ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 81

72 6 49
By hidden_1nk

It's been two weeks since Sawyers head injury and I've been avoiding him like the plague. I don't think he minds me not being there to bother him. He's kind of been working hard with Thomas. I kind of gave myself a break from working with them. Sawyer hasn't said anything so here I am.

Breakfast has been awkward. Drew always asks if I need anything or if I'm hungry every second of the day. It's sweet but annoying at the same time, I just don't know how to tell him to stop.

"Opal, do you want anything specific for breakfast?" Drew right away gets up from eating and heads to the stove.

"No, I'll make myself a bowl of cereal." I sigh and start preparing.

"Are you sure? I'm already up." He says and everyone is looking between us.

"I'm sure." I nod with a quick smile.

"You don't want eggs, pancakes, bacon?" He still continues not getting the hint.

"She said she'd have cereal." Sawyer rudely cuts in. I guess he's also getting annoyed with Drew.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" I turn to Drew when I'm done pouring milk into the bowl.

Drew looks at everyone and slowly to me. "Okay, but is everything okay?" He asks and I pull at his arm and take him far away from the kitchen.

"You need to stop." I quietly tell him.

"What?" He says with a tiny laugh.

"You keep asking if I'm hungry or need anything every second. That's making everyone suspicious. Especially Sawyer." I smack him on the arm, hoping he get the hint.

"Jesus, I forgot I'm the only one who knows." He says and he rubs his forehead. "Shit, I promise I'll stop." He pats my shoulder and heads back to the kitchen. I breathe out, hoping I got to him.

I go back in a few minutes later and everyone is eyeing the both of us.

"Yes?" I snap.

"Nothing. You're acting weird." Avery says, signaling with her eyes that I need to act normal.

"Right, sorry. I've been having bad dreams." I shrug. I have, it's been the same one everyday. I'm always in a dark room, alone tied to a chair and hands, rotten hands are reaching out, cutting and scratching me. I shiver just thinking about it.

Sawyer catches my shiver and he raises an eyebrow. I know he wants an explanation but I just look away and take a spoonful of cereal.

"Any plans for today?" Sawyer randomly asks. No one answers and he turns to Evan,

"Oh, business meetings." Evan says as he reads the newspaper. Sawyer turns to Drew,

"Trying to find a job." Drew says and Sawyer frowns.

"Why? You have everything you need." Sawyer reassures my brother and Drew shakes his head.

"Mostly boredom. There's nothing for me to do here." Drew easily lies with a shrug. Sawyer nods and turns to Avery. I see what he's doing, he can careless about anyones plans, he just wants to know what I'm doing.

Sawyer looks to Avery next, she puts her fork down and sighs, "Do you really care?" She asks and Sawyer chuckles,

"Of course I do." Sawyer defends and I hold in my laugh. I finally can tell when Sawyer is lying. His eyebrow twitches for a spit second and he fidgets a certain way, but he makes you believe every word.

"Fine, I plan to help Evan with his work day and probably do some online shopping." She says and Sawyer nods when he finally turns to me, his face serious.

I don't say anything and confuse eating. "Opal." Sawyer says and I finally look up.

"What?" I play dumb and put another spoonful of cereal in my mouth. I know he knows what I'm doing just by the look I'm receiving.

"Your plans?" He asks and everyone seems to be looking at me.

"I don't know." I shrug. He frowns at my answer and I feel bad, "maybe do something." I add and now he knows I'm messing with him.

"Like what?" He continues.

I shrug again, "maybe job hunt with Drew." I say and I know that bothers him by the way he bites on his jaw.

He quickly gets up, "the Walkers don't trust we'll take care of them." He says almost hurt, offended more like it. Him saying our last name throws me off, it feels foreign.

"It's not like that, dude." Drew glares at me and I just shrug and take another bite of my cereal, unbothered and I know it's bothering Sawyer.

I'm not sure if it's hormones but everyone is annoying me today, especially Sawyer and Drew.

I hear Sawyer and Drew arguing as I exit out of the kitchen and I just hope Drew doesn't open his big stupid mouth.

I need a day to myself. The weather outside is pretty today so I decide to draw and sketch outside.

I'm startled by a noise. I flip around and see Sawyer leaning against the wall staring down at me.

He sits on the edge of the bench opposite me but not before handing me a warm cup of hot chocolate.

"Thanks." I say, taking the cup from him. "Sawyer bringing me a cup of hot chocolate? You must want something." I teasingly say.

"I do." He looks squarely at me. He's sitting opposite of me and I fight the urge to sit beside him.

"So what do you want?" I question, not paying attention to him and going back to sketching. When he doesn't answer and I look up at him. He's just casually admiring me and I raise an eyebrow.

"Are you going to tell me?" I question, my attention back to sketching. I didn't know what to draw so I'm drawing Sawyer sitting across from me. Well a rough rough sketch, no details yet.

"You." He says and I zone back into our conversation.

"What?" I ask, not knowing what he's talking about.

"I want you." He repeats. "Go out with me for real." He says.

I don't know what to say, I'm caught a little off guard and don't answer him right away.

