ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 71

81 6 36
By hidden_1nk

I sit on the toilet not worried about anything.

"Okay, but Opal, what if you are pregnant?" Avery paces back and forth.

"We will figure that out when we get there." I shrug. "I'm not pregnant."

"Opal!" I hear Drew shout.

"You can't leave." Avery warns and I roll my eyes and leave the bathroom.

I walk back downstairs,

"Drew?" I call out, no answer.

"Asshole." I hear Drew's voice in the kitchen. I make my way in there and I see Drew sitting on  the island chairs. Sawyer is holding an ice pack over Drew's face. He's laughing hysterically.

"What happened?" I rush to Drews side.

"Ask Sawyer." I see blood dripping and I grab a kitchen rag. I hand it to Drew who holds it against his mouth.

"We were training. He thought he could high kick at me. He ended up just twisting and missing and fell face first into the cement." Sawyer says in between laughs.

"Always trying to show off." I shake my head, "let me see." I move Sawyers hand. Drew's face is scratched and bruised. He has a busted lip and I can't help but slightly giggle.

"Sawyer, can you replay what happened?" I ask.

"Your boyfriend is a douche. He moved out of the way and I ate shit." Drew groans in pain when Sawyer presses the ice pack into his cheek.

My eyes widen at Drew saying boyfriend. Do I deny it? Do I ignore it? Did Sawyer say something?

"I did no such thing." Sawyer feigns innocence. Sawyer ignores it so I ignore it.

"Well now you can't go to sleep for at least an hour because you hit your head." I warn Drew and I turn to Sawyers, "And you have to watch him."

Sawyers face falls, "What, why me?" Sawyer complains.

"Yeah, why him?" Drew complains beside him.

"Me and Avery are busy." I shrug. "You're the doctor Sawyer. Help him." I deadpan.

"He will be fine. He just needs Advil." Sawyer rolls his eyes. "He's being dramatic." And right on cue Drew groans in pain.

Sawyer snaps his head to me, "See."

"Just watch him okay. I'll be back."

"Wait," Sawyer says. He walks me out into the living room,

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, why?" I question.

"Time hoping. I know you hate it." He says and I shrug it off.

"Im just glad you got what you needed. I was getting worried that maybe I'm going to die." I whisper my concern.

"Would never let that happen." He rubs my arm soothingly and I nod.

"I know." I say even though I'm not sure I know.

"They know about time travel." He says, almost worried.

"They were reading the energy spikes. They weren't there because we stole something. They were there because they were following you." He says and my eyes widen.

"What happens if we jump again?" I question.

"Im not sure they have the technology to catch us." Sawyer shrugs, unbothered. "It's just good we know to be one step ahead of them.

"Right. What about Tod, will he be arrested?" I question and Sawyer chuckles.

"No, everything goes back to normal. Like we weren't there, remember." Sawyer says and I nod.

"Right." I tell him.

"Let me check on you brother. If I hear him groan one more damn time." He says as he walks into the kitchen.

I slowly walk back upstairs and into Avery's room.

"Avery?" I call out. No answer. "Avery?" I call out again and I walk into the bathroom. Her back is to me.

"Avery." I softly tap on her shoulder. She slowly turns to me, the pregnancy test in hand.

Her eyes are watery,

"What happened, are you okay?" I question. She finally looks up at me,

"You're pregnant." She says and I pull away from her.

"What?" I ask, unable to even get the word out.

"You're pregnant." She says it louder this time.

"I can't be. How?" I take the test from her and in bold lettering the pregnancy test is flashing the word pregnant.

"We're taking another one. It can be a false positive." I don't believe I'm pregnant. I refuse to believe it.

"These are always right." Avery says and I sit back onto the toilet.

"I can't breathe. It's getting hot in here." I tell her.

"I can't breathe." I try taking in feel breathes but I can't gasp in any air.

"Avery." I call out her name. She panics and calls for Sawyer.

"Avery hide it. You can't tell anyone." I say. She nods and hides everything under sink. She quickly wraps the test and the box and trash in toilet paper and throws it under her sink.

"I need air." I try standing up but I get dizzy.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I hear Sawyer and Avery gets to him.

"I think she's having a panic attack." She pulls Sawyer into the bathroom. I try concentrating on my breathing.

"Opal. You're okay." Sawyer helps me stand up.

"I feel like I can't breathe. I can't swallow." I tell Sawyer. He holds onto me and helps me walk downstairs.

"We're going to go on a little walk." He says, he turns to Avery and "Get her a water bottle."

