My Precious Sapphire

By Swan_Althea

Xavier De Luca is a part of the popular group in his school. He is a skilled football player and is very good... More

Welcome
CAST AND AESTHETICS
Cast Intro and Background
Chapter 1- New Day New City
Chapter 2 - Surprising Them
Chapter 3- Makeovers and Sleepovers
Chapter 4- First Day
Chapter 5 - Meeting The Boys
Chapter 6- Extrañándola
Chapter 7- Truth
Chapter 8 - Talking
Chapter 9 - Meeting them
Chapter 10 - Family
Author's Note
Chapter 11 - Moving
Chapter 12 - Recuerdos
Chapter 13 - Grandparents
Chapter 14- Grandparents Part-2
Chapter 15 - Mall
Chapter 16- Caught
Chapter 17- Date
Chapter 18- Pasada
Chapter 19- Nightmare
Chapter 20 - School
Chapter-21 Telling Them
Author's Note
Chapter 22- Confused
Chapter 23- Confessing Part 1
Chapter 24 - Confesión parte 2
Chapter 25- Carnival
Chapter 26 - Jealous
Chapter 27 - Fun
Thank You Guys
Chapter 28 - Bonding
Chapter 29 - Football
Chapter 30 - Tranquila antes de la tormenta
Chapter 31 - Twins
Important Announcement
Chapter 33 - Girl's Day
Chapter 34 - Past
Very important Author's Note
Chapter 35- Storm
Chapter 36- Cumpleaños de Xavier
Chapter 37- Cafe
Chapter 38 - New Students
Chapter 39 - Meeting
Chapter 40 - You
Chapter 41 - Details
Chapter - 42 Cumpleaños de Aria
Chapter 43 - Aria's Birthday
Chapter 44 - Surpriseeeeeee

Chapter 32 - Dinner

256 16 4
By Swan_Althea

***TRIGGER WARNING - MENTION OF ABUSE  ***

We all were now sitting at the dining table, Mom and Angela were in the kitchen bringing out various dishes one by one, Cole was playing with Tina who kept giggling, Dad and Gio were talking. About Gio, he had brunette hair like me, tattoos covered all his visible body parts, I saw Angela written on his arm with a beautiful font and Valentina on the upper left corner of the chest right above where his heart is, his height would have been around 6'5, his eyes the same brown color as Mom's and he looked really fit.

Angela looks-wise seemed very cunning and beautiful but in reality, if you got to know her she was so sweet and talkative, I know I only had spent an hour with her but I knew we would have a strong bond, she has dark brown hair and stormy grey eyes just like Xavier. I noticed that she had a tattoo of an angel on her wrist with a rainbow just above it and the same goes for Gio's wrist. They both had matching tattoos, aww that's so cute

Let's talk about Alexis, she has dark brown hair just like mom and Sapphire eyes like me, dad, and Cole. I saw that she has some tattoos but those were nothing compared to the number of tattoos Giovanni has. She had a sharp jawline and she was around 6'2, she was taller than Hazel and was 2 inches shorter than Cole, next what I noticed were her ears, she had a double piercing, she wore 1 earring which was connecting in both the piercings, it had 2 small hoops both were connected with chains. They looked so cool.

Alexis's Earring 👆

After 5 mins, everyone was sitting at the table. We all had helped ourselves with some food and were silently eating until Gio spoke "So Sapphire, how was school today ? " and I froze. I was already worried about how I will tell mom and dad but now I have to tell Mom, dad, Gio, Alexis, and Angela.

"Let's talk about this after dinner. " Cole said changing the topic and diverting his attention towards the heap of mashed potatoes on his plate. Everyone nodded and went back to eating. I also-fucking-luetly loved butter chicken. After 10 mins everyone was done with their food and Dad, Cole, and Gio were winding the kitchen up and the rest of us were sitting in the living room.

"So, does my little sister have a boyfriend ?" Alexis says and I quickly turn my face to the other side like I didn't hear what she had said "Oh she is blushing ." I hear Angela say

"I don't have a boyfriend," I say all flustered. "That means you do have a boy in your life," Alexis says like she has achieved something.

"Who's this boy? We wanna know the name, please " Angela asks to wait more like begs me to tell both of them who he is. Since mom already knows, she is just laughing, both of them turns their face towards her and say " Do you know ? Tell us, tell us, please tell us the boy's name ." at the same time. I look at them shocked.

"It's Sapphire's choice she will tell you who the boy is ." mom says and motions to take an imaginary key locks her mouth and then throw them away. "What boy ?" I hear Gio's voice from behind me. Oh god, I have to cover up it with something, or else I am dead meat.

"What boy? which boy? there is no boy, why would there be a boy ?" I keep rambling until I hear Cole and mom snickering, I stop and put my head down. "It's Xavier ." I hear Cole whisper and my eyes widen, he snitched, I will kill him tonight when he is asleep.

"That Xavier who lives down the lane ? " asks Alexis and I see Cole nod. "Hermana, do you like him ?" asks Gio, I thought he would go all overprotective ass brother about this and not let me date him.

