Chapter Twenty Nine

Lucy's POV

It's been three months since Dustin and Dahlia were born. They may be twins but the last three months have taught Ian and I that they have completely different personalities.

Dahlia is quiet. She doesn't really cry much unless she's hungry or needs her diaper changed. She also seems to love it when people hold her, there's not a person who's met her that she doesn't like. Dahlia sleeps and naps when she's supposed to but doesn't fall asleep unless me or Ian is holding her and singing quietly to her.

Dustin on the other hand cries a lot. When he needs fed, when he needs his diaper changed and he cries when Ian and I bathe him. Dustin also doesn't seem to like people very much. He's comfortable around Ian and I but when someone else holds him or tries to pick him up, he screams as loud as he can. Dustin also sleeps when he's supposed to but he can fall asleep anywhere, in his crib, in his swing, when he's being held. He's fell asleep on the couch a few times and he likes to fall asleep next to the dogs.

The one thing they do have in common is that they find pretty much everything funny.

Ian and I are extremely exhausted but we're both really happy.

Ian isn't home just now, he left about an hour and a half ago help Keegan with something.

I had just put Dustin down for his nap, he fell asleep cuddled next to the dogs again, and I was gently rocking Dahlia to get her to sleep.

Ian had returned home and Dahlia still wasn't asleep. I didn't hear Ian get home but I felt his arms gently wrap around my waist from behind.

"Is she not falling asleep?" Ian asked me in a quiet voice.

"No and I've been rocking her for at least half an hour." I answered.

"Sing to her. She likes hearing you sing." Ian suggested.

I smiled as I started singing to Dahlia soothingly and she fell asleep almost instantly.

"Told you." Ian said.

I carefully laid Dahlia down in her crib and turned to face Ian. He put both of his hands on my waist and gently pulled me closer to him.

"You look exhausted." He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I am exhausted." I told him.

"Do you want to take a nap, too, honey?" He asked me.

"What if the twins wake up?"

"I can handle them on my own." Ian responded.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Lucy, I'm sure. You need to get some sleep." He replied.

"Okay, thank you, Shmian." I said to him.

"You're welcome, now go get some sleep, I'm taking you out tonight." Ian responded.

"You're taking me out tonight? Where are we going? How long will we be out? Who's going to look after the babies?" I questioned him.

"Yes, I'm taking you out tonight. I'm not telling you where we're going because it's surprise. I've booked a hotel room but if you want to come home instead, we can and Shay is coming over to watch them." Ian answered all of my questions.

"Well, Dahlia loves Shay so that's good." I commented.

"And I'm sure Dustin just needs to spend more time with her." Ian added.

"Yeah, he will, Shay's great with babies." I agreed.

"She is, now go take a nap." Ian instructed me.

"Okay okay, I'm going." I replied.

I walked over to the door but stopped before I left the room.

"I forgot something." I said as I turned back to face Ian.

"What did you forget?" Ian asked, looking confused as I walked back to him.

I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and pressed my lips against his. I felt Ian's arms wrap around my waist as he kissed me back.

We kissed passionately for a few minutes before Ian picked me up and carried me to our bedroom, still not breaking the kiss.

Ian slowly pulled away and gently laid me down on the bed before he kissed me again.

Ian and I kissing soon turned into Ian and I making out and we started removing each other's clothes.

I took his shirt and his jeans off of him and he removed my shorts and shirt from me.

Ian had just unclipped my bra and started taking it off me when Dustin started crying from the twins bedroom.

"Every time." I whispered as Ian slowly pulled away from the kiss.

Ever since we brought the twins home, whenever Ian and I would try to do something intimate, one of them would start crying from the other room.

"We can continue this tonight." Ian said quietly as he kissed me once more.

I nodded as Ian stood up and pulled his jeans back on.

"Try to sleep just now." He said as he tossed his shirt to me.

"Guess we won't be getting much sleep tonight then, huh?" I implied as I put Ian's shirt on.

I saw a smirk spread across his face as soon as I said it.

"You know I love you, right?" He responded.

"I love you, too, Shmian." I replied as I laid down in bed, pulling the comforter over me to keep me warm.

Just a few moments later I felt Ian's soft lips on the back of my neck.

"I can't wait to show you how much I love you tonight." Ian whispered seductively into my ear before nibbling my earlobe gently.

I moaned slightly at the feeling of Ian's breath against my skin as it sent shivers down my spine.

Ian kissed my neck a couple more times before he got back off of the bed.

"Okay, now I'm going to get Dustin." He informed me. "You're going to relax, you're going to sleep and I'll wake you up when you have to start getting ready."

I nodded in agreement as I yawned, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"Sleep well, my darling. I love you." Ian said as he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, too, Shmian." I replied as I let my eyelids fall shut.

Ian left our bedroom and it didn't take long before I fell into a peaceful sleep with a big smile across my face.

________________________________________________

Here's the next chapter. I'm sorry it's so late, as I've said before I've been pretty busy. Thank you all for being patient and continuing to read, comment and vote, it means a lot.
As usual, please leave comments of what you think about this chapter because I love reading feedback from you guys.
- Chloe.