Chapter Thirty Two

Ian's POV

Lucy and I had only been engaged for five months and we had already pretty much finished the wedding planning.

Lucy already has her dress, I've not seen it of course, but I already know she's going to look beautiful in it.

I have picked my best man, Keegan, since he's pretty much family to Lucy and I.

Lucy had picked her bridesmaids and her sister is going to be her maid of honour.

She and I had already picked a date, and the venue, the caterers, the cake, the flowers, pretty much everything.

The only thing we haven't decided is what song we were going to have our first dance to.

We've been sitting on the couch discussing it for over an hour.

"What about one of your songs?" I suggested.

"Ian, I don't want to dance to one of my own songs at our wedding." She replied as she shook her head.

Lucy picked up her coffee and took a sip.

"Hm... what about that Westlife song that we like?"

"You mean 'You Raise Me Up'?" I asked.

"Mhm." Lucy nodded. "It's a good song."

"Yeah, it is, but it's a bit cheesy."

"Yeah, true." She agreed.

"What about 'From This Moment On' by Shania Twain?" I asked her.

"Oh, I really love that song, it's one of my favourites." Lucy replied with a big smile across her face.

"I know, that's why I suggested it."

Lucy slouched back on the couch and sighed.

"We're never going to pick a song, are we?" She asked me.

"What makes you say that?" I responded.

"We can't find a song that we both really love." She replied.

I sat back on the couch and wrapped my arms around her.

"Oh my god, Ian, I think I've got it." Lucy said excitedly.

"Our wedding song? What is it?" I questioned.

"'Can't Help Falling In Love' by Elvis Presley." Lucy answered with a smile.

"I love that song."

"I know, I love it too." She said.

"That's the perfect song for us to dance to at our wedding." I said with a big smile.

She just smiled at me and placed a soft kiss against my lips.

"I love you, Shmian." She spoke quietly, almost in a whisper.

"I love you too, Goose." I responded, kissing her again.

Just after Lucy and I had started kissing, we heard the twins crying from the baby monitor.

"Okay, I know they're only eight months old, but I swear those kids know when we're trying to be intimate." Lucy said after we pulled away from our kiss.

I chuckled and kissed Lucy's forehead.

"They're probably hungry." I said as I stood up off of the couch. "How about I go get get them ready and you can prepare their food?"