Chapter Eighteen

Ian's POV

I was out buying decaf coffee for Lucy. She loves coffee but as she's pregnant, she can't have caffeine because it's not good for the baby, so I thought it would be best to buy her decaf. I also bought some things for breakfast.

When I returned to the apartment, Lucy was still sleeping. She was hugging my pillow. I decided to take a picture of the beautiful sight. I captioned it as 'This is what a day off work looks like. I love my sleeping beauty.' I tagged Lucy in the picture then posted it on Instagram and shared it to Twitter.

After doing that, I went to make Lucy decaf coffee before waking her up, seeing as its already one in the afternoon and our ultrasound appointment is at two thirty. I sat her coffee on the bedside table then sat down next to her on the bed and started shaking her gently to wake her up.

"Lucy, babe you'll have to wake up now." I said soothingly as I rubbed her back.

"Why?" she mumbled into my pillow.

"Because our appointment is in an hour and a half." I informed her.

Lucy quickly sat up and rubbed her eyes then grabbed my pillow and held it close to her stomach.

"I made you coffee." I said as I nodded toward the cup.

"Ian, I can't drink coffee. Caffeine isn't good for the baby." she replied.

"I know, that's why I went out and bought you decaf." I told her.

"I love you, Shmian."

"I love you too, Goose."

She reached over for her coffee and took a big sip.

"Why are you hugging my pillow?" I asked her.

"Because you weren't here and it smells like you." he answered.

"I'm here now."

Lucy put the coffee back down on the bedside table. She moved closer to me and wrapped both of her arms around me.

"Better?" she asked.

"A lot better." I replied.

She lay there with her head resting on my shoulder with her eyes closed and a smile across her face for about five minutes before jumping up and running to the bathroom. I followed her and knelt down beside her and held her hair back as she threw up in the toilet.

"Are you finished?" I asked her with a soothing voice.

She nodded slowly as I rubbed small circles on her back.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think so." she answered.

Lucy slowly stood up and walked over to the sink. She picked up her toothbrush and toothpaste then thoroughly brushed her teeth. After she brushed her teeth she rinsed her mouth with mouthwash.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I asked her.

"No thank you, I'm not hungry, and I'd probably throw it up anyway because of the morning sickness." she answered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. What time is it?"

I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

"It's one forty five." I told her.

"How long is the drive to the clinic?"

"Between fifteen minutes to half an hour depending on the traffic."