The Passionate Ego

By _unicorn_writer_

Manik a rich businesss tycoon is all about lust and passion while Nandini is all about fun and dominance in h... More

ABOUT
1 : FIND SOMEONE ELSE
2 : FUCK YOU MALHOTRA
3 : ME AND THE PLAYER
4 : JERK ALERT
5 : DIFFERENT RELATIONS
6 : UNEXPECTED
7 : MR. JERK
8 : THE NICE HIM?
9 : HEART VS HEAD
10: KEEPING UP WITH MALHOTRA
11: IT'S ALL A GAME
12:MISTAKE?
13: SECRET TILL MY GRAVE!
14:FLIPPER
15: DRUNK WHO?
16: WE ARE WHAT?
17:RULES ARE RULES
18: PERSPECTIVES
19: THE JERK'S RICH
20: LATE DATE
21: DAY ONE
UPDATE
22: THE BALL I
23: THE BALL II
24: DREAM
25: REBEL
26: LUNCH AFFAIRS
27: AWKWARD CONVERSATIONS
28: HAPPY AND HEALTHY
29: DOUBLE TROUBLE
30: FALLEN TOO HARD
31: BROKEN FAMILY
32: UNSPOKEN LOVE
33: HOLD ME TIGHT
34: OLD ACQUAINTANCE
35: IT'S OVER
36: NEW PEOPLE; NEW LIFE
37: HERE WE GO AGAIN?
38:WHO'S HE?
39: REVIVAL
40: MOVED ON?
41: GROOMSMEN AND BRIDESMAIDS
42: GENRE?
43: ON OUR TOES
44: WEDDING DRESSES
45 : BACHELORETTE VS BACHELORS
46 : REVENGE GOTTA BE SWEET
AUTHOR'S NOTE
47 : ONE OF A KIND

48: I LOVE YOU ALWAYS FOREVER

2.7K 163 17
By _unicorn_writer_

And here we go for one last time!!
Happy reading..

NANDINI'S POV

What a wonderful day it was for an outdoor wedding: warm, but not terribly so. The early May sun peeked out occasionally. A pleasant breeze from the north rustled in the surrounding shrubs, cooling the guests and family members as they took their seats on either side of the walk leading to the gazebo. Sweet strains of classical music drifted through the crowd. I couldn't believe it; my best friend Navya and Cabir were finally getting married. What a memorable wedding it was.

The playground off to my right was empty, although a few children standing around the rows of chairs eyed it with a desire to play. Obviously, they would much rather be jumping and climbing, instead of being fussed over by their mothers and aunts, having their ties and hair bows adjusted. Balloons and streamers fluttered around the railing and banisters, a festive mixture of pink, light blue, and white.

To the left of me were rows of cars glittering in the sun. A stretched Lincoln stood alone, decked out in ribbons and twisted coils of streamers, ready to whisk the groom and bride away. 'Just Married' was painted across the dark rear window. As I sat there, I thought to myself how perfect and lovely everything was. The smell of fresh cut flowers filled the air.

Nah let's get back to reality shall we?

Currenty i stood adoring the little piece of work we had done at Manik's Mansion in the span of 10 hours. If i may remind you, the hailstorm had sabotaged the actual wedding so we now stood in a small room with only the close people of the bride and groom tired to our wits. Yet the happiest.

At the end of each seated aisle, jasmine scented candles hung from naked tree branches. Spread down the aisle was white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn't crack when you stepped on them. We'd have a small group of close family and friends dressed up and actually sort of delivered to the house. On either side of the aisle, they sat in white chairs set up for them on the sand.

"Okay, okay Navya, you need to breath... Can you do that for me??" Mukti asked Navya while i peeped my head through the door witing for Sofie.

Only five minutes remained before her wedding began; She was nervous just like the first time she went on a date with Cabir and we literally had to push her out.

"hey!" i heard a soft whisper behind me. Turning around i met Manik who looked breathtakingly handsome in his tux.

"Hey" i replied back as i saw his intense gaze on me.

"You look beautiful." he complimented and i couldn't help the blush that adored my face all of a sudden.

