Andy and Robert's Love Story...

By sarahanneh1

This is my version of their love story. How I thought it should have gone. Hope you like it. Have fun reading... More

The Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A Short Story - He Cooks?!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 Info
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Wedding Week!
Wedding Info
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
A Backstory Behind Jennifer's Appearance
Chapter 11
Robert's Vows
Andy's Vows
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Andy's Attire for the Fire Gala
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 pt.1
Chapter 31 pt.2
Chapter 31 pt.3

Chapter 22

311 13 1
By sarahanneh1

Andy's 18 Weeks and 1 Day... Today, Andy goes back to work. Yesterday, Andy woke up with a text from Maya reminding her that she goes back to work today. That made Andy sad because she didn't want to go back to work without Robert. So, she got up, showered, got dressed, kissed Robert goodbye, and then left. When she got to work, everyone was so happy to see her. She decided to take the desk today, so they all started on chores and just hung out.

Around nine in the morning, Robert decided to call his realtor and set up a meeting for the realtor to come and get an estimate on the house he owns now, so that way, they could buy a house together to give his girls a home when they come home from the hospital.

Around eleven in the morning, the team got a call to go to a three-alarm fire, which is going to turn into a four-alarm probably according to the fire chief. When the team left, Andy wanted to go with them so badly. However, she was taking it easy. When the team left, she was lonely, so she decided to call Robert and have him come up to the station via Uber.

When he got to the station, he came in and found Andy downstairs on the phone. After she finished the phone call, he kissed and hugged her. Conversation... Robert: It hasn't even been six hours and I'm seeing you. Andy: I know. Robert: What have you guys done today? Andy: The team went shopping and I decided to do the desk. Also, they just left for a possible four-alarm fire. Robert: Okay. Are you hungry? Andy: Of course. You're children make me starve. Robert: Okay. You stay down here and I'll cook. Andy: Okay. (Robert goes and makes Andy a BLT. He then brings it to her.) Robert: I'm thinking since the fire is now a four-alarm, should I make the team something to eat? Andy: That would be nice, but then they would know you can cook. Robert: So? They're my family for life because you're my family. They became my family when I married you. Andy: Okay. What are you going to make? Robert: I was thinking lasagna. Andy: How'd you know that I've wanted that for the past three weeks? Robert: Luck? Grab the radio and let's go upstairs. Andy: Okay. (Andy grabs a radio, and they head upstairs to cook.) Andy: Are you going to make the noodles from scratch? Robert: No. Andy: That sucks. You always make the best noodles. (Then Andy and Robert start the noodles, cook the meat, grab the cheese, and do all the seasonings.)

Robert: It should be done in about three hours. Do you think they should be back? Andy: From the sounds of it, the fire is calming down. So, hopefully. Robert: Okay. It hasn't been in the oven long and it smells good in here. Andy: I know. I have to go back downstairs. (About five in the evening the team radioed that the fire was out and that they were on the way back to the station. They were at the fire scene for about eight hours. When the team came back they were covered in dirt and ash, but they smelled something good when they came into the station.) Vic: Andy, what's that smell? Andy: When you're clean, you'll find out. (They all shower and then they come out. When they all come out, the lasagna, salad, and garlic bread are on the table. When they saw all the food, they were surprised and confused. Even Maya was confused.) Andy: Everyone sits down for our meal. Travis: Who made this? Andy burns everything she touches. Andy: I helped. However, Robert cooked. Vic: He cooks? Andy: Yep. Everyone digs in. (Everyone had a bite.) Travis: This is amazing. Everyone: Agreed. (Robert smiles.) Robert: Tell us everything about the fire. Andy: Agreed. I miss fighting fires. This is the only thing I get mad at the babies about is that I can't fight fires. Maya: You guys will be back soon enough. Andy, we need to talk about something in a little bit. Robert too. Andy: Okay.

For a little while, they all eat and talk. Then the team does clean up, while Andy and Robert talk with one another and rested. Around six-thirty in the evening, Maya calls them down to her office. So, they head down there to talk to her.

