The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

mangoezhoez tarafından

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... Daha Fazla

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
8. First Practice
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
19. Next Time
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
44. Thank You
45. Engawa
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
86. Athletic Festival
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
95. Kanari
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

62. Cherry Blossom Tears

1.6K 106 65
mangoezhoez tarafından

Thank y'all for 3k votes!! <3 <3 <3
___

"Good morning Shiratorizawa alumni and family..."

You zoned out the talking of the principal, lost in your own thoughts as you played with the ends of your skirt.

You sat next to Shirabu, mindlessly looking ahead as Shirabu looked at you in concern.

It's not like he wasn't sad about his seniors graduating, but he hadn't formed the deep connection you had formed with your own.

Through the past school year, Shirabu had seen the way you gradually grew closer to your seniors, more so the starters than the others.

He knew of the hostility the other seniors showed you after being announced as a starter, he knew of it but seemed to be more affected by it then you. He'd glare back at the girls glaring at you, bite back profanities at the obvious targeting you'd be subjected to, and nearly gave one a piece of his mind when her innocent prank went too far.

Yet you smiled through it all, you smiled because you were happy to simply be playing volleyball, happy to get the opportunity to play for a power house team and happy to play with your seniors.

The starters never were hostile around you. Be it because they already knew their spots as starters were secured, or because they pitied you at the beginning. Though they knew they couldn't be of much help to lessen the glares and whispers of the other girls, especially after Nakayama tried to do so and they changed their tactics to doing it in secret or away from any of their peering eyes.

So they offered you love and encouragement, which only multiplied after your grueling practices and scrimmages. They offered you the love that your other seniors were too blinded to offer you.

So they grew attached, the same way you did, and your actions only made it harder to not do so. Be it your occasional child-like tendencies, which made it obvious you were the youngest in your family, or your one-eighty change in personality when you were on court or when someone you didn't like got involved.

They grew close to the Oikawa who would stuff her cheeks full of snacks whenever she'd get caught eating where she shouldn't have, understanding where the nickname little bunny came from; and the same Oikawa who would glare and click her tongue when their opponents would hit a nasty serve or make an unnecessarily rude remark.

They grew on you as you grew on them, sharing lunch as you switched out your likes, trading your not so enjoyable vegetables for more meat with Nakayama or switching juices with Nakamoto whenever she'd get your favorite one.

You taught them tricks they hadn't thought of before as they taught you valuable lessons both inside and out of the court. They'd giggle as you stirred awake at the training camp, snapping pictures of you sleeping with your saliva pooling at the side of your face, or as you woke up with hair sticking up in multiple directions, your eyes groggy with sleep as you shamelessly scratched your boob.

Nakayama later made them delete those pictures, convincing them it was an invasion of privacy, especially since you never let anyone see you so unkept besides your family.

Though it was the same both ways.

You were there for Osaki when she twisted her ankle on your runs, both of you having been racing as she mistepped and groaned at the pain, carrying her back to campus with an arm around your shoulder. You were there when Goto dropped her favorite snack, giving her your own as you insisted you were already full. You were there for Nakamoto when she couldn't get her sets right, urging her to set in whatever way she wanted, and promising you'd hit it. You were there when Nakayama groaned in pain after a ball hit her fingers wrong in the middle of a game. Letting out a groan as you distracted the ref and called for a timeout, successfully hiding her injury as the game continued.

You constantly did small gestures which meant nothing to you, as they were the right thing to do, which only made them care for you more and more.

The starters as a whole were closer than the team as a whole, and Mori's weekly sleepovers definitely helped out with it.

The small talk you'd all partake in, talking about topics which weren't appropriate on court, making you all closer as you got to see other sides of one another, live their lives through their stories, building your trust and overall teamwork.

They weren't dumb, they knew they had to leave at the end of the year, but they didn't think much of it.

It'll just be the same process of losing members as the past three years, only that this year they were the ones leaving.

Yet with the different members, their roles as the oldest, constant team bonding and lovable teammates, they feared the pain that'd come with graduation.

Shirabu knew you feared it too, despite mindlessly looking ahead, he could tell you were scared, sad, annoyed, desperate.

He could tell from the small shaking of your pupils, the constant fidgeting with the ends of your skirt, and the deep breaths you'd take every once in a while.

He knew you were hurting, and that you were trying to keep it all in and remain calm. More so for them than for you, since you didn't want the last memory your seniors had of you to be one of you balling your eyes out with snot falling from your nose as you desperately wiped away your tears.

"Class three..."

Your breath hitched, watching as class three walked up on stage, Goto and Osaki standing next to each other as they lined up on the small stands behind the principal.

At any other time, you would've smiled as you tried to hold in your snickers at their height difference, but instead, your vision began to blur.

Your bottom lip slightly quivered, tightening your grip on your skirt as you looked at the third years go up and receive their diploma, biting down on your lip when they called Goto's name.

"Goto Utano."

She stepped out of line, walking up to the principal as she took her diploma, giving him a small bow before turning forward and smiling at the camera. She turned around, walking back to her spot as she visibly breathed out, Osaki offering her a small smile as the names continued.

"Osaki Shino."

She stepped out of line, walking up to the principal as she took her diploma, bowing before smiling up at the camera.

Their class switched out with the next class, the next class switching out with the next class as Nakamoto went up to take her diploma. She repeated the same process, taking a second longer up front as she scanned the crowds for you, once locking eyes, she smiled wider, lifting her fist as she nodded her head, turning around to walk back as you looked down at your skirt.

Shirabu not missing the tears which glistened as they fell, darkening the fabric of your skirt as they continued to call out names.

He could only softly rub your back, successfully calming you down until you began tearing up again when your captain received her diploma. Your small tears turned into full on bawling when Nakayama went up to give her speech, being one of the representatives for class 3-6.

"I'm Nakayama Mieko, and I'm dedicating this speech to my family. Both my blood family, and the family I've found doing the things I love." She had said, looking straight at you as she offered you a soft smile, your tears rolling down uncontrollably as you tried to sob as quietly as possible, not wanting to take attention off your seniors speech.

Shirabu continued to rub your back, Sasaki slowly patting your knee as you sobbed into the handkerchief in your hands.

Nakayama's speech would fade in and out, the words you'd catch only making your tears multiply.

"I've had the honor to meet some amazing people throughout my years in Shiratorizawa."

Shortly after the last members had arrived one of the third years called out to everyone to line up for the introductions, starting with the third years.

"Welcome to the Shiratorizawa girls volleyball club, I'm Nakayama Mieko. Third year middle blocker."

"I've learned from both past senpais, and even my current kouhais."

You fell with a small huff, high-fiving Nakayama as Nakamoto clicked her tongue at you two from the other side of the court.

"How'd you know she was going in for a dump, Oikawa-chan?" Nakayama asked, walking back to the bench for the short water break.

"Her footing, if you study their footing, it basically tells you everything you need to know, even if they have perfect form. Their footing is what gets it all started and depending on its changes it can affect the whole attack."

"I found a second family on the court for a sport which was basically my life for the entirety of my childhood."

"Mieko-senpai~" You cooed, leaning back as you cupped your hands around your mouth to make your words louder.

You stood back up straight, smiling proudly at Nakayama as she walked over to you with the other third years. Okada and Mieko snickering at your sides as Nakayama pushed down her blush.

"Don't make a ruckus Oikawa."

You pouted, looping your arm through Okada's as you pulled at the skin under one of your eyes, sticking your tongue out at her. "Sorry, Okaa-san."

"Don't call me that!"

"And it's thanks to those people that I am who I am today. It's thanks to those kouhais and senpais, my classmates and senseis, that I have the privilege to stand right here, right now. They've all impacted me in multiple ways, and I'll always cherish the memories we've made."

You jumped up, cranking your arm back.

You spiked the ball, cheeks puffed, landing seconds after Niiyama's libero had picked it up.

"Kanoka!"

Kanoka spiked it down, grazing Mori's hand.

"One touch!"

She called out, ball flying off the court. You ran after it, looking back to see where Nakamoto was standing.

"Nakamoto-san!" You called out, bumping it backwards towards Nakamoto before running back onto the court.

"Okada!"

Okada jumped up, rebounding it against the block.

"Chance ball!"

Goto yelled out as she bumped the ball up to Nakamoto.

"Mori!"

Mori recieved the toss, already midair, before spiking a sharp cross.

Their libero picked it up before passing it back to their setter. She made some hand signals before jumping. She turned her torso before attempting to spike it down, being stopped by Nakamoto who had jumped up and blocked it above the net.

End of second set
Shiratorizawa - Niiyama
25-19
29-27

"Nice block!"

The whistle blew, officially ending the game as cheering engulfed the entire gymnasium, the Shiratorizawa cheering section going crazy as your teammates ran up to all of you on court.

You were squished between Kaneko and Sasaki, giggling in delight as you looked up, catching sight of the third years all hugging each other.

The brave and seemingly emotionless Nakayama shed a couple tears, clutching onto Nakamoto's and Osaki's shirts as they muttered strings of "we did it", all of them moved to tears at the win.

"I stand here today, as an older sister, a daughter, a Shiratorizawa grad, a captain... and a proclaimed mother to my volleyball first years."

"Nakayama-san."
"Nakayama-senpai."
"Yamayama-san~"
Kaneko, Sasaki and you lightly bounced in your spot, looking up at Nakayama with stars in your eyes as you stood a couple feet in front of a takoyaki stand in Tokyo.

"No."

"Please~" All three of you said in unison, leaning up towards Nakayama as she scrunched her brows, looking between you three and the street vendor looking at you all in amusement.

She sighed, reaching for her wallet as she murmured. "Fine."

You all cheered, sharing a knowing look as Nakayama took out her wallet, her face dropping at your next words.

"Thanks Okaa-san~"
"Stop calling me that!"

"We all stand here now as Shiratorizawa grads, and I wouldn't be prouder than to say I am a part of this graduating class... thank you."

-

"How do I look?"