"Umm." I whisper to myself. I think he expected me to answer right away, the disappointment on his face is evident.

"Did I hurt you?" He questions and my brain goes back to him confessing his love to me.

"No." I shrug, kind of defensive. He stares at me and laughs, but not a humorous one.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He questions. I can't believe he doesn't remember.

I sit there for a while as we both stare at each other, me trying to figure out if he remembers and him trying to figure out why I'm being this way.

When I realize he actually doesn't remember I burst out laughing. I guess I can make fun of him for this. I'd never let him live this down.

He nervously laughs with me and suddenly stops,

"What's so funny?" He asks.

"You professed your undying love for me." I laugh, trying to hide the pain. "Didn't know you were so in love." I tease.

He seems sort of hurt before he gives me a confused face,

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asks.

"The night you came back from the hospital, you said some words." I tell him and he puts his finger to his mouth as he thinks.

"I was on pain meds and in the wrong state of mind. I don't remember." He says, not finding any of this funny.

"Well, you love me." I stick my tongue out and he rolls his eyes. He walks over to me and sits beside me.

"Drawing me again?" He's teasing me now.

"No." I deny and pull the book away from him.

"Is that why you've been avoiding me?" He turns to me, serious once again.

I look down at the unfinished drawing, my smile becoming a frown. It's dumb to be avoiding him for saying those words, but I want those words to be said to me now.

He sees that I'm struggling internally for an answer and he lifts my chin up so I'm looking at him.

"Can I kiss you?" Sawyer asks and increase my eyebrows. He never asks and hearing him asks is probably the cutest thing I've heard him say.

I lean in and peck him on the lips. He smiles as he shakes his head,

"No, can I have a real kiss?"

I look at him but his focus is on my lips. I smile and slowly nod.

"Yes." I try to say but it comes out shaky. My eyes drift back up to his and it was over. His lips easily catch mine in a hard kiss, driving them apart from the force of it. There was nothing gentle about this. I feel the bench beneath my shake a little as he shifts me to lie down, the bench pressing against my back. He takes my face between his hands as he hovers over me.

Every thought in my head is gone, as it explodes to pure, pounding white nothingness. I try to pull away,

"No." He says, as he brings my lips back to his. I slide my hands under his jacket to press him closer to me. The low groan from the back of his throat, a small pleasing noise that is now setting every inch of my skin on fire.

Sawyer finally stops, and I frown. "When I professed my love," he says dramatically and I giggle. "Did you say it back?" He genuinely asks.

"Uh, umph." Im kinda stumped for words but all Sawyer does is nod at my reaction, he presses his lips together and swiftly sits back down.

"Come on." Sawyer says and I sit there staring up at him. He extends his hands as he waits for me to take it.

"Where are we going?" I hesitantly take his hands.

"You've been sitting out here drawing for hours. Let me show you what I love to do." He says and I perk up at his words. Sawyer is finally starting to let me in again.

We drive maybe an hour away. Sawyer packed food, blankets and he told me to dress warm.

The weather is starting to get a little gloomy, almost like if it was going to rain, but no rain in the forecast.

We finally pull to a stop. No other cars are here and it's very secluded.

"Not to be a downer, but where are we. I'm a little scared." I let Sawyer know. He starts unpacking and puts everything in a duffel bag.

Which doesn't make me feel any safer. Duffle bags are carried by creepy men who hide in the woods.

"Don't let your mind wander." Sawyer rolls his eyes and I look at the trail ahead of us. I did not sign up for hiking.

"I'm already tired." I tell him and he ignores me. He takes my hand into his and the warmth is back. We walk for at least ten minutes and come up on a secret trail which leads us to a small waterfall.

"This is what you like doing? Hiking to see waterfalls?" I question and Sawyer nods. He takes out a camera and starts taking photos of everything including me.

"I didn't know you liked photography." I continue.

"I sometimes take photos in hopes that you draw them better." He says and my eyes widen.

"Are those what all those books are? They're photo albums?" I question. I always thought they looked like weird books. They were neatly shelved in Sawyers room.

Sawyer sets up the blanket and food. He stuffed two pillows in the duffle bag and he fluffs them onto the blanket. He starts steering up a hammock on tow trees.

"Sometimes the noise of the water fall helps me think." He says.

"Do you sleep here?" I question as he sets up the hammock.

"Sometimes." He shrugs and I look around. It's very beautiful but I'm sure in the dark it's creepy and scary.

We both plop down and he wraps a blanket around us. We stay quiet for a while.

"Where's one place you'd like visit?" Sawyer asks and I look up thinking.

"If possible everywhere. There must be so many cute hidden villages and cities and it's sad I won't ever be able to see all of them." I tell him.

"That would take forever." Sawyer points out and I shrug.

Sawyer gets up, all the warmth leaving with him. He bends down and picks up a few rocks.

He throws a few and they skip in the water. He smiles, proud about how far they went. He turns to me,

"Opal, find some flat rocks." He says.

"I'm assuming you want me to try."

"Uh, you are trying it." He says and I groan.