Andy: You wanted to talk to us. Maya: Yes. I'm putting in some paperwork. How long do you want to take off after the babies are born? Andy: I don't know yet. Maya: Okay. Can you think about that? Because when you're maternity leave kicks in, I have to ask for another lieutenant, and I need to know how long I will need him or her. Andy: Okay. We'll talk about it. Maya: Okay. Andy: Can I take Robert home real quick? Maya: Of course. Come back soon. Andy: Thank you so much.: End of Conversation After that, Andy takes Robert home, and then she comes back to the station and finishes her shift.

Andy's 18 Weeks and 2 Days... When Andy got home, she was exhausted but found Robert waiting on the couch for her.

When she came in, he decided to tell her that he called the realtor. Conversation... Andy: Hey, you. What are you doing? Robert: Waiting for you. Andy: Why? Robert: I called a realtor before you called me to come to the station, and she's going to come to estimate the worth of the house, so that way we can get a bigger house. Andy: Really? Robert: Yes, she'll be here tomorrow to talk to us about what we want in a house and to do the estimate of the house. Also, we talked and I'm qualified to get a bigger house. Andy: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, Andy and Robert just hang out together.

That afternoon, Andy had to take Robert to his physical therapy, and he worked on walking up the stairs, and it was easy on him. So, now he can go upstairs, but he still can't drive.

Andy's 18 Weeks and 3 Days... Today the realtor is coming to the house, to meet with Andy and Robert. The realtor is going to price the house, talk about what they want in the new house, and budget.

The realtor arrived at about eleven in the morning. Conversation... Hazel: Hello, I'm Hazel. Who are you both? Robert: I'm Robert and this is my wife Andy. Hazel: So, we've never met before. Sadly, Maggie retired, so, I've taken over some of her clients. So, I have some questions. Robert: Okay, go ahead. Hazel: When did you buy your house? Robert: Around seven years ago. Hazel: How much did you buy it for? Robert: Around $200,000. Hazel: How big is it? Robert: Two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and then around 1,600 square feet. I put a ton of work into it. I put down new flooring, and windows updated the kitchen, and got a new roof. Hazel: Okay. I'll take a look around, figure out how much it's worth, and then come back, and give you an estimate. I did look up your home for when you bought it. Robert: Okay. (Hazel takes a look around, and then comes back.)

Hazel: So, the house is in better condition than you bought it. When you first bought it, it was worth about $175,000. So, you likely overpaid. However, since you put so much work into it, it's gained worth. So, it's now worth somewhere between $250,000 to $325,000. So, that's very good. If you were to apply for a loan alone, you could get around $400,000 and do a VA/ First Resonder loan. Then, if you apply as a couple you could get around $525,000, but you could get more. Even if you do it together, you both qualify for a VA/ First Responder loan. So, would you like to apply for a loan as a couple or alone?

Andy: If it's okay with Robert, I would like to apply as a couple. Robert: I'm cool with that. So, how long will it take the townhouse to sell? Hazel: Between a couple of days to about a month. Robert: Can we put the house on the market after we move into the new house? Hazel: Of course. You could even rent it out. Robert: Okay. We'll consider that. Hazel: Okay. Andy: What's the next step? Hazel: You need to get pre-approved. So, once that happens we can start looking. Andy: How long should that take? Hazel: Somewhere between a day to a week. Andy: Okay. Hazel: Do you know where you're paperwork is to get the loan process started? Robert: Yes, I dug it all out yesterday. Hazel: Okay, good. I have brought my computer, so, that way I get it all the paperwork on my laptop and started. Robert: Okay. (Hazel starts scanning all of the paperwork and getting it started. She has to ask a ton of questions, because of all the paperwork she has to submit.) Hazel: I've scanned all of the paperwork, and I'll get started on it. Can we meet tomorrow at my office? Andy: I have a shift. Can we do it the day after tomorrow? Hazel: Of course. Andy: Thank you.: End of Conversation After that, they talk for a bit and submit the loan paperwork.

After an hour, Hazel left. When she left, Andy was excited to have started the process to get them a new house. She hoped she could find one before the girls are born.

Andy's 18 Weeks and 5 Days... Yesterday, Andy had a shift and around ten in the morning, Andy and Robert have to head to their real estate office.

When Andy got home this morning, she went and showered. She then went and laid down beside Robert for about an hour. After that, they got up, and ready to go. They left for Hazel's office around 9:45 in the morning.

