Will Love Last//Fred Weasley...

By mrsfredweasley22

Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school tog... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors Note
New Story

Chapter 14

1.2K 14 5
By mrsfredweasley22

Hello!
I hope you guys are loving this story! Please remember to vote if you like it. I appreciate every reader so much! 💛
-A

We were now days away from the second task. Cedric had figured out the egg weeks ago but now I was currently in the library trying to help Cedric figure out how he was going to be able to hold his breathe under water for an hour.

"We have been here for hours and still don't have an answer," said Cedric putting his head down on the table.

"Oh, come on Cedric. Think positive thoughts, we'll figure it out eventually," I said flipping through a book I had.

The book I was reading was talking about different charms you could use for different things. I had flipped the page from reading about a charm that was supposed to give you an extra finger when I saw it.

"The bubble head charm!" I said.

"The what?" Cedric asked looking at me.

"Read this page," I said walking over to Cedric handing him the book.

Cedric read over the page for a moment, his eyes moving quickly taking in the information.

"Mal, you're absolutely brilliant!" Cedric said engulfing me in a hug and spinning me around.

"Oh please, I just stumbled across it," I said.

I started gather up the books that Cedric and I had gotten out to do our research.

"Do you know if Harry has figured out the egg yet?" he asked me.

"I don't think so. Hermione has been doing her best to try and help him out but she can only do so much," I said.

"Maybe I should go pay him a visit and drop some hint," he said, "After all, he did warn me about the dragons in the first task."

"That would be nice of you Cedric," I said giving him a smile.

...

It was the night before the first task and I was walking in the corridor with Fred. We had just come from the library because I wanted to finish up some homework so I didn't have to worry about it this weekend.

"Mal," I heard someone say from behind me making me turn around.

"Yeah," I said seeing it was Lee.

"McGonagall is looking for you, says she wants to see you in her office," he said.

"Ooooh, someones in trouble," teased Fred.

"Oh, stop. I'm sure it's nothing," I said, "I'll see you all tomorrow for the task, yeah?"

"Sure thing. George and I are going to be taking bets so we'll probably meet you and Lee at the platform after we're done," said Fred.

"Okay, I'll see you then," I said giving Fred a kiss.

Fred had officially asked me out on January 1st. He had taken me to Hogsmeade for lunch and we had walked around the shops all day. Later that night we were cuddling in his dorm, Fred had kicked George and Lee out so that we could continue to have alone time together. We were laying on the bed talking about random stuff and he asked me. I of course said yes, Fred made me happy and I already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

I had arrived at McGonagalls office. When I entered I saw Hermione, Ron, and a girl from Beauxbatons sitting in chairs. I believed that girl was Fleurs sister.

"Oh there you are Miss Valentine," said McGonagall, "Come in, please sit."

"Whats going on?" asked Ron.

As soon as the question came out of his mouth Dumbledore and Barty Crouch walked through the door. McGonagall looked at both of the men. The look on her face made me nervous.

"Oh good, you're all here," said Dumbledore.

"Are you sure about this Albus?" asked McGonagall.

"The children will be fine," said Crouch.

"Will be fine from what?" I asked.

"You four have been selected to be apart of the second task in the tournament," Dumbledore said.

"Be apart of, what do you mean?" said Fleur's sister next to me.

"Well you all will be put to sleep and dropped to the bottom of black lake to bet retrieved by the champions," said Dumbledore.

The feeling of anxiety and worry washed over my body

"Absolutely not!" said Hermione.

I had never seen her talk to a professor like that let alone Dumbledore.

"Don't worry. You all won't feel a thing. It will just be like you're in a deep sleep. Plus, you have no say in the matter you've already been chosen," said Crouch.

"And you just expect us to go willingly?" I asked looking at him like he was crazy.

Barty looked at Dumbledore and nodded. Dumbledore raised his wand and everything went black.

Fred P.O.V

I hadn't seen Mallorie this morning at breakfast and assumed I had just missed her. George and I went straight from breakfast to start taking bets since the task was starting soon. We were walking up the hill as students were heading down toward the boat.

"Any bet?!" I yelled.

"Place your bets, don't be shy!" yelled George next to me.

"Three lads," said George.

"One lady,"I said.

"Will all go down," he continued.

"Will the four come up?" I finished.

Ginny them bumped into my arm as she was coming down the hill.

"Don't be so mean," she said scolding us.

George and I continued to take bets a while longer.

"We should probably catch a boat," George said.

I nodded my head following him down the the boat that was going to take us out to the platforms on black lake. When George and I arrived at the platforms I started looking for Lee and Mallorie. I spotted Lee and walked over to him.

"Hey Lee, where's Mal?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I waited for her as long as I could this morning, she never showed." Lee said.

"Never showed? Thats odd." I said.

"When's the last time you saw her?" George asked.

"Last night. We were heading back to the common room and Lee came and told her that McGonagall was looking for her," I said.

"Hmm weird, I'm sure she's around here somewhere. She wouldn't miss seeing Harry and Cedric," Geoarge said.

"Yeah," I said putting my attention back on the champions because the second task was about to start.

