Chapter Four

Ian's POV 

After seeing what Adam had done to Lucy, how he cheated on her then abused her made me fear for her. It made me wonder how someone can treat someone so kind, innocent and as perfect as Lucy with so much hatred. I honestly thought I was going to punch Adam when I saw him in the parking lot waiting for Lucy. He doesn't deserve her. 

"Thank you." Lucy said to me as I let her in my apartment.

"What for?" I asked.

"Everything. Helping me get away from there. Helping me get away from him.

"You don't need to thank me. You're my friend and I don't want to see you getting hurt." I replied.

She smiled at me as she sat down on the couch and turned the TV on. She flicked through the music channels looking for a song she liked. She changed the channel abut twenty times before she found a song she liked. Taylor Swift's song 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' came on and she jumped up and started dancing. Lucy jumping up and dancing surprised me because the bruises on her ribs, I thought it would cause her pain to move. She danced over to me and grabbed my hands, trying to make me dance as well. To be honest, Lucy looked really silly dancing to the song but that's one the the things that made me fall for her, the fact that she doesn't care how silly or weird she looks. 

"I'm not dancing." I laughed.

"Come on, I've seen you dancing before." she giggled as she pulled my hands more.

"Fine." I said, eventually giving in to Lucy's request.

We both danced to the song and sang the lyrics until it finished and we plopped down onto the couch to get our breath back. Lucy started laughing then stood back up.

"Is there anything to drink?" she asked me.

"Help yourself." I replied.

Lucy walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. She sat back down and I realized what she had in her had. A bottle of Vodka. She opened the bottle and drank a mouthful of it. She made a funny face and coughed after she swallowed it. Lucy is seriously so beautiful but the ability she has to contort her face truly amazes me.

"Nope. Too early for this." she said as she walked back over to the fridge.

I laughed as she swapped the vodka for a can of diet coke. She sat back down and started flicking through the channels again.

"I thought Shay stole your fridge?" she asked giggling.

"I bought a new one.

She giggled again then sipped on the can of coke. She turned the TV off and walked over to my CD collection. I liked any genre of music, really. Country, pop, R&B, acoustic, I would listen to them. She carefully looked through them saying the names of the albums as she flicked through them.

"Taylor Swift.
Taylor Swift, Fearless.
Taylor Swift, Speak Now.
Taylor Swift, Red.
Taylor, Swift, 1989.
Eminem, Curtain Call.
Lil Wayne, No Ceilings.
Lil Wayne, Sorry 4 The Wait.
Lil Wayne, I Am Not A Human Being.
Lil Wayne, I Am Not A Human Being 2.
Ed Sheeran, Plus.
Ed Sheeran, Multiply.
Lucy Hale, Road Between."

She pulled out her album and looked at me in adoration.

"You have my album?" she asked with confusion in her eyes.