Chapter Twenty Seven

Lucy's POV

After a long and painful nine hours of labor, Caitlin, the midwife informed me that I was ready to start pushing.

I looked over at Ian with worry in my eyes.

"Babe, it's okay. Squeeze my hand as tight as you can, okay?" Ian said soothingly.

I nodded and tightened my grip on Ian's hand as I started pushing.

I was screaming in pain as I was pushing the first baby out.

"The baby's crowning." The midwife informed me. "Lucy, three big pushes and the first baby will be here."

"I'm so proud of you, Lucy." Ian whispered to me as I pushed. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I managed to say before I screamed again.

My grip on Ian's hand tightened again as I pushed a second time.

"Come on, Lucy, one more big push." Caitlin said to me.

"One more push, come on, babe." Ian encouraged me as he kissed my forehead.

I took a deep breath before I pushed one more time, screaming and squeezing Ian's hand again.

The cry of Ian's and my first born child filled the room.

"It's a boy." Caitlin's informed Ian and I as she held him up and showed him to us.

I smiled and cried tears of joy the second I laid my eyes on my newborn son.

"Ian, he's perfect." I said in awe as I stared at my first born child.

"Yes he is." Ian agreed as he placed a soft loving kiss on my lips.

"Ian, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" Caitlin asked Ian.

Ian nodded and walked over to her.

"Will it hurt Lucy or the baby?" He asked her.

"No, it won't hurt either of them." Caitlin informed him.

I watched as Ian clamped and cut the umbilical cord. He stared at our son for a few seconds before wiping tears away from his eyes.

"Lucy, he's so beautiful." Ian said as he walked over to me. "I'm so proud of you."

He kissed me gently and took my hand again.

"You need to start pushing again, Lucy." Caitlin instructed me.

I nodded fast before gripping Ian's hand tighter as I started pushing.

Not long after, the cry of our second child filled the hospital room.

"It's a girl." The midwife said as she held our daughter up for Ian and I to see her.

"She's perfect." I said with adoration in my voice and tears in my eyes.

"Yeah she is." Ian said as more tears formed in his eyes.