"Thank You. You don't look bad yourself. Manik i-" i dont' know if it was the wedding that was working on me but ihad to tell him the truth of how i feel for him.

"Shh i got you this and we'll talk later.Okay?" he brushed his thumb over my cheek as he slid a corsage on my wrist. A one matching my dress.

"How did you-?" I was confused.

"Let's just say the day's just begun." he whispered walking away when Sofie came running towards me nodding her head in a no and we knew we were screwed.

"I can breathe," Navya told Mukti "I just need my grandmother's necklace to calm down."

We looked at her wide-eyed. "Uh, Navya... about that."

(Thirty seconds later)

"What do you mean you can't find my necklace! I can't get married without it. It's my lucky charm. No way." Navya walked to and fro inside the bedroom.

"Look," Sofie said, "Everyone's here and has a program. It's about to start. I see Cabir waiting at the end of the aisle and he's just as nervous as you. DO you really want to not marry the love of your life over a necklace?"

Navya shook my head.

"Good, because if you don't marry him, I know plenty of women who would." Mukti added and i couldn't help but giggle at her face.

*************************

The music stopped, and all heads turned to face the far end of the walk. The opening to the bridal chorus started to play. Down the isle she came. I could not believe how beautiful Navya was. She wore a strapless wedding gown with embroidery on her bodice. Rhinestones and pearl beads were sewn on her gown. She also wore a two-tier veil, with a matching crystal head-piece. She held a French rose silk bouquet. Manik held her left arm and smiled at her as they reached the bottom step. There awaiting her was the pastor and her husband-to-be. Cabir was stunning. He wore a black, single-breasted, satin tuxedo with a white-wing collar shirt.

NAVYA'S POV (I thought she deserved one)

   Finally, the priest came out and asked every to stand. It was my turn! All eyes would soon be on me. The flower girl lined the path with white rose petals as the music started. I only took two steps out before I was greeted Manik.How much i wished my dad did that. He escorted me down the aisle, which seemed longer than before. It was strange that he became my strength; without him I might have fainted down. The guests looked at me, taking pictures of my dress, waving at me, smiling- one thing was for sure, though... no one made a sound. Up ahead I saw him, Cabir. My future husband, the love of my life, my everything. He stood taller, his shoulders back and his eyes on me. If I wasn't mistaken I could have sworn tears filled his eyes.

Was this really happening? Will i soon be his forever? 

The priest said to guests, "You can now be seated". My friends and family followed his request.

"Dearly beloved," he began, "we are gathered here this evening to witness this man and woman join together in holy matrimony."

He said the speech and afterward we exchanged vows, tears filling both our eyes. The ring bearer came forward and presented the rings. I placed Cabir's ring on first, then he placed on mine.

The priest nodded and asked, "If anyone objects to the marriage speak now or forever hold your peace".

As assumed, Mukti as a joke acted to have stood up from her place as we all laughed but seated back. "With the power invested in me by the State I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Cabir leaned in and kissed me,softly like he's never done it before. Everyone cheered for us, however I barely noticed; my full attention rested on Cabir.

NANDINI'S POV

I was happy for my friend as i watched her interacting with Cabir and the guests. The wedding was a success no matter how badly it began but in the end we were all here. I heard someone shuffle beside me.

"I have a feeling you made a decision." Austin spoke with a smile.

" It has always been him." I replied.

"And i am happy for you. And also i am going back." he informed me as i turned surprised at him.

"Don't look at me that way. I was bound to leave but had gotten stuck here. Let's just say it's freedom from a feeling i can't explain." He turned my focus back to the happy couple as i interlinked my arm into his.

"By the way i told him the truth about us." Austin spoke after sometime. " he deserved it" he added.

From the corner of my eye i saw Manik walking towards me as Austin left my side. Manik held out his hand for me with a smile.

"I know you like to be asked properly." he said to which i giggled and gladly took it.

MANIK'S POV

(Playlist - Perfect)

"Shall we?"

She smiled and nodded as I took her hand and twirled her into my arms.

