Chapter Twenty Eight

Ian's POV

It's been three days since Lucy gave birth to Dustin and Dahlia and we were now allowed to leave the hospital with them.

The nurse had informed Lucy and I that there was a lot of press outside so we made sure that the twins were covered up because all the voices and flashing of the cameras might scare them.

Lucy and I got to the hospital doors before she stopped walking.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, going back a few steps to where she was.

"I don't want to flaunt the twins to the press." She told me as she look from Dahlia, who in her arms, to Dustin, who was in mine.

"Do you want me to go out and bring their car seats in? We can put them in their car seats and cover them with their blankets." I offered.

"You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course I wouldn't." I said. "Can you hold Dustin until I get back?"

"I'd be more than happy to." Lucy answered with a big smile on her face.

I handed Dustin to her carefully and she sat down with both of our babies cradled in her arms.

"I'll be right back." I said to Lucy.

She nodded and I headed out of the hospital. I walked to the car and got both of the car seats out of the back before going back inside.

Lucy and put the twins in their car seats and covered them with their blankets before leaving the hospital with them.

As we walked to the car, paparazzi followed us, yelling questions and demands at Lucy and I.

"What are their names?"
"Let us get a picture of them!"
"Is two at a time hard to handle?"
"Are you two getting married soon?"
"Is the sex going to stop?"
"Do you want more kids?"
"Show us the babies!"
"Are you happy that you had kids?"

I could tell by the expression on Lucy's face that she was really uncomfortable.

"Yes, we're very happy. Please back off a little, we're trying to get our babies home and we would really appreciate some privacy just now, thank you." I said to the press, trying not to sound rude.

After I said that, there was less questions asked but the flashing cameras didn't stop.

Lucy and I ignored the flashing lights as we put our babies in the car.

Once we made sure that the twins were safely secured in the back seat, Lucy and I got in the front seat and put our seat belts on before I started the car.

"I can't believe this is happening." Lucy said with a smile as she put her seatbelt on.

"You can't believe what's happening?" I asked her.

"We have twin babies. We're taking them home right now. It all feels like a dream." She answered, her smile now bigger.

As soon as Lucy said that, I couldn't help but smile too.

"Well if it is a dream I don't ever want to wake up." I said as I took one of Lucy's hands.