When they got there, they were taken to her office. Conversation... Hazel: How are you guys this morning? Andy: This pregnancy is killing me. These girls are being a pain in my back. Hazel: I'm sorry to hear that. When I had my first daughter, I was sick terribly, so, I feel you. However, I was in the hospital for half of my pregnancy. Andy: I'm sorry, at least that hasn't happened to us. Hazel: Agreed. So, I heard back on your loan application. You qualify for $600,000 with no down payment. That's because your loan is a VA and first responder loan. That loan amount and no down payment is actually really good. Andy: Okay. When can we start house hunting? Hazel: Anytime. When are you available? Andy: Tomorrow, and I have a shift the day after tomorrow. Hazel: Okay. The first question is how long do you want to want to live in this house? Andy: At least, fifteen years. It needs to be able to grow with us and change.

Hazel: Okay. What are you looking for in a house? Andy: We are expecting twins and want more kids, so we need at least five or six bedrooms and a minimum of four bathrooms. Hopefully two stories with a huge garage and basement. Plus a playroom and a big backyard. Robert: Hopefully not past $575,000 and within ten minutes of the station where we work. Hazel: Okay. That's a lot. How would you feel about building a house and customizing it yourself with everything you want? Robert: I like the idea. Andy: Me too. What do we do for now? Hazel: You can buy or rent a three or four-bedroom house, while you build your home and do everything you need to do. Such as buying land and customizing your house. Andy: Okay. Hazel: Do you want to rent or buy? Robert: I don't know. Which is better?

Hazel: It depends. Building a house, and doing everything you'll need to do with it could take about two years. So, it's up to you. Renting will cost less than a mortgage, but with buying, you can rent it out once you finish building. So, while you're building your home, your townhouse can provide around $1200 to $1600 worth of rent a month. Then, if you buy a three or bedroom home, it can provide somewhere between $3000 to $4500 worth of rent a month.

Robert: Okay. May we have a moment to talk? Hazel: Of course. May I get you a drink? Andy: Yes, please. I'll take some tea if you have it. Hazel: Okay. I'll be back. Andy: Thank you. (Hazel leaves the room.) Robert: What do you think? Andy: I like the building idea. Then, renting out the houses will provide us with the extra income we need. Robert: So, do we want to buy or rent? Andy: I say buy it because the extra money will be good. We can sell it in the future if we won't. Robert: Okay. How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Andy: At least three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Robert: Okay. (Hazel comes back into the room with tea and coffee.) Hazel: Here you go. Have you decided? Andy: We're going to buy and build a house. Hazel: Okay. When would you like to start? Andy: I could do it tomorrow or after my shift in the afternoon. Hazel: Okay. What should I look for? Andy: A three or four-bedroom house with at least three bathrooms. The better it rents out the better. Hazel: Okay. I'll look into houses and can try to find some for tomorrow. How do you feel about projects? Andy: Like what? Hazel: Replacing flooring, some painting, and other stuff. Andy: Sure. Hazel: I have a couple of houses in mind. Andy: Okay. Hazel: I'll be in touch. Andy: Okay. (They talk for a few more minutes and then leave. They go eat lunch and then head home. At lunch, they talk about everything.)

Robert: How are you feeling right now? Andy: Excited, but terrified. We're actually going to build a house! Robert: Yes, we are. Andy: Saying that is scary but exciting at the same time. Robert: Are you ready to start house hunting? Andy: Yes. We need to start packing. Robert: Should we put some stuff in storage? Andy: Sure. Since we're going to be moving again in the next two or three years. Robert: Okay. Andy: I don't want to tell the team about building a house and moving. We'll tell them once we've moved. Robert: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, Andy and Robert hung out for a little bit, finished lunch, and then left to go get boxes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

THE CLASS C-1 By isipinmo15

Mystery / Thriller

19 0 8
If you are going to criticize this story becauase of errors please dont continue reading. This is my first time to published one of my stories here i...
1 1 2
This story is available as a book and is sold in all bookstores. I wanted to rewrite it here for everyone to know. I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to...
96 0 25
Continuation of my previous story A one sided Love Story. I don't remember my username and password ,so here is the Continuation of it. link to Previ...