We fell in step, letting the rhythm control our movements. All the scenery and people around us dissolved. It was her and I, alone. Her honeycomb eyes glistened, and a smile spread across her beautiful face.Uncontrollable feelings surged through my body, and my fingers tingles in delight. My hand brushed across her cheek. My body was acting on its own, no chains to hold me back from this pure paradise.

"I wish i could have this wedding." i heard her say.

"I've heard wishes are being granted today." i replied as I drew her close to my chest, and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Her golden locks fell over her eyes, like a curtain blocking out the light. She began to withdraw her hand to brush away her hair, but my hand clutched onto hers. I carefully laid her thin hand on my shoulder. I delicately tucked her lock behind her ear, and her eyes twinkled back at me in greeting.

Her lips went to my ear as she whispered ever so softly. "You know how to be romantic."

She set her head on my shoulder. We continued to dance, too lost in the music to halt. Time passed as our feet moved in the steps of the foxtrot. She brought her head up and sleepily opened her eyes. She leaned in and planted her lip on mine. I wrapped my arms around her neck in return and held her tight as the kiss continued. Her kisses were all taking. Like she was drawing something out of me with soft little jabs of my chin. She brought her fingers up to my hair yet she couldn't open her eyes.

Our sweet assault was stopped as we parted for breathe and the music came to a halt. From the corner i saw Cabir giving me a head's up as they both walked towards us. They stopped near the end of the walk, forming the start of the receiving line. The family and guests filed down, pausing for hugs and kisses and congratulating the young couple. nandini looked at her friend with a confused look as Mukti gave her, her bouquet of rose silk flowers. It didn't make sense to her at all until she saw me down on one knee with a ring in my hand.

"Nandini," I began, "Remember when you kissed for a truth or dare game and then practically insulted me when i made you wait for my interview?"

"We were idiots back then." she laughed

"It mattered because that day I knew you would one day be my wife. After hanging out with you, I picked up my mom's photo and told her that I had found the one. She must have said, 'good for you, now you'll understand what i went through.'"

Everyone laughed and Sofie nodded her head in amusement.

"It's true. I didn't even believe myself. I mean kids have crushes and puppy love but i was 'Manik Malhotra'. I always thought love was useless and no one really knows if it will ever work out. Do you know what my dad said to me the day he died?"

Nandini shook her head.

He said, 'Manik, if you don't marry the woman you'll fall in love with just because of your big fat ego, I'm coming back from my grave to haunt you." i chuckled. "I told him I will but not until I'm ready. That was years ago. And now, after thinking about long and hard I realize I can't imagine a life without you, Nandini. You complete me... it's like you're my other half. I don't just want you in my life anymore Nandini, i need you now."

Nandini began to cry. She covered her mouth with one hand and allowed the tears to fall. They became one with the flowers petals raining on her.

I pulled out a handkerchief and gave it to her which made her laugh. The world seemed to vanish and we couldn't look away from one another.

"Not a day goes by that I don't think about our future together now," I continued, "Nandini, (i opened the ring case) will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"Yes," Nandini managed to say, and so i took out the ring and placed it on my fiancé.

Nandini jumped into my arms as i twirled her around kissing her as passionately as i could while everyone applauded.

"This was by far the best dance of my life." She smiled through her tears hugging me tighter.

"Definitely my dance partner for life." I replied as i hugged her closer than i ever could. I was an idiot to let her go before but i wasn't letting her go now.

So we finish this journey on a happy note.

Hope you guys liked it? I know i've been a bitch with the late posting but trust me i didn't wanted to.

Would love to read your reviews so  please do write it since i wrote loads of words for you.

If you liked my work, you can read some other too on my profile until than Ciao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 5.4K 40
Let's Find out what is the relationship between Manik And Nandini and why is it forbidden?
398K 31.7K 139
Manik And Nandini , two people with different opinions, completely different nature but a heart of gold. The only difference is one shows it to the w...
260K 13.6K 18
Itz a story about 2 people who are madly in love... story is full of romance bw manan.. some secrets .. nd true frndship..
238K 18.4K 45
A man who didn't want to get married or want a personal assistant ends up with both a wife and a personal assistant. She is innocent, timid and shy...