Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger...

Galing kay ExhaustedSoul06

Everyone knows the tragedy of the novel 'Lovely Princess'. (Y/n), an average girl from modern world is sudden... Higit pa

1. A Call Back From Home
2. Daughter of Summer
3. The Season of Solitude
4. Old Wounds And Paranoid Heart
5. A Curious Calling
6. A Otherworldly Companion
7. A Mother's Love
8. A Strange Friendship
9. The String That Ties Us
10. Uninvited Farewell
11. Touch Of The Wind
12. Call Of Fate
13. An Outsider Playing Pretend
14. First Fateful Encounter
15. A Odd Familiarity
16. A Touch Of Horror
17. A Longing For The Sky
18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream
19. Clipped Wings
20. The Red Knight
21. We met again.
22. Not friends.
23. Becoming Friends
24. Finally Friends!
25. Irrational Fear
26. Broken mind
27. Ignorance Is Not A Bliss
28. Saviour
29. Reconnect
30. Future Plans
31. Trouble in paradise
32. A Bond Similar To Magic
33. Heart Made Of Ice...Or Is It?
34. Plotted Revenge
35. Willful Wish
36. Comfort In Your Touch
37. Tender Feeling
38. I Believe You
39. Unexpected Appearances
40. Changing Feelings
41. Distance between us
42. Churning Emotions
43. Master Manipulator
44. Painful Realization
45. Broken Promise
46. Two years later
48. In Love With A Fairy
49. Reunion And Reconnection
50. Finding Happiness For You
51. Last wish and Goodbye
52. Birth of Salvation
53. Change Of Plans
54. Her salvation and destruction
55. Fate or Rotten Luck?
56. Terrifying Meeting
57. Conflicted Thoughts.
58. Boat ride
59. Slow Wait
60. Punishment
61. Unresolved Bitterness
62. Little Meet Up
63. A stifling topic
64. Image of A Mother
65. Bond deeper than blood
66. Steps In Healing
67. Horrifying Reveal
68. Reminiscing Past
69. Fleeting Happiness
70. Choice
71. Feelings Revealed
72. Seeing The Real You
73. Finding Home
74. Intertwined Bonds
75. Attainable Happiness
76. Love Is Trust
77. Move on
78. Everything of you
79. Fire
80. Love You Like There's No Tomorrow
81. Blissful Days
82. Lies and Truths
83. Selfishly Selfless Wish
84. Loose Ties
85. A Past Full Of Scars
86. I'm Okay.
87. Ominous Peace
88. A Old Tale Long Forgotten
89. Time To Say Goodbye
90. The End Of A Story
91. Fate? What Bullshit
92. A Pitiful Heart
93. A Journey And Twisted Destiny
94. Something Meant To Be
95. Come Back To Me
96. Mark Of Karma
97. Unchained
98. A Lover's Dream
Epilogue

47. Betrayal And Consequences

8.6K 446 288
Galing kay ExhaustedSoul06

Claude sluggishly walked while half-heartedly listening Felix rant with exaggerated gestures.

"Your highness, you should look after your health. You don't look fine." Felix exclaimed worriedly as he followed spaced out Claude.

Claude clicked his tongue in annoyance, "Stop nagging me."

Felix persisted and he frowned, glaring at Claude. "Please, your highness. You've been looking awful progressively as days are passing. Your engagement with lady Penelope--"

Felix paused to look curiously at Lawrence who had stand-in duty gazing dazed at the white Tower.

For some reason Lawrence always annoyed Claude and thats what exactly he felt. Maybe his affiliation with you. Claude thought Lawrence was replacing him in your life.

Claude felt even more annoyed seeing his face as he glared at Lawrence before turning away from Felix. "Go join your friend in spacing out like a fool and leave me alone."

Claude left protesting Felix and walked back to his room, slamming it shut.

He looked himself in the mirror and Felix wasn't joking when he said he looked awful. He did look awful if you looked close.

He had sleepless nights since you left. The parting words still engraved in his mind.

'Penelope's cheating on you.'

Was it strange that he didn't want to think about that? But the your face kept haunting him, chasing after him like a bloody hound even though he just wanted to forget it.

He poured himself water and roughly sat down on the sofa. Gulping down the water in one breath before he impulsively tightened his hold until the glass shattered in his hand. He couldn't understand the agitation rising in him. The unrest that he couldn't get rid of.