"No." I shake my head, I'm warm and comfy where I'm at. He takes my no as a challenge and stalks over to me and pulls me up. He hands me a few rocks.

"Your hand has to be like this. Thumb here. Your wrist like this." He says as he puts his arms around mine, motioning the motions. "Okay, not flick the wrist and throw." He says.

The first rock hits the water and sinks to the bottom.

I laugh, embarrassed that this looks easier said than done.

Sawyer stands behind me as he puts his arm and hand over mine, to reach me the motions again.

"Okay, okay. Let me try it on my own. Don't help." I tell him and he lifts his arms up and steps away from me.

"You won't be a pro, but you got this." He says and I throw another one and it sinks. I try again, grunting and groaning and again it sinks.

I breathe out, "Godammit, this is awful and now I'm tired." I try catching my breath.

"You're doing great." Sawyer snorts and I roll my eyes.

Sawyer once again helps me with the motion and this time helps me throw the rock. It skips twice which is better than it sinking but I want to do it on my own.

I playfully shove Sawyer away and he sits on a large rock. I whisper to the rock, threatening for it to skip at least three times. Kiss it for good luck and breathe out. When I throw the rock it skids a little on the water and then it skips a few times. I stand there stunned, my mouth open wide.

"I did it. I did it. Did you see that? Did you see what I did?" I scream, shouting pure joy. I turn to Sawyer who seems almost as surprised as me and he claps at my success.

I climb up to the rock he's sitting at and sit between in legs. He pulls me in close and we just enjoy the sound of splashing water from the water fall.

He takes a few pebbles from beside him and randomly throws them in the water. This is peaceful and relaxing. I don't think I ever want to leave.  Sawyers hand is resting on top of my shoulder and I play with his fingers.

I feel Sawyer lean his face into the side of my head, almost as if he were smelling my hair. We stay like this for a while as he embraces me between him. My eyes are dropping form all the noise surrounding us.

"I love you, Opal." Sawyer says, his mouth is close to my ear and I freeze at his words. My eyes widen at his words, my heart sinking. I'm happy he can't see how freaked out I am right now. I slightly pull forward, all of a sudden needing space. I turn my head but refuse to look at him and I feel him looking down at me.

I open my mouth to say something anything but a small noise comes out and I look down.

I feel assured breathe out and he rests his chin on the top of my head. I can feel the disappointment radiating off of him. I'm still frozen in spot as I feel him move again.

"We should probably get going. It's getting dark." Sawyer pulls away from as he gets up, leaving me there. I slowly follow after him and stand on the picnic blanket as he hurries and undoes the hammock and angrily puts it way.

I know he's hurt, as he slams the chain to the ground. His back is to me and I hear him huff out. I just run to him and hug him from behind. I swiftly turn him around and tip toe up to kiss him. He's caught off guard and  he pulls away to look at me before going back in for more. His hand moves to the back of my neck and he leans deep into the kiss. He finally takes the lead and turns me around and I'm pushed up against the tree, our breathing intensifying as we don't break the kiss. He lifts me up and carries me to the blanket on the floor and gently lies me down.

In a split second our clothes are off. He hovers over me, never breaking the kiss. I feel him position himself, and the pressure of him as he slowly slides in and out.

Our breathing intensifies, as he kisses me deeper. My fingers run along his back, as I try to get him closer to me. His hands glide from the top of my shoulder to my stomach. He slowly thrusts inside of me and takes my hands laying them flat beside beside my head.

My head tilts back in ecstasy, my eyes not able to open. Small moans fall from my mouth as his breathes heavier and grunts with every movement.

"Sawyer." I quietly moan, my fingers curling the blanket. We both reach climax and Sawyer just stares down at me, and I reach up to his face.

"God, you're beautiful." He whispers, taking me all in. His lips hover over mine as we take in this moment. He leans in one more time and softly kisses me.

Sawyer plops down beside me, as he covers us both with a blanket. I feel him playing with my hair and I stare up at him. Sawyers eyes seem so bright, like all the weight has been lifted from his shoulders. I can't help but stare at his beautiful eyes.

"When I was little, maybe six or seven." I break the silence and Sawyer looks down at me. "I remember my teacher telling me the most vibrant colored insects were or are the most poisonous." I can't help but stare into Sawyers  eyes in this very moment, a swirl of bright green and blue, and a hint of golden specks. I realize my teacher was right.

Sawyer is poison to me, but the one you always want to keep taking.

———————————————————————
Hey!
Another update! I really hope I keep this up! Haha

Enjoy! ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Remember By Alexis

Mystery / Thriller

107K 13.5K 101
Imagine being stranded in the middle of nowhere with no memory of who you are. You randomly walk into a coffee shop, clueless. You start questioning...
341K 4.6K 200
Just a bunch of Jiara oneshots. Be sure to check out part 2!
320K 13.5K 38
[ongoing revisions] Twisted Wonderland x male reader ━━━━━━━━━━━ "𝐁𝐞𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐒𝐜π₯𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩...
223K 6.6K 14
(M/N). A young boy who is unable to speak. Not able to make a sound. To make up for it he has amazing art skills. His parents hated it. They didn't w...