Chapter Thirteen

Lucy's POV

Ian was pacing around the living room, now wearing a pair of pyjama pants and I was still dressed only in my underwear and Ian's shirt as Ian, Troian and I were waiting for Ashley and Shay to arrive. Troian and I were sitting on the couch, both with mugs of coffee clasped in our hands. 

"How did Adam even know you knew that he'd been abusing Lucy?" Ian asked, aimed at Troian.

"I don't know. There were pictures taken of all of us at the beach, he might've assumed she told." Troian stammered, clearly still getting her head around her answer.

The doorbell rang after about five minutes of Ian pacing, Troian staring at the black screen of the tv and my hands shaking, causing the coffee inside the cup to occasionally spill. 

Ian rushed to the door and unlocked it to let Shay and Ashley in. Although both girls were still suffering a severe hangover, they both seemed like their usual selves, just a little more worried.

"What the hell happened to your back?" Ashley asked Ian.

"That's not important." I exclaimed, trying to change the subject.

"Kinky." Shay giggled.

"Shut up." I laughed back. 

I looked over to Ian, who was now blushing slightly, and bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. Ian let his lips curl into a smile as he walked over and sat down next to me. I put my coffee on the table and Ian took both of my hands in his own.

"Okay, so what's going on with Adam? All I could understand from your phone call was: Adam, Lucy, threatened and danger." Shay questioned.

"Adam grabbed me in the streets and told me to tell Lucy that he wasn't done with her, then he left." Troian explained.

"Seriously? God, he needs to let her get on with her life! She's just got it back on track and he's trying to ruin it again? He is such an asshole!" Ashley shouted, not aiming her words at anyone.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Ian agreed.

 "So... What are we going to do?" Shay cooed.

"There's nothing you can do." I said as I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"There has to be." Ian argued back.

"No, there's not. Not without any of you getting hurt. Adam will hurt you if you try to help me. I tried to run once but he threw a goddamn knife at me." I explained.

"Wait, he what? When?" Ashley yelled.

"He threw a knife at me the night before you all found out what he was doing but it missed.

Ashley, Shay and Troian just stared at me with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"I drive you to set every morning so he won't be able to get near you on your way." Ian broke the silence.

"Right, and Marlene knows what he did so she won't let him on set." Troian added.

"And we can check your dressing room before you go in to make sure he's not hiding." Ashley added.

"How would he even get in my dressing room?" I asked, confused.

"There's a window." she answered.

"There's a locked window." I corrected her.

"He could pick the lock."

"He's not that smart." I admitted.