He had been having violent outbursts ever since he came back from war. It became more frequent after his Mother's death. The violence in him was just getting worse and there was nothing he could do.

He waved his hand and one by one the shards repairing itself until it returned to its former, unscathed self.

He dazedly looked at the glass. The distorted reflection of him stared back at him with cold, lifeless eyes.

"If only repairing things were just as easy." He scoffed to himself.

He walked towards the nightstand and opened a drawer. Inside the drawer lied a single simple blue pendent in shape of teardrop with delicate sliver chain.

'Give this to the person you love the most.' Was what his mother said when he last met her. A last souvenir for him for his bright future. He held on to it. He should've given it to Penelope yet his heart refused to comply to him. It felt wrong to give something this precious to Penelope.

Beside it was a blue brooch. Simple in its design and of moderate size. His finger caressed the cool surface with a wistful face.

'I can't stand by and watch you destroy yourself'

Claude felt his mind was being split into two as your teary yet determined face came before his eyes. He slammed the drawer shut. It was like there was cotton stuffed into his brain. The ever sharp minded, calculative Claude was being swept away in tsunami of emotions.

Claude groaned in frustration, running his hand through his hair in exhaustion. His sleep deprived mind wanted some solace, maybe few hours of sleep.

Of course he couldn't sleep with your face still lingering in his mind.

'Penelope's cheating on you.'

Her love, deep down he knew it was fake. Deep down he knew he was clinging to false delusion. But does it matter? He knew he would never get to experience love anyways. Might as well use it as tool to survive.

But the worse thing about love was, it could shattered just as easily. Once you realise that love wasn't true, the same love quickly turns to poison scorching away your insides. Things never stay the same. You never stay the same again.

And Claude was terrified of that. The ultimate betrayal. It's best if he never experience it. The foundation of the false love with Penelope was all fake and hollow, he knew. Maybe it was for the best.

But he couldn't just ignore it either. You made sure of that. His heart pricked at the thought of you. Why couldn't you leave him alone, instead of coming and dropping this bombshell. He roughly sighed.

He looked out the window before making up his mind. He would just find the truth himself, instead letting it eat away at him. He didn't want to be played like a fool afterall.

Doubt was like disease. Once it caught on someone, it's hard to find cure for it. And it spreads faster in paranoid mind. Battered mind. Overcautious mind.

And the same disease was festering in him as he walked towards the palace for guests where Penelope was staying. Upon asking the servants he found that Penelope wasn't there.

The disease sank into his mind faster as his gaze shriveled to the Alexandra palace for Crown Prince.

Penelope's cheating on you.

He sighed, eyes dry while lips twisted in contempt. His hands were clenched into tight fists as he made his way towards the palace. He placed invisibility magic on himself so the knights guarding the palace couldn't detect him.

"Finally showing your true colour, huh." He dryly commented, his footsteps heavy and reluctant as he dodged the knights and reached the private chamber of Anastacius. A bitter feeling was stirring inside him he stood right before the double door. The truth was just right behind this majestic door. All he had to do was peek in and confirm it himself. So why was he hesitating.

Maybe because he didn't want to see it. Didn't want to solidify the bitter truth that he was nothing more than convience tool for people to use and discard once done. His magic flickered violently.

"Fuck." Realizing just how coward he was being, he bit his lips roughly until he could taste his own blood in his mouth. And with one forceful push he opened the door.

What lied before him was what he knew all along, what he didn't want to see.

Yet he was completely stunned to silence.

Anastacius looked up in surprise and stopped the hand that was caressing hair of Penelope. There were naked with only blanket to hide their sweaty bodies.

Both of them gaped at Claude in shock. The first one to recover was Anastacius who laughed, blue eyes lighting up with malicious joy.

"What a pleasant surprise, little brother. But if you had warned me before I could have arranged something more appropriate as you can see this scene is not for casual talk." Anastacius gestured to their nude bodies, partially hidden under the thin sheet.

Claude's face was completely blank, no emotion in his eyes watching them.

"Are you speechless, little brother?" He tauntingly pulled back Penelope's stray hair from her face as sniffed it. "Does this bother you?"

Claude only stared at him coldly, not saying a word of retaliation.