The next thing I know I'm drinking water and outside. The fresh air is helping and Sawyer calms me down as we walk around the garden.

"It helps to walk slowly and talk about nothing." Sawyer says. "I used to get panic attacks when I was younger and I learned to manage them." He looks down at me and I nod.

I can't think. I'm pregnant.

"Thank you. I think I'm okay." I tell him and he holds me tighter.

"I think you need rest." Sawyer says.

"I need Avery." I tell him and he seems almost hurt.

"Why?" He questions.

"Girl talk." I shrug. "She wanted to talk to me about something." I add and he nods.

He still doesn't seem happy about my answer.

"Besides, you have to take care of my brother." I pull away from his hand in mine and walk ahead of him. He pulls me back to him and makes me face him,

"Are you sure you're okay?" He's very close to my face and I know he's going to kiss me again.

I try not to lean away,

"I'm sure." I tell him and he licks his lips and nods at my answer. He softly kisses me,

"Okay." He says and he walks back into the house.

I rush back inside, dizzy but I'm okay. I run into Avery's room and jump onto her bed and just start crying.

Avery is quiet for a long time before she climbs right next to me.

I can feel her rubbing my back,

"What are you going to do?" She questions and I turn to her, watery boogers running down my nose.

"You can't tell anyone. Until I figure out what to do." I tell her and she nods.

"Promise me." I grab her collar.

"I promise." She says and I nod.

"I have a couple of months before I start to show." I tell her. "I think I can figure it out by then." She nods.

"What about doctor appointments?" She questions.

"Until then, you're going to have to take me." I tell her and she nods.

I start sobbing again.

"I can't believe I'm having Joseph's baby."

"Are you sure you want to go through with this? There's always adoption and abortion." She says and I immediately shake my head no.

"No. I can't do that." I tell her.

"Okay but can we think happy thoughts now?"

"What?" I croak.

"Like how I'm going to be an aunt to a little baby girl, or boy." She says. "How cute it's going to be or all the memories we are going to make?"

"I'm going to be a mom." I tell her and she smiles.

"You're going to be a mom." She hugs me. "I'm so excited." She says.

"I'm scared." I tell her.

"Don't be. You have me." She says and I breathe out.

This hasn't settled in, my mind is running a million miles per second and I can't help but cry.

"This is such bad timing." I look down at my stomach and poke at it.

"Why?" Avery whispers.

"I'm in love with Sawyer. What is he going to say or think when I tell him? He isn't going to love me." I cry again.

"That boy can never stop loving you. He will be in shock, angry, sad maybe but more angry. Even though he will still love you and the baby with all his heart." She pauses and looks at me, "I hope." She adds.

"What do I do?" I ask her.

"Let's just first process you being pregnant." She says and I nod.

"We will figure it out. Take it day a by day." She says.

I wake up startled. Avery is right next to me. I guess I cried myself to sleep.

I slowly get up and walk to Sawyers room.

I slowly open the door. It's complete darkness. I can see the time glowing by his side table. It's two in the morning.

"Sawyer." I whisper.

"What?" I hear him tiredly groan.

"Can I sleep with you?" I whisper.

"No." Sawyer immediately answers.

"Why not?" I counter, my voice rising.

"I'm trying to sleep." He informs, and rolls over. I move and stand in front of his bed instead of by the door.

I slowly climb into the bed.

"What are you doing? No, Opal no."

"Stop. It's fine. Shh." I snuggle up against his back. I hear him sigh out a little annoyed.

"It's two in the morning, Opal." He deadpans.

"I'm scared." I tell him. His demeanor changes at my tone of voice.

"Scared of what?" He asks.

"The future. My future." I tell him and all I'm thinking about is the baby.

"Whatever problems we face, we face together. Simple." He says.

I look up at him, tears in my eyes.

"You promise?" I ask.

Sawyer pulls me to his chest,

"I promise. Now shut up and go to sleep." He yawns as he pulls me as close as possible. His warmth makes me believe every word.

I hear Sawyers breathing getting heavier and I know he's in deep sleep when his arm around me goes limp. I turn to face him and I trace my finger over his visible tattoos.

He doesn't move.

"I'm pregnant." I whisper as lowly as possible. He snores a little and I know he isn't going to wake up anytime soon.

I sigh out.

I told him. Sort of.

The next morning everyone is already down in the kitchen.

"It's almost three in the afternoon. You've been sleeping that whole time?" Drew asks out loud.

I look to Avery for help.

