More Than Friends: Lucain - C...

By exriakisses

Lucy Hale was in an abusive relationship that Ian Harding helped her out of. However, Lucy's angry and abusiv... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirteen

2.5K 68 7
By exriakisses

Lucy's POV

Ian was pacing around the living room, now wearing a pair of pyjama pants and I was still dressed only in my underwear and Ian's shirt as Ian, Troian and I were waiting for Ashley and Shay to arrive. Troian and I were sitting on the couch, both with mugs of coffee clasped in our hands. 

"How did Adam even know you knew that he'd been abusing Lucy?" Ian asked, aimed at Troian.

"I don't know. There were pictures taken of all of us at the beach, he might've assumed she told." Troian stammered, clearly still getting her head around her answer.

The doorbell rang after about five minutes of Ian pacing, Troian staring at the black screen of the tv and my hands shaking, causing the coffee inside the cup to occasionally spill. 

Ian rushed to the door and unlocked it to let Shay and Ashley in. Although both girls were still suffering a severe hangover, they both seemed like their usual selves, just a little more worried.

"What the hell happened to your back?" Ashley asked Ian.

"That's not important." I exclaimed, trying to change the subject.

"Kinky." Shay giggled.

"Shut up." I laughed back. 

I looked over to Ian, who was now blushing slightly, and bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. Ian let his lips curl into a smile as he walked over and sat down next to me. I put my coffee on the table and Ian took both of my hands in his own.

"Okay, so what's going on with Adam? All I could understand from your phone call was: Adam, Lucy, threatened and danger." Shay questioned.

"Adam grabbed me in the streets and told me to tell Lucy that he wasn't done with her, then he left." Troian explained.

"Seriously? God, he needs to let her get on with her life! She's just got it back on track and he's trying to ruin it again? He is such an asshole!" Ashley shouted, not aiming her words at anyone.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Ian agreed.

 "So... What are we going to do?" Shay cooed.

"There's nothing you can do." I said as I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"There has to be." Ian argued back.

"No, there's not. Not without any of you getting hurt. Adam will hurt you if you try to help me. I tried to run once but he threw a goddamn knife at me." I explained.

"Wait, he what? When?" Ashley yelled.

"He threw a knife at me the night before you all found out what he was doing but it missed.

Ashley, Shay and Troian just stared at me with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"I drive you to set every morning so he won't be able to get near you on your way." Ian broke the silence.

"Right, and Marlene knows what he did so she won't let him on set." Troian added.

"And we can check your dressing room before you go in to make sure he's not hiding." Ashley added.

"How would he even get in my dressing room?" I asked, confused.

"There's a window." she answered.

"There's a locked window." I corrected her.

"He could pick the lock."

"He's not that smart." I admitted.

Everyone, except me, started laughing at my previous comment. The laughing continued for a few minutes, then it stopped, then it started again.

"Okay, stop laughing. This is serious." Ashley said as she was getting her breath back.

Ian was the second person to stop laughing, then Troian, then lastly, Shay. 

"What about the days you're working late?" Troian asked me, getting the conversation back on topic.

"I'll wait for her to finish work." Ian answered for me.

"Ian, you don't have to." I argued back.

"I don't want him getting near you.

I didn't know how to reply so I just leaned over and kissed his cheek. 

"What time do you start work tomorrow?" Ashley asked.

"Seven thirty. Same as you guys." I answered.

"Okay, so we'll be here at seven fifteen to make sure you get to work safely." Troian added.

"Or we can stay, unless you two have plans?" Shay implied.

"You can stay if you want but you'll have to share the bed in the spare room." Ian replied.

After Ian's answer, I stopped listening to their conversation. I needed to think so I decided to go to the bathroom.

"Lucy, where are you going?" Ian asked as I stood up. 

"The bathroom." I told him.

Ian nodded and I headed to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and stood with my back against the door. 

I know that Ian and my friends are only looking out for me, that they want me to be safe, and I appreciate that, but I feel useless, like I can't take care of myself. I love that they care and I am grateful for every one of them. I love having people like Ian, Ashley, Troian and Shay in my life, but I don't want either of them getting hurt by trying to protect me from Adam. 

I was brought out of my thoughts my three loud knocks on the bathroom door. The knocks made me flinch slightly.

"Lucy, babe, are you okay? You've been in there a while. We're worried about you." Ian's voice came from behind the door.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm okay." I answered hesitantly.

"You don't sound so sure. Can I please come in?"

I turned around and unlocked the door. Ian slowly pushed in open and walked in. He pulled me into his embrace and rubbed my back.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Nothing." I answered.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes as he held my shoulders gently.

"Then why do you look like you're going to cry?"

"Because I'm not okay, Ian, I'm scared." I admitted.

"I know, but I'm not going to let Adam hurt you again." Ian cooed.

"And that's why I'm scared. You and the girls might get hurt trying to keep me safe and the thought of you getting hurt, it scares me." I mewled, my voice cracking as the tears started to fall from my eyes.

Ian pulled me back into his strong arms and held me. I wrapped both of my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat calmed me.

"As long as you're safe, I don't care if I get hurt." he whispered in my ear.

"But I care." I whimpered.

Ian didn't reply, he just held me tighter. We stood there for a few minutes before Ian pulled away.

"Are you okay with the girls staying here?" he asked.

"Yeah." I answered honestly.

Ian raised his hands to my cheeks, leaned over and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him and we left the bathroom. Troian, Ashley and Shay already had a movie on and popcorn made. 

"What are we watching?" I asked as Ian and I sat down, our fingers intertwined.

"Mean Girls." Ashley replied.

"So fetch." I imitated Gretchen Wieners.

"Do we need to watch this? It' not really my thing." Ian asked.

"Boo, you whore." Troian imitated Regina George.

"Okay, okay, I'll watch it." Ian gave in.

"You go, Glenn Coco." Shay shouted.

"What?" Ian asked.

"It's from the movie." Shay explained as she rolled her eyes.

Ian nodded then reached over for popcorn. I opened my mouth and Ian fed me the popcorn as we all watched the movie.

By the time the movie ended I was lying half asleep in Ian's arms.

"Tired?" Ian asked me.

"Yeah." I mumbled, keeping my eyes closed.

"Put her to bed." Troian suggested.

"Please." I added.

Ian stood up and I wrapped both my arms around his neck as he carried me to the bedroom. He lay me down on the bed then pulled the comforter over my body. 

"I love you." I said wholeheartedly.

"I love you, too." Ian replied before kissing my cheek.

Ian started to walk to the bedroom door.

"Stay with me?" I asked Ian as he was leaving the room.

"Of course." he replied.

I smiled to myself as Ian climbed into the bed and lay down. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 436 12
Spencer has an abusive girlfriend
32.9K 1.1K 50
Lucy and Ian have known each other for years being best friends But when Lucy's world begins to break apart ,and the only person she trusts...
621 41 7
"I don't love you!" "Oh Ian, you know you love me. You always love me." TW: very toxic abusive manipulative relationship;)
15.3K 225 20
Lucy Solomons, the wife of John Shelby and mother to his daughter - The girl who thought she had it all. But maybe that wasn't the case.