Anastacius's expression showed a sick satisfaction as he saw Claude's numb face.

"I've taken your future wife for a test drive. And I dare say the long drive was rather pleasurable. Hope you don't mind." Anastacius had a malicious, self satisfied smile as he trailed a finger against Penelope's bare back. Penelope was smart enough to stay silent and watch it like a bystander because she realized things would only get worse if she interfered.

Claude simply stared with empty cold eyes. "Why?"

"She is too good for you Claude. Just look at her, even she realized it." Anastacius sneered at Claude. "A dirt like you shouldn't forget his place and this should nail it in your brains, little brother."

"Why don't you ask your fiancée opinion? She sure is vocal in expressing her pleasure." Anastacius stood up from the head with a twisted chuckle and patted Claude's head and left for the bathroom laughing smugly.

Penelope gathered the sheet around herself and got off the bed. She pitifully looked at Claude whose expression remained numb and hollow.

Rage, pain, disappointed, betrayal. That was what he probably felt, Penelope mused in pity. Chills ran down her spine at the intimidating aura emitting from him. She ignored the danger alarms and braved forward to console him.

Penelope closed the gap and placed her hand against Claude's cheek while holding the sheet with other. "I won't deny what I did. However I do love you. Please understand, being with you is only going to drag me into the dirt when I could be the greatest woman in the kingdom. Becoming your wife would only cause me misery and pain. Please understand it and let go of me."

Claude shuddered in disgust at the skin contact. And threw her off mercilessly. Penelope collided with the floor with a pained groan. His blues were glowing icily, his face chillingly indifferent.

"Is that so?" Claude dryly said, while looking in disgust at her audacity, no hint of surprise or shock on his face. "You want to be the greatest woman in the kingdom? You? Maybe then you should have spread your legs to the King instead of his son."

Penelope stunned, stared a him with trembling eyes, "W-what?"

Claude's curled up his lips in contempt, eyes still strangely hollow and apathetic. "The pretense has finally come to an end, huh? Good, I was tired of you clinging to me like a desperate bitch."

"What are you talking about? You...you love me don't you? That's right you must be in great pain. This indifferent mask of yours is only for show, isn't it your highness?!"

"Love?" Claude chuckled humourlessly. The numbness in his core only grew and turned into cruelty as he looked down at the pitiful woman trembling before him. "I never loved you, not for a second. Didn't I tell at the very beginning I could never love you. It's was the truth, still is."

"All this time you..you never felt a shred of emotion for me?" Penelope asked in disbelief voice, trembling all over again at the prospect of never gaining his trust. She was meticulous in her act, there was no way he didn't fall for her.

"No. I had use of you. I wanted to keep her safe. That's it. There's nothing more to it." Claude said completely apathetic, cold eyes narrowing into thin slits, danger aglow in them. "What's with the look on your face? Weren't you using me too? I don't see why there should a reason you hold grudge against me."

Penelope could only stare at him with trembling eyes. Watching her plan crumple into pieces before even being implemented.

"I'm leaving, you wouldn't want me to interfere your ambition of becoming the greatest woman, right?" Claude paused and glanced over his shoulder one last time and Penelope shuddered meeting the gaze full of darkness and empty of any humane resemblance, it that looked like it would tear into her, plunge her into the complete darkness if she moved even the tiniest inch. "Don't you ever show me your face, understand?"

Penelope timidly nodded. Her whole body shaking in terror.

Clause teleported back to his room, going straight to the alcohol. After all that drama he needed drink, a strong one. Though he was already numb to any feelings and emotions alike, there was still hurt festering inside him.

He felt nauseated, sick to his very core. A tool, that's all he was in people's eyes.

He dropped on the sofa, emptying half of the bottle in one gulp. In the room which was dimly lit, he was drinking away his bittersweet reality.

He just saw his fiancee with his brother. The biggest betrayal came from the closest person. And it came true. His brother who once he looked up to.

'All I need is you.'

'I'll never leave your side.'

"What pitiful empty lies," Claude chuckled hollowly, emptying the bottle and reaching for another.

His eyes were dull, empty of light and hope as he continued to drink. He vacantly watched the bottle before he threw it against the wall. Watching it smash against the wall and shatter into tiny pieces with indifferent, numb eyes.

Just like his heart.

