyway," Dean replied.

Seamus stood up throwing the paper down on the table, "Me mum didn't want my to come back this year."

"Why not?" asked Harry.

"Let me see umm because of you," he said, "The Daily Prophet has been saying a lot about you Harry and about Dumbledore as well."

"What? And your mum believes them?" Harry asks.

"Well nobody was there the night Cedric died," Seamus said.

"Oh well I guess you should read the Prophet then like your stupid mother it will tell you everything you need to know," Harry said.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" Seamus exclaimed.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar!" Harry said.

"What's going on?" Ron asked walking into the common room.

"He's gone mad, that's what's going on," Seamus said pointing at Harry, "Do you believe the rubbish he's coming out with about you know who?"

"Yeah I do," Ron said, "Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?"

The room went quiet and Ron and Harry walked upstairs. Everyone soon went back to their own conversations.

"I kinda feel bad for Harry," I said turning back to the twins and Lee.

"People will learn the truth eventually," George said.

...

The first day of class was always a struggle. Trying to get back into the routine of waking up early and back in the habit of doing school work always took some time. I was supposed to be meeting Lee and the twins in the common room so that we could head to breakfast but I was of course running behind.

"There you are. I'm absolutely starving," Lee groaned getting off the couch.

"Well good morning to you too," I said giving him a look.

"Excuse him. He's been starving since he woke up this morning," George said.

We all walked out of the common room heading toward the great hall.

"What's your schedule look like again?" Fred asked walking up beside me.

"I've got Charms, DADA, Free Period, Double Potions, and Transfiguration.

"I also have DADA and a Free Period," Fred said.

"Me too," George said from beside me.

We got to the great hall for breakfast and sat in our usually spots. Lee was in fact starving and started scarfing down the eggs and toast he had placed on his plate.

"Do you think things will go better for Harry today?" I asked.

"With the way Umbridge is eyeing him I'd say as long as he doesn't have her class he'll be fine,"Lee said making us all look toward the teachers table.

He was right Umbridge was staring right at Harry with a smile on her face but you could tell by her eyes that she did not like him.

...

I was on my way to DADA. I was going to meet Lee and the twins there. I was a little anxious to see how the class was going to go. I hoped the twins behaved themselves but knowing those two they probably wouldn't.

I walked in taking a seat next to Fred and in front of George and Lee. Umbridge was at the front of the room peering out over all of us. The classroom was mostly quiet, I think everyone was too scared to speak.

"Good morning children," Professor Umbridge said standing from her chair.

The whole class stayed quiet.

"Let's try that again shall we. When I said good morning, you will reply good morning Professor Umbridge," she said with a smile.

"Good morning, children," she repeated.

"Good morning Professor Umbridge," the class said back in monotones voices.

"Better, but I expect it to be more cheerful next time," she said.

"That's likely," I head George whisper behind me.

"Now, let's get started shall we. N.E.W.T.S. You all will be taking N.E.W.T.S at the end of the year. Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences may be severe," she said.

I give Fred a "is she crazy" look and he just shook his head.

Umbridge flicked her wand sending books floating through the air to land on our desks.

"Your previous instruction in the subject has been horrifically uneven. But you'll be please to know that from now on you'll be following a Ministry approved course on Defensive Magic," she said.

I flipped through the book noticing there were no defensive spell in it whatsoever. I raised my hand to ask about it.

"Yes, Miss...

"Valentine," I said.

"Yes, Miss Valentine what is your question?" she asked.

"There is nothing in here about using  defensive spells," I said.

"Using them?," Umbridge said with a giggle, "Well I can't imagine why you would need to use such spells in my classroom."

"You mean we aren't going to use magic?" George asked.

"You will be learning about Defensive Spells in a secure risk free way," she said looking at him.

"Since when is using defensive spells ever risk free," Fred whispered to me.

I just shrugged my shoulders turning my attention back to the lesson Umbridge had started on.

"That woman is absolutely bonkers," Lee said as we were leaving the classroom.

"Not using spells? How are we supposed to protect ourselves," George said.

"I can't help but think the Ministry is doing this to make us think that You Know Who isn't actually back," I said.

"Did you hear, Harry already has detention with the old bat." Fred chimed in.

"Detention already?" I asked, "What for?"

"He apparently started arguing with her about using defensive spells and about how You Know Who was in fact actually back," he said.

...

The rest of my classes went well. We were all now sitting in the common room waiting for Harry to get back from detention. The twins had decided to pass the time by testing out their skiving snack boxes in some eggar first years.

"What do you think she's done to him?" Ron asked.

"I don't know but I'm sure it's not good," Lee piped up.

Just as he finished Harry walked through the portrait all of our eyes landing on him.

"What?" he asked noticing we were all staring at him.

"What kind of punishment did you get?" George asked.

"I just had to write lines," he said going to sit in between Hermione and Ron.

"Just write lines?" Fred asked, "I thought she'd be a little more mid-evil than that."

I looked Harry up and down sensing he wasn't fully telling the truth. As I was looking him over something on his left hand caught my attention.

"What's that on your hand?" I asked.

"Nothing," Harry said holding up his right hand.

"Not that one, the other one," I said.

Hermione's reached out and grab Harry's hand making him wince in pain.

"Harry, what has she done to you?" Ron asked.

"You have to go to Dumbledore," Hermione said.

"No. Dumbledore has enough ton his plate and I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction," he said.

"Harry, the woman is torturing you," Ron said, "If the parents found out about this."

"Well I haven't got any of those now do I Ron?" Harry snapped.

"Harry, you have to report it," I said, "It's fairly simple."

"No, it's not simple. You guys don't understand," Harry said getting up and walking off toward his room.

Hey guys! I have about 40 chapter of this story written so far and will continue to upload and write! I have also started a Draco Malfoy story called His Dark Side and have 4 chapters written. Here is a little sneak peak

"Blayke was taken back by his response. Sure Draco could be cold to others but he had never treated her like that. There was something going on and she was going to find out what."

"It broke his heart to leave her standing there but he thought maybe if he broke things off with her it would protect her from the life he had gotten himself into."

I hope you guy will check out the story whenever I post it! Love you all 💛

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 9.4K 63
A Fred and George love story: 18+ While Eleanor prepares for her life after the battle of Hogwarts. She finds herself back in Diagon alley, starting...
56.4K 826 35
You're a Gryffindor in your sixth(or fifth. Whatever year they're in in goblet of fire) year with Fred and George Weasley. You'd been best friends si...
96.4K 2.8K 69
fred weasley x potter!oc (female) ~ Emilia Potter was never going to have a normal life. With Harry Potter as a brother, the Weasleys as her found f...
335K 6.6K 35
UNFINISHED STORY, ON HIATUS - MARKED AS COMPLETED 25/07/2023. 18+ 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮. 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘭𝘰...