Chapter Twenty Three

Lucy's POV

I'm now four and a half months pregnant and today is the day that Ian and I find out the genders of our babies. 

It's eleven in the morning and our sonogram appointment is at twelve thirty this afternoon. Ian is currently taking a shower. I've already showered this morning and I've just finished drying my hair. 

I waked over to the dresser to find something to wear today. The first things I pick out are a bra and matching underwear. I get out of my towel and put them on then continue looking for clothes. I choose a simple pair of black leggings and a white flowy shirt.

I had just finished getting my leggings on when Ian opened the bathroom door. He had his towel wrapped around his waist and his hair was still wet. 

Before I had the chance to put my shirt on, Ian wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his hands on the baby bump. I smiled and moved my head so I was looking at him.

"You look beautiful." Ian whispered.

"I'm not even ready yet." I pointed out.

"You don't need to be," he started. "You're always beautiful."

Ian's compliment made me blush and he chuckled quietly. Ian kissed my temple and I smiled to myself.

"I'm going to get dressed now, love." Ian informed me.

"Alright, babe." I replied.

Ian kissed my temple again then let go of me. I watched him as he walked over to his dresser before I put my shirt on. 

The shirt covered my baby bump a little but it was still very noticeable. I didn't really care that people could see the baby bump now anyway because everyone already knows that I'm pregnant with Ian's twins. 

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and smiled at the noticeable baby bump. I put both of my hands on it and sighed happily.

Ian walked up behind me, now fully dressed in a simple pair of jeans and a checked shirt. He wrapped his arms around my waist again and put both of his hands on the baby bump. 

"Are we ready to find out the genders of our babies?" Ian asked with a smile on his face.

"Just let me get my shoes on." I replied.

"Alright, love." Ian said. 

Ian kissed my cheek before unwrapping his arms from around my waist. Once Ian had let go of me, I quickly put on a pair of black ankle boots. I rushed back to Ian and took his hand.

"Are you ready now?" He smiled at me.

"Ready." I confirmed.

With that, Ian and I left. I waited next to him as he locked the front door. He put the key in his back pocket then took my hand again. Ian led me to the car and opened the passenger side door for me.

"Thank you, Shmian." I said as I got in the car.

"No need to thank me, Goose." He replied before shutting the door

I put my seat belt on as Ian got into the driver seat. I smiled at me before he started driving. As Ian drove, I took the seat belt off and moved closer to him, resting my head in his shoulder.

"You make me feel safe." I said quietly.

"I'm very happy to hear that." Ian spoke softly.