Chapter Fourteen

Ian's POV

Lucy and I were woken up by Ashley screaming. Lucy rubbed her eyes then clambered out of the bed. She trudged to the door and opened it.

"What the hell are you screaming at?" she shouted her question to Ashley.

"There's a freakin spider in living room." Ashley called back.

"Don't kill it!" Lucy yelled.

"I won't, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere near it!"

I got out of bed and walked into the living room.

"I'll get it. Where is it?" I asked Ashley.

Ashley pointed to the spider on the wall. I walked over to the spider and gently scooped it into my hands. 

"Can you get the window?" I asked Lucy who was now in the living room, standing next to Ashley.

She paced over to the window, staying as far away from the spider as possible, and slid it open. 

"Do you want to see it?" I teased her.

"God, no." she shouted, her hands shaking.

"Come on.

She shook her head quickly then jogged back over to Ashley. I laughed to myself then carefully placed the little spider on the outside window ledge. I watched the spider scurry away then closed the window again.

"How can you do that?" Ashley questioned.

"Do what?" I responded.

"Touch spiders?"

"I just can."

"They're petrifying!" Lucy joined in.

"No they're not." I argued.

"Yes they are. Now can you stop talking about them? Even thinking of them creeps me out." Shay's voice shrieked from behind us.

"Where's Troian?" Lucy asked her.

"Coffee run and she's bringing herself, Ashley and me a change of clothes." Shay answered.

"What time is it?

"Six forty five."

"I'm going to go get changed." Lucy informed.

She ran into the bedroom and closed the door behind her.

"Why aren't you getting changed?" Shay asked me.

"I'll wait until Lucy's changed then I'll get changed."

I paced over to the couch and sat down. I picked up my phone from the coffee table where I had left it last night, and unlocked it. I smiled at my wallpaper, a photo of Lucy and I, she had her eyes closed and was smiling as I kissed her cheek.

"What ya smiling at?" Shay asked in a nosy voice from beside me on the couch.

I didn't even notice her sitting down until she spoke.

"A picture." I answered.

"Let me see." she demanded.

I showed her my phone's wallpaper and she smiled at it.

"You really love her, don't you?"

"I do." I replied, my smile taking over my face.