"Your Highness?!" Felix barged in worried.

"Out."

"Your highness--"

"I said get out."

Felix left reluctantly, helpless, confused eyes watching his friend engulfed in darkness, sitting motionless shooting a sharp, emotionless glare at him.

Claude took another large swing of the alcohol, feeling it burn down his throat. He would have become a clown, a fool if he had believed in her, given even tiniest shard of his trust.

She believed she had it. But she never did. He could've never given it even if the facade would have continued for decades.

Because she took that that supposedly true trust and broke it so easily, so effortlessly. And his own brother partook on it. Enjoying every second of it.

He had long learnt his lesson about the harms in being. careless. To trust  blindly. He learnt his lesson that nothing lasts. No one was his side and never would be.

The only ever standing beside him was Felix.

And you. His chest tightened. No. He lost you. You wouldn't stay by his side. No after what he did. What he said. It was late. Too late to mend things. Things that he broke to utter shambles with his own two fucking hands. He had to. He had no other choice.

His mana overflowed. Blue sparkles glowed around him. It continued to grow more powerful and out of control until everything in his room started to explode.

His heart pounded within his ribcage. He could feel it breaking. The cracks it had already grew bigger and bigger. Pulsing with pain. Dripping with agony.

I'm sorry to hurt you but it's all for you. I can't drag you into my fucked up world. You shine so bright but if you stayed by my side, that light would be ripped away from you mercilessly.

Bitterness swirled into him. He roughly wiped his mouth as a acrid taste on his tongue made his stomach twist horribly. He was cursed, everything that would in contact with him would be tainted. He didn't want that to happen to you.

It's fine you hated him. He could bear with it. Maybe you already did. But it's fine really. You wanted to explore the world, it's best if you did. Break away from here and fly far, far away from this disgusting places so your light wouldn't be doused off cruelly, your wings wouldn't be trampled upon beyond repairs.

He was selfish, he did want you to stay by his side. But knowing his family, he couldn't allow it. His family who without any second thought ripped away the warmth of his mother, what in the world was stopping them from doing same to you.

"Haha, family, " He drily laughed as he mana exploded. Blue flames danced around him. His eyes dilated, a crazed look overtaking them as they furiously trembled within those sockets menacingly.

"Family. This pack of monster can even be called family?" He tugged at his hair, pulling it roughly. His rage overcoming his hurt, his agony. Rage that his family was the reason he could never be with someone he desparately wanted to be..

He so called brother joined in so he could mock him.

He had enough. Enough of this bullshit. Enough of this family drama that was destroying him.

If they wanted him broken he would give them just that.

Just another scar to add to his heart. Heart? He didn't think he had it anymore.

He hated his play pretend family, they were like a poison in his veins. Poisoning everything. The books flew out the shelves and caught fire.

"You are wrong, Mother. So very wrong. I can never trust another soul. Look where it would've got me if I did,'" His choked out as he slumped down.

"Everytime I dare open my heart, people only take advantage of it." Claude whimpered away with laughing breath. "I'm being always left behind by everyone and the things I desire to keep keeps slipping from my hands,"

Your smiling face flashed before his eyes. His shut his eyes in pain " I had to let her go for her own sake.."

"In the end I'm left all alone, like it always been." He scoffed, a single tear trickled down his cheek as he covered his eyes with his arms, his legs dangling over the egde of the sofa lifelessly.

Slowly darkness overtook him as he stared at the fancy ceiling, eyes vacant and tired. His demons whispered to him, as their claws dig at his sanity. They demanded him to destroy everything so he could get rid of his agony, despair that disgustingly swirled in him.

Slowly all emotions seem to drained from him leaving behind a empty shell of a boy who was been abused all his life, scorned by his family, belittled by people, had to leave the only person he wanted to spend rest of his life with.

Eyes beautiful like sapphires. Like the starry midnight sky slowly lost its light as the blazing twin flames died down, turning into potent poisonous orbs filled with nothing but cold vengeance. Turning the boy whose last hope was ripped away, his light forced out, turning him into empty shell of uncaring, callous person.

"They'll pay." he spoke in malicious voice brimmed with murderous intent.

He gave his completely demolished room a emotionless glance, his eyes blank and cold. With a flick of his wrist, everything started return to its previous state.