I slowly nod answering Gio's question, "Does he like you ?" he questions I nod again. "Does he treat my little sister as a princess she is ? " he asks in a soft tone. I nod again. Ugh, can he stop with questions already, it feels like the FBI is interrogating me. I can feel all the eyes on me.

"Then you can date him," he says and I am over the moon, as I was about to lift my head and hug him, I noticed that I didn't have my necklace one and panic came over me. I rushed upstairs with everyone shouting my name, but I didn't care I wanted to find it as soon as possible, I have had that necklace since mom and dad gave it to me, when I was an orphan and now I have lost it.

I first run into the washroom and check it thoroughly, all the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion bottles were now scattered and the whole bathroom was upside down. I then run into the room and check on my bed since I was on the bed for nearly the whole day, so the latch might have opened and fallen on my bed. I had thrown the covers of my bed, the sheets were not on anymore and the pillows were scattered around the room.

"What have you lost Sapphire ?" I hear mom asks "My necklace ." I remember that I still haven't checked my closet so I dash towards my closet and my eyes roam around the floor, but there is nothing on the floor except my bag. I was so close to breaking down, I had lost the necklace that I had since I was 1, how could I be so stupid.

I get out of the closet and look at everyone, they were all looking around my room. "Guys leave it, I lost it," I say and everyone looks at me with care. "Did you check the living and dining room ?" Cole asks to which I shake my head in a no to which Cole goes downstairs and everyone follows him. We all start looking around and no one can find it.

"Guys leave it and go to sleep, I would have lost it in school today," I say disheartened, and go to my room, get in the covers, pull my phone out, and scroll through it to divert my mind. After 15 mins or so I keep to phone down, hug my body pillow and go to sleep.

I wake up in a dull room and my hands and legs are tied with ropes, I wriggle trying to break the chain and start thrashing around. Around 5 minutes pass and I am not able to get out of the ropes, I hear a door open and look towards it. In enters, Liam with Amelia and had a rod and a knife in their hands. Why me god, I have never done anything wrong so why me?

*** "See I found your school and I found your house, now you are with me and I never let go of what's mine. " Liam says while keeping the rod on the ground. A shiver runs down my spine and I scoot back a little which Amelia notices, "You aren't going anywhere sweetie and no one is coming to save you and Liam is keeping you here and I will go to Xavier, he gets what he wants and I get what I want ." she says in a slick tone to which I whimper

"Now it's time for punishment cause you ran away ."Liam says and picks the rod up from the floor and I mumble a no, as he is walking towards me I say "Please don't ." but he decides to ignore it, what did I expect to happen? He swings the rod and hits my stomach and I let out a bloodcurdling scream since I already had 2 of my ribs broken from before. He continues to hit me on my legs and stomach to which I respond by leaving out shrill screams and begging him to stop but he never does. ***

After he was dropped at his house

I ring the bell and mom opens it. " Baby go take a warm shower and change I will make soup till then since it is cold inside," she says and I take my shoes off and run upstairs. As I take off my pants I see Sapphire's necklace dangling on the loop where the belt goes, I take it out from there and keep it on the shelf. After taking a warm shower I get out and wear grey sweatpants with a white fitted tee-shirt. I get out of my room and enter Rosalyn's room to see her cuddled up against her blanket while sleeping. I chuckle, go towards her and kiss her head.

I go downstairs and see mom making chicken noodle soup, I love it. I sit on the island table and wait for her to pass me a bowl of it. After 5 mins, I have a steaming hot bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup in front of me. Mom sits in front of me and says "So how was the match today ?"

"It was good until the vice-captain of the Blue Stars decides to charge onto Ace which made him fall and have a sprained ankle but then we won and we were all good, he has to use crutches for a week. " I reply with my mind concentrated on a strand of noodle which was not coming in my grasp. She says " Okay, I will talk to Olivia about how he is."

"Mom after the rain stops I am going to Sapphire's house to give her, her necklace she must be worried about where it went," I say looking up to her, she nods and we both go back to eating silently. After 10 mins I had already had 1 and a half bowls of the soup mom made and to say I was full was an understatement.

I put my bowl in the sink and run it through water, after I was done washing it I go upstairs to my room, as I am about to sit on the bed the bell rings. I again get up and go downstairs to see Dad is back from his business trip and is hugging mom. I clear my throat which makes dad look up from mom.

He leaves the hug and says "How was your match today, I remember you were speaking to Sophia about it this morning. " I get happy at the thought he remembered. "It was good, we won but Ace got injured," I tell him and he gives a stern nod. "Where is my Princess ?" dad asks breaking the awkward tension in the room.

"Oh she is sleeping in her room, should I call her ?" I ask him "No, let her sleep, I will go to her after I freshen up . " he says and goes to his room.

TIME SKIP - 9:30 PM

I was scrolling through my phone when I remembered that I had to return Sapphire her necklace. I rush downstairs and see Mom in the kitchen heating some soup. "Mom I am going to Sapphire's house ." "Ok " she replies and I rush out of the house. As I reach her house, I thought why not surprise her so I called Cole.