"You look fine Y/N, quit stressing." Shirabu sighed, walking outside with you as you hummed, lightly dabbing your face as you took deep breaths.

"Okay." You hummed, standing up straight as you looked at Shirabu. "I'll see you next week then Kenji. Don't miss me too much." You grinned, giving him finger guns before skipping away with a bright smile.

Shirabu scowled at you, sighing once you were out of sight, smiling to himself as he stuck his hands in his pockets, walking on to say a final goodbye to his seniors.

"Ah, Oika-chan!" Goto said, smiling at you as she waved you over with both hands.

You jogged up to them, bowing as you greeted their families, Okada and Mori walking up soon after. The third years families' excused themselves, letting you all have a moment as the third years smiled at you all.

"Well, I guess this is it." Nakamoto said, smiling coyly at you all as everyone hummed, looking down at the ground with a sad smile.

"Are any of you planning to play volleyball in the future? I know I asked before, but your opinions might've changed." She hummed, looking at Okada and Mori as they shook their heads, the third years humming as Nakamoto already knew none of them would go on to play during college.

"Well then, isn't that the more reason to make it to nationals again next year?" Nakayama hummed, crossing her arms as she smirked at Okada, Mori and you.

You nodded enthusiastically, Mori and Okada puffing out a laugh as they hummed in agreement.

"We'll come and see you at nationals next year! Since it'll be in Tokyo." Goto hummed, nudging at Osaki as she nodded.

"I'll take a trip for the weekend up to Tokyo too." Nakayama hummed, glaring at Nakamoto when she reached in to pinch your cheek. "Of course, you'll have to beat Niiyama first." She hummed, ruffling both Okada's and Mori's hair as they huffed, Nakamoto now pulling both of your cheeks as you deadpanned at her.

"Watch out for that first year though, she'll be a good spiker next year." Osaki hummed, all of you stilling as you looked up at her. Mori and Okada tilt their heads to the side, unaware of who she was speaking of as your face immediately dropped to a scowl, the third years snickered, Nakamoto letting go of your cheeks as she stepped back. "She stands no chance compared to our Oikawa though, of course."

Your seniors all snickered, one by one reaching in to hug you as it ended in one big group hug, staying that way as you enjoyed one another's warmth. A non-sweaty and stinky warmth, given that you mostly hugged out of excitement after every game.

Nakamoto stepped back first, already tearing up as she sniffled, everyone else stilling as they looked up at her. "I'll really miss this group..."

She hummed, a singular tear falling down her cheek as she caused everyone else to tear up.

"Yuri-" Nakayama tried to cut her off, sniffling her snot up as she reached out to her, cut off when Nakamoto raised her voice.

"Thank you for the past year!" She said, bowing as her shoulders shook, her tears darkening the path underneath her.

You bit your lip, trying to hold in your tears as everyone else followed. Mori averted her gaze, looking at the ground as tears began to overflow in her eyes.

Nakayama turned around completely, sobbing silently as tears stained her face. Goto brought her arm over her eyes, looking up as she continued to bite back her tears, everyone else doing a variation of it as Nakamoto stood back up.

"I'll never forget you!"

Osaki lunged at Nakamoto, gripping onto her shoulders as she sobbed. "Don't make this sad! We weren't supposed to cry!"

"Why'd you have to go crying first! You're the one supposed to be smiling." Goto huffed, glaring at Nakamoto as you all broke out in small snickers.

It was a warm, sunny day. A light breeze flowing by as it attempted to dry up your tears, all of you sharing one final smile under the cherry blossom trees, as cherry blossom petals fell around you in an almost movie-like setting.

This day which marked the end of the third years coming of age movie, was the beginning of yours. Teaching you the pain and happiness which comes with your first 'goodbye' but the excitement and optimism to look forward to the next years, knowing that there's no going back, and the only way to go, is up.

"Oikawa." You hummed, looking up at Nakamoto as you wiped your tears away. She looked at you, standing proudly with her arms at her hips as trails of un-dried tears adorned her face.  "I'll set for you again in the future. Mark my words!"

_

haaaa...
This marks the end of Oikawa's first year and the official start to the cannon world happenings.

I think I'll just jump straight into the next school year in the following chapter, but I'll see how that works out.

Thank you all for reading through Oikawa's first year, the ups and downs she experienced and growing close to the loveable third years, and lots of other OCs I loved imagining.

Just to clarify, next chapter (hopefully) everyone will be the age they were when the manga/anime started. Since I know a couple of you were confused as to how Shirabu and Y/N were in the same class yet Shirabu's a second year...

If it took you this long to notice that and clarify that, I'm sorry... for other reasons.

Thank y'all for reading!!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

195K 6K 21
*:・゚𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐧. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. ✧・゚:* After losing her sports scholarship...
626K 1K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
34.1K 1.5K 71
You often meet your fate in the road you avoid to take. Some things are destined to be, but it just takes us a couple of tries to get there and what'...
1.2M 40.4K 29
In a school like Ouran Academy, the strange and peculiar is relatively normal. (Y/N) (L/N) knew this fact the first day she walked in. On an academic...