He stood up, his face unsettlingly devoid of any emotion. His dull lifeless eyes darkened to a deep blue resembling a abyss.

                        ******

The next day the court was filled upon the request of the new King.

Anastacius sat on his throne while while looking down at the nervous nobles gathered in the room. He could very easily hear the whispers too.

His parents sat beside him in relatively smaller thrones. They too had puzzled look in their eyes as they gazed at him curiously.

Anastacius heard the dark whispers in his head. The voice that guarded for so long. It told him the insolent behaviour of his subjects.

"Do you think second prince would make a better candidate?"

"Second prince has more mana than his majesty anyway so why would anyone vote for him. It must be the former Emperor influence."

More and more words continued to enter his ears. He couldn't pinpoint the people but he didn't need to. He could just execute every single of the insolent bastards.

Anastacius arrogantly sat on the throne, glaring down at his subjects. "I heard some very juicy rumours recirculating among the nobles."

He paused deliberately, letting the tension fill up each faces. "You all have doubts about me being a competent Emperor. Now don't you?"

Anastacius eyes flickered to his brother standing to the corner, uncaringly. He didn't expect him to recover from the betrayal so easily. Anastacius clicked his tongue in dissatisfaction and looked at Penelope standing among the nobles who gave him a seductive smile when their eyes met.

"Do you all think my half abomination brother is fit to rule the kingdom. Is that it?"

The nobles felt their heart sink in foreboding as their Emperor looked at them with crazed eyes.

The former Emperor was enraged. "Who dare say that?! I'll have him executed right here!"

The Empress too expressed her rage in silent glare.

Anastacius laughed confusing both of his parents. Claude figured out what Anastacius was implying and smirked to himself coldly. He could partially predict the following events that would occur seeing the crazed Emperor. And boy, he was going to take advantage and enjoy the conflict.

"Why are you pretending father, aren't you one of them?" Anastacius spoke in mocking voice. The shadow moving around him spoke again invisible to others.

"Aren't you the one who doubted my abilities from the start, along with mother?"

Former Emperor and Empress were stunned to silence.

Claude's cold eyes were calculative and filled with malice as they locked with Anastacius taunting eyes. Anastacius smirked as if he knew something Claude didn't. But Claude remained unfazed, going as far as to yawn at the face of his brother.

Anastacius got up, restraining himself and gestured in grand manner. "Everyone who supports my brother, let it be your last day. I'll kill my brother here and you all can join him in afterlife. "

The confused nobles didn't have time to process the words when tremendous black magic bursted out from Anastacius.

The first victim to be caught inside the black magic were his parents who quickly felt their life being forcefully taken away. Anastacius absorbed his death father's magic and sighed deeply in satisfaction.

"So this is the true power my father had been hiding from me." Anastacius laughed. "Now it's mine!"

Another wave of thick black magic exploded from him, this time way stronger then first' wave.

The courtroom distorted as black magic spread like  tsunami. The people in the room screamed in fright and terror trying to run away while trampling ove thee fallen ones. The people who came in contact with the black magic writhed in pain, they skin burnt away, leaving dark patchy spots. That frightened the nobles more and they with newfound terror started to escape the throne room.

Anastacius walked slowly Claude with black magic like tendrils running up his arms. "Let's conclude just who is the strongest among us. It's due time we mark the winner."

Claude stood cold, bored as he stared at his brother. That pissed off Anastacius even more.

"How dare you! You think you can look down on me?!"

Anastacius rushed to him with murderous eyes. Claude defended against the black magic with his own. The air blew away violently at here collision of two opposite magic.

People were caught in the crossfire and explode from the overwhelming magic. Guts and blood littered the marbled floor. Panicked nobles ran outside trying to save their lives. Only three people remained in the throne room where another carnage was taking place.

"See if you can dodge it!" Anastacius shouted. Fire balls were thrown at Claude who created a thick water shield around himself. The fireballs sizzled down as it faded to smoke.

Enraged Anastacius crazed ove the black magic continued to throw attacks one afer another.

Claude effortlessly dodged and defended against every black magic attack without moving an inch from his place. He never once launched an offensive attack. Walls cracked, floor gave out. Everything was getting destroyed and yet both of them didn't care about the destruction.