She gives me a slight nod.

"She had a panic attack and couldn't sleep all night. Cut her some slack. She usually wakes up early." Avery argues with Drew. They're more like siblings than we could ever be.

Then again, Avery argues with everyone.

"Where is Sawyer?" I ask.

"Working. He's with Thomas at the university lab." Evan says.

I nod. I don't have to face Sawyer today. That's good.

"Are you okay?" Avery asks when no one is paying attention.

"I think so." I tell her and she nods.

"How's your face Drew?" I change the subject.

"Bruised and scratched." He turns to me and I can see his cuts.

"Sawyer put numbing medicine so I don't feel a thing." He smiles and I nod.

"Can I talk to you in private, Opal?" Evan cuts in, his voice stern that even Drew goes slightly pale.

I turn to Avery, and glare at her. She told, she told him. That's it I'm done for. But when Avery gives me an "I don't know" look I calm slightly.

"Yes." I tell him.

"Meet in my office in thirty minutes." He says and he cleans his breakfast plate and heads out.

As soon as Evan leaves Avery and Drew both look at me.

"Oooo, what the hell did you do?" Drew asks and I shrug.

"I don't know. I'm scared." I turn to Avery, "Did you tell him anything?" I question.

"No, I would never." She reassures me and I sit down and slowly eat my breakfast.

"Then I have absolutely no idea what if could be." I tell them.

"Scream if you need help." Drew says and he leaves. "I'm headed to class." He signed up for online college course classes.

"I scheduled you a..." Avery mouths the word 'doctors appointment' and I nod.

"For when?" I ask.

"Two weeks." She close her hands. "I think I'm way more excited than you." She says and I nod.

"I'm terrified." I tell her and she perks up,

"Well I'm going shopping." She wiggles her eyebrows.

I know she's going to buy baby stuff.

"Be careful and don't get caught. Please." I tell her. I'm starting to rethink the whole telling her part.

"I won't. Have a little faith in me." She rolls her eyes.

Thirty minutes pass and I slowly walk into Evans office.

"Take a seat." He says and I do just that.

I slowly sit and Evan looks at me.

"It's almost Sawyers birthday. What should we get him?" Evan questions. I burst out laughing,

"Why did you make this such a serious thing? I thought I was in trouble." I hold my chest.

"It is a serious thing." He shrugs as he straightens our loose papers.

"I'm not sure what you should get him."

"Out of everyone I thought you would know." He eyes me.

"I'm not very good at gift giving. What about a photo album of all of us?" I question and he scrunches his nose.

"Never mind." I mutter.

"A new mug? A new coffee machine?" I question.

"Okay, I'll give you time to think about it." He says and I slump into the seat.

"The real reason I called you here. You two time jumped." He says and my heart sinks and I'm unable to swallow.

"What?" I squeak. I'm not sure if time jumping is a secret toward Evan. Sawyer didn't tell me to keep my mouth shut.

"Ive been keeping a close eye on the government and they've noticed spikes of unnatural energies. Close to where we live." Evan intertwines his fingers.

"What are you two doing in here?" Sawyer walks in with a button up suit. Why is he dressed all fancy?

Evan eyes me, telling me to keep my mouth shut.

"Better not be questioning her, brother." Sawyer leans forward on the desk. It's intimidating to watch. Evan seems unfazed by his brothers tactics. "If you want answers just ask me." Sawyer lowly says.

"We're done here." Evan gets up and walks out, leaving us behind.

"Was he bothering you?" Sawyer turns to me.

"No." I shake my head. Sawyer raises an eyebrow.

"Don't lie to me." He says and I shrug.

"He wasn't. I'm hungry." I tell him and I get up to get away from him but he holds me back by the arm.

"If I find out you're hiding something."

"What if I am?" I question.

He stands up straighter caught off guard by my response.

"I'll find out eventually." He says and my mind races back to me confessing my pregnancy. He knows, he's eluding to something.

I'm just over thinking.

"Sloppy Joe's will be ready in thirty." Sawyer kisses my lips then my forehead and leaves me lone.

My heart raves at the thought of him knowing. Especially with the way he's acting.

What have I gotten myself into.

———————————————————————
Double update!
Ahhh hope you love it!
Don't forget to comment and vote! 😊💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405 100 14
"How could something this innocent, become this dark... "
886K 5.5K 102
This book contains my favorite collection of novels.
18.2K 1K 65
He's the nightmare, but she's his fantasy.
69.1K 1.5K 60
[18+] READ TO FIND OUT!