"Hey Cole, I am at the door, Sapphire's necklace got stuck in my clothes so am here to return it ." I say "Thank god you found it, we had turned the whole damn house upside down, I will come and open the door ." he replies and cuts the phone. After a min or so the door opens with a Cole who had a wide grin on his face.

"I am going to Surprise her, you can go to your room," I say and we both go upstairs, he goes to his room and I knock on Sapphire's. After a few seconds, there is no response, I knock again, and no response. I open her room door to see her thrashing in her bed, tears streaming down her face and she was mumbling something, I quickly rush to her side and try waking her up but she keeps on thrashing and crying.

It broke my heart. " Cole " I shout in a worried tone and he comes rushing to the room ." She is not waking up, she keeps thrashing around, crying and mumbling stops, I can't do anything ."

He shakes her but she does the same, he calls her out and she still doesn't budge. "I will go and call Dad ." he says and goes towards the door and shouts "Dad, Sapphire she - " his voice trembling and he couldn't complete his sentence. The door again opens and in come Sapphire's mom, dad, Gio, Angela and Alexis, wait what are these three doing here, that's the last thing I wanna think about.

"Lucas (father), I came around 5 minutes ago and she was thrashing when I entered the room, I don't know from how much time she has been having a nightmare. " I say and Lucas's face morphs into one with anger and worries whereas Gio was looking confused and worried, I was guessing he didn't know about Liam.

I was about to get up from beside her so Lucas can come but she just keeps screaming which makes my heart drop to my stomach. Lucas gets on the bed and shakes her vigorously, she finally opens her eyes and looks at all of us with wide eyes. She looks around as if she is looking for someone, as she sees me, she jumps on my lap and hugs me as if her life depended on it.

"Amor, I am here, no one will hurt you, you are safe," I say but she keeps shaking and crying. After a few minutes, I hear her breath become soft. "Angel looks at me please ." and she lifts her head. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot, her nose red and her lips parched. "Cole could you get some water," I say and he brings me a glass. "Drink it " I motion towards her.

She drinks the whole glass in one go and looks at me again. "Go to sleep, we will talk in the morning ." I say and she shakes her head ."Could you stay ?" she says so only I can hear. I nod and sat her on the bed. Everyone kisses her forehead and slowly leaves the room. "You should go and wash your face till I come back. " She nods and goes towards the washroom while I go outside where everyone is standing.

"What the fuck was that nightmare about ?" Giovanni growled looking at all of us. Since nobody was saying something I decided to speak "Her Abusive Ex-Boyfriend ." in a low tone. Angela and Alexis's eyes widen and tears start to fill them while Gio is fuming with anger, Lucas and Cole had the same worried look on their face when Sapphire first told them and Summer had already left cause she wasn't able to handle all this.

"What's the name of the boy ?" Gio asks " Liam Morgan Arthur,"  I said with disgust laced in my voice. The tension between us is cut when we all hear the sound of a baby crying, Angela rushes towards the guest room and soon the cries die down. Sapphire's door opens and out she comes.

She slowly hugs Giovanni and says "Promise me you won't let me get hurt? I am already too broken, I can't take more ."Hermana, no dejaré que nadie te toque, prometo protegerte siempre y ser tu escudo. Te Quiero ." he says in Spanish which means " Sister I won't let anyone even touch you, I promise to always protect you and be your shield. I love you ." she replies with a "También te amo ." and goes back inside the room. (Love you too)

"Hey Lucas, I will stay with Sapphire tonight, so could you call dad and tell him I will spend the night here ." I ask him and he nods "Xavier, never hurt her, she believes a lot in you, don't break her trust ." Gio says and I nod "Never in my whole life will I do it ." I say and enter Sapphire's room 

She is curled up in a ball with the blanket wrapped around her and her eyes closed. I slowly take a seat on the couch and take my shoes off trying not to make a noise. But as my shoe touches the ground it produces a soft thud upon hearing it she jerks up. Relief comes upon her as she sees it's only me.

"Why are you on the couch ?" she asks me with a sweet voice, "Where else am I gonna sleep ?" I question her " Besides me on the bed ." she states nonchalantly and my eyes widen. "You want me to sleep beside you ?" I ask her and she nods. 

I agree and take my shirt off to get in the bed. As I get behind her, I wrap my arms around her warm and soft waist as she scoots closer into my chest. I chuckle and keep my head in the nape of her shoulder and she wraps her arms around mine. Slowly drifting off to sleep I knew this would have been the best sleep of my life till yet and I couldn't wait to have more of those in the future. 

Author's Note:- People we reached 1.5K reads and nearly 300 votes. I can't thank y'all enough. And Y'all need to start commenting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 4.8K 54
BOOK 3 in THE ROMANO SERIES Can be read as a standalone BUT I would advise you to read book I and 2 first to get to know and understand not only the...
48.1K 2.6K 62
Book 2 of The Color Series [This book is the sequel to Chasing Blue. It cannot be read as a stand-alone. Since this part contains spoilers, it is adv...
4K 116 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
241K 3.9K 33
one girl taken one girl left one was loved one was hated Hailey de Luca taken trained to be a deadly assassin tournamented with the fact that her fa...