Claude clicked his tongue mockingly as he coldly regarded Anastacius. "Is that all you got? Even after learning black magic. How pitiful."

Claude could've long concluded the battle. But he deliberately drew the battle, playing with his brother who desperately attempted to kill him. Anastacius rage rose as he realized that. His face reddened in humiliation

Anastacius filled with rage lost his rationality and rush towards Claude with no plan.

In a flash, he was pierced through the chest with Claude hand which was covered with blue magic. With magic his hand was sharp enough to sink through Anastacius's chest.

Anastacius coughed out large amount of blood and slumped against Claude. Claude suit stained with blood as Anastacius coughed more and more blood, groaning in terrible pain.

"You never stood a chance against me." Claude coldly looked at the dying Anastacius on his chest and whispered venomously. "You were always the weak one, Anastacius."

Trembling (c) eyes watched the whole spectacle with great grief and horror. Before she could scream, a hand clamped on her mouth and dragged her backwards away from the eyes.

Claude felt a familiar aura and searched the empty throne room for the source of sudden agitation in his heart. She's here...

But his sharp, cruel eyes met the petrified green eyes who trembled back with blood splattered over her cheeks.

"M-Monster.." Penelope shakily choked out, holding on to the urge to throw up.

"Why do you look so suprised. Don't you have hand in making me one?" He pushed Anastacius off ruthlessly.  Anastacius fell in pool of his own blood and was going in and out of consciousness as he continued to lose immense amount of blood. The last thing he saw was his brother making way to Penelope before life flickered out of his eyes.

The bloodied Crown dangled from his fingertips, dripping with blood as Claude made his way towards the terrified Penelope whose eyes were filled with fearful tears from the cold killing intent directed at her.

Chills ran down her spine continuously the more the distance was closed. The icy glare halted any thoughts process. But her self-preservation instincts kicked in and she stumbled back running away.

Claude paused, his murderous aura expanded, covering the whole throne room. Those near vicinity, barely alive choked and gagged at the suffocating shift of atmosphere. It was hard to breath. Oxygen seem to depleted with every second.

Penelope was frozen stiff, unable to move. The primal fear rooted her to place. Making his way to her, Claude picked Penelope by her neck. Her neck was so delicate, he could just snap it into two with his fingers.

"L-let g-go.."She gasped for air, clawing and scratching his arm desperate to escape. Claude was cold and numb as he watched her struggle for life.

At the last moment when she thought she was going to die. He dropped her roughly and spoke in icy cold tone. "Run. If I see you face again, I will kill you in the most painful way."

Penelope stared wide eyes at him. The cruelty in his blazing blue eyes made her quiver in terror. She scrambled on her feets, stumbling as she escaped from the monster in human skin.

But Claude didn't follow her. He looked down at the crown soaked in blood of his own flesh and chuckled.

He wasn't being merciful by letting her go. No rather he thought of fitting punishment for her. She used him for power, status. Now she was running away like a sacred mouse afraid of her life forgetting all about her goal. And she would die on the dirty street she despised the most.

He looked back at the stage. He slowly walked up the stairs to the throne with deliberate slow steps.

Just what was in the throne that everyone was so keen in betraying and scorning him. He wondered about it. The throne everyone was crazed for, he was going to make it his. Maybe then it would find answers to his questions.

He stopped before the throne splattered with blood and sat down, crossing his legs. Putting the bloodied Crown on his head. He felt sticky liquid stain his hair as the crown tilted a bit.

It was a self declaration. At that moment he- Claude Alger de Obelia had become the new Tyrant King. However he felt nothing, no triumphant, no sense of accomplishment. Just nothing.

The new power didn't excite him. The weight of the crown didn't bother him. The smell of the blood didn't fazed him. The loss off life didn't matter to him anymore. Everything at that moment become dull and washed out.

Corpses were littered around the room, blood splashed over the columns and painted the floor. The pungent smell of blood and death wafted throughout of the room.

His watched all that with apathetic face and leaned back against the throne, closing his eyes. 

And become the true monster everyone knew him for.

                      *****

You were choking on your tears, gasping for air as you left the throne room. Lawrence arms were wrapped around your shoulders protectively as he guided you out the palace.

Lawrence was saying something but you couldn't understand through the haze of panic attack.

Lawrence left your side for a moment, sprinting away in urgency. Your knees gave out and you fell on the ground.