I couldn't help but get a worried feeling inside of me.

"Welcome to the second task," said Dumbledore, "Last night something was stolen from each of our champions, a treasure of sort. Four treasures one for each champion now lie at the bottom of the black lake."

"You don't think-" George started to say.

"Mallorie's down there!!!" I said starting to get really worried.

"To win each of the champions need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have only but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that they will be on their own. No magic will save them," said Dumbledore.

"What if Cedric doesn't get her in time?" I asked looking at George worriedly.

"Mate, relax she'll be fine," George said patting me on the shoulder.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon," continued Dumbledore.

"Cedric, you better save my girlfriend or I'll kill you myself!" I yelled causing Cedric to turn around and look at me.

The cannon went off and Fleur, Krum, and Cedric jumped into the water. Harry had to be pushed in by Mad-Eye.

They had been under water for well over thirty minutes and I was starting to get really worried. I was pacing across the platform practically wearing a hole in my shoes.

"Fred, calm down, everything is going to be fine. He'll get her," said Lee.

"And how do you know that for sure?" I snapped at him, "I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous.

All of a sudden I saw someone came up from the water. I ran to the edge of the platform and noticed it was just Fleur. Someone helped her onto the platform and gave her a towel to dry off.

"The Beauxbatons champion, Miss Delacour has unfortunately been forced to retire. So she will take not further part in this task," announced Dumbledore. I turned back around and started pacing again.

I soon heard loud cheers and looked over seeing Cedric emerge from the water with Mallorie. I ran over to the edge of the platform helping to pull her out of the water.

"Bloody hell, Mal. I was getting so worried there for a while," I said pulling her into a hug not caring that she was soaking wet.

Mallorie didn't say anything but started to shiver under me.

"Here, let's go get you a towel," I said leading her over to where to towels were.

I was so glad that she was okay and very thankful to Cedric for getting her even though he was the reason she was down there.

Mallories P.O.V

The next thing I knew I was sucking in a deep breath of air and felt coldness take over my body. I opened my eyes quickly looking around. I saw Cedric next to me in the water.

"Are you alright?" he asked pulling me toward the platform in the lake.

I nodded my head unable to speak from shock at the moment. When we got to the platform I saw Fred standing at the edge with his arm outreached to help me up. I grabbed his had letting him pull me up.

"Bloody hell, Mal. I was getting so worried there for a while," Fred said pulling me into a hug even though I was soaking wet.

I started to shiver as I took in the cold February air. Who's idea was it anyway to have the second task in the black lake in February?!

"Here, let's go get you a towel," Fred said pulling me toward where the towels were being kept.

We walked over to the towels and I grabbed one wrapping it around my body. Fred had also placed his jacket around my shoulders to give me extra warmth. I was standing next to Fred when Cedric walked up.

"Feeling any warmer?" he asked.

"Yes, very much so," I said, "Thank you for saving me."

"You're welcome. Plus, if I didn't Fred said he was going to kill me himself," Cedric said with a chuckle.

I looked over at Fred giving him a questioning look.

"What, don't give me that look. What did you expect me to say when I found out that my girlfriend was in the bottom of the black lake," he said putting his arms up in defense.

I just giggled at him looking over as someone else merged from the water. It was Victor Krum with Hermione. They both got out of the water and walked over to get towels. We were coming up on the hour mark and Harry still had not returned with Ron. The clock had hit an hour and they were no where to be seen. A second later Ron and Gabriella came up out of the water but there was no Harry. Ron helped the girl over to the platform and they got out of the water. I looked around the water looking for any signs of Harry.

"Where in the world is he?" I asked looking at Fred.

"I'm not sure love," he said.

I heard and sound and looked over seeing Harry shooting out of the water and landing on the plat form. Shamus threw a towel over Harry telling someone behind him to go grab another one. Fleur rushed over to Harry as soon as she saw him.

"You saved her even though she wasn't your's to save, my sister?" Fleur said kissing Harry on both cheeks.

"And you, you helped?" Fleur said going to Ron and kissing him on the cheeks as well.

Ron looked like he was about to faint with joy after Fleur left.

"Harry!" yelled Hermione running over to him.

"Hermione," Harry said.

"You're freezing," she said taking off her own towel and wrapping it around him.

"Attention," announced Dumbledore, "The winner is Mr. Diggory!"

The whole ground cheered. I hugged Cedric congratulating him.

"Since Mr. Potter would have finished first if it weren't for his determination to not only save Mr. Weasley but the others as well we have agreed to award him second place!"

All of the Hogwarts students cheered while the Drumstrang students booed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 826 35
You're a Gryffindor in your sixth(or fifth. Whatever year they're in in goblet of fire) year with Fred and George Weasley. You'd been best friends si...
27.3K 239 19
War is finished. Harry and Ginny both ready to mingle but yet again a difficulty comes in between them, breaking them apart. ______ *editing* *A/N- t...
127K 5.2K 50
"𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶... 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥. 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘭...
570K 22K 76
"𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮." "𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶." ────────────────── Following the events of the...