Claude continued to dominate any other thoughts. You shuddered at cruel glint in his eyes you never seen before. No, you had. Just not in this life.

You were shaking unsure if it was because of the cold breeze or the cold cruelty you saw from the person you came to love.

You were confused, terrified and desperate. You curled into a ball. You wanted shut down completely, become numb so you could erase the deep agony you were feeling.

After knowing your past life where he killed you, could you even bring yourself to care about him?

Demons from your past life clawed at your consciousness. Dragging you down into the hellish abyss.

The very foundation that the friendship stood was crumbling away from reveal of the truth.

Was Claude you knew all this past years all fake? The monster you saw back at the throne room, was he all along the real person you failed to see?

Your vision blurred,  heart twisting with unstoppable throbbing pain.

Lawrence returned and kneeled, picking you up. You realized he went to bring asleep Ether and some stuff from your room. "Highness is not in the right mind. Please go away. I'm afraid in his anger he would end up hurting you."

You watched him with pained expression. The truth in his words was undeniable. And it cut you deep. Because you personally experienced just how ruthless he could be.

Claude killed you before, would he hesitate to do it again in this life? You were afraid to find the answer. You didn't want to die. You wanted to live. Meet everyone you lost in the last life.

Diana, lily, Seth, Hannah and... most importantly Athanasia.

You wanted to meet them and apologize to them. You failed to save every single person you deeply cared for. You cried sorrowfully, guilt and pain twisting your heart.

Lawrence stopped before the giant gate. He placed you down. And looked ove the knights guarding the exit.

Lawrence looked at you who continued to cry before he went it them. He threw something at them and it exploded in green glitters. And every knight fell to the ground, seemingly asleep.

He brought you near the gate and opened it. Throughout the whole process, you were blank with pain, unable to comprehend your situation. Grabbing your shoulders he firmly said. "Please run away. This place is too dangerous for you now."

You blankly stared at him, lips trembling and red eyes

Lawrence made a pained face before smiling. "Lady (Y/n), please run away and don't look back. The people here are just hurting you, especially His highness. Now that his highness has lost his mind in his blind rage I don't think it's safe for you to stay here."

Lawrence smiled when the focus in your eyes returned. "Please live a happy life. Away from things that hurting you. I'll take care of everything else."

"Why?" You choked out in confusion. Why was he going to this extend to keep you safe?

He smiled brightly. "Because I like you. I know it's not appropriate time but I want to let you know this. I just want you to be happy. So please run away and never look back."

You were speechless. You couldn't answer him straight away. "I'm s-sorry, Lawrence. I didn't know.."

Lawrence shook his head, indicating that you didn't had to say anything. Pushed you forward as you trembled more as you realized you been hurting him all this time by being oblivious to his feelings. Yet he didn't complaint as if he completely understood you.

"Please don't say anything." Lawrence smile was bright enough o light up the darkness you were lost into. "Live for yourself and that would make me immensely happy."

So you selfishly sprinted and not once did you look back. The weight of his affection felt suffocating. The guilt inside your heart continued to increase until you felt like you were drowning in them. You needed to get away from everything or else you would mostly likely lose your mind completely from the emotional agony, the trauma and the ultimate betrayal.

~~~~~~~~~~

When I was writing Claude going full psychotic I was like 'Damn, this dude is in serious need of therapy. Like multiple therapies(?)'Σ(ಠ_ಠ)

Poor Claude...

...Anyways hope you enjoyed it. I was having trouble writing Claude in this chapter. I had to rewrite it multiple times before I got it right. But oh well, I think I did pretty decent job *proud pats on my back*ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Comment and like if you enjoyed the chapter! ( ꈍᴗꈍ)(◕ᴗ◕✿)

And stay tuned for the next one!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

416K 16.1K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...
2.3K 147 13
Im Hwa-Young, a devoted fan of the fantasy novel cherished the character of Alethea de Alger Obelia. With an abundance of affection in her heart, sh...
9.2K 457 19
Mallory, who had lived a life full of regrets, had always desired to live more abundantly. She was envious of the freedom and joy that others seemed...
86.7K 2.9K 14
[ wattpad had deleted book 2 and 3 of my princess series. however i am still in debate whether or not to continue. i will post my decision in this bo...