She's always kind (Neville X...

By Serenitymoon104

Neville Longbottom was always considered clumsy, anxious and shy, especially by his grandmother. However, no... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 17

622 20 14
By Serenitymoon104

Scotland - Hogwarts School
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

A cacophony of scribbles could be heard throughout the room as students hastily wrote on pieces of parchment, trying to finish homework. (Y/n) sat in front of Ginny who was almost mirroring her motions, the two girls whispered about what had gone on in the common room. Of course the honey blonde girl didn't let slip what Harry yelled at her about, but described how she felt quite hurt by this, to which Ginny tried to comfort her. Luna had also entered the room and had sat next to (Y/n) "hello you two, how are you both?" She spoke in her dreamy voice as she pulled out her quills and ink. "I'm not too good right now Luna" (Y/n) spoke sadly but still managed to smile slightly.

The silvery blonde hair girl smiled as she gently took the girl's hand "you know my dad always says our troubles can only be stopped when we choose to face them" the girl sighed but nodded in agreement "you're right, but I can't face them just yet, I need time." Luna smiled and started on a fresh piece of parchment and began writing her charms homework. Looking up, (Y/n) noticed Ginny sullenly looking across the room before returning to her work. "I'm still not happy about how Harry spoke to you" Ginny spoke through gritted teeth. "Oh that's what you were glaring at? Ginny please, don't be too harsh" (Y/n) pleaded to her friend.

Later that evening, everyone was informed of the tragic attack on Sir Nicholas and Justin Finch-Fletchly and was urged to return hastily back to their houses. (Y/n) managed to catch her Hufflepuff friends, Hannah About and Susan Bones, to confort them knowing that they'd be distressed over their good friend. Justin was very kind to the girl in Herbology, giving her tips and help when she needed it, to which she was always grateful. But now that he was in this state, it upset the girl deeply. That evening in the boy's dorm, (Y/n) sat next to Neville on his bed staring at the floor while he tried to console her. Seamus and Dean sat on the floor in front of her, seeing his twin this distressed was hard for Seamus to endure.

He opened up his arms to the girl, beckoning her towards him, to which she stood slowly and sat beside him, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face into his shoulder. The pair had always stuck together, through thick and thin, so similar yet so different, Seamus loved (Y/n) more than anything and anyone in the world. Being the older sibling (as he always proclaimed being 3 minutes older) he protected his sister with his life. "Thank you deartháir" she whispered in his ear as she wiped her glassy eyes and started to smile again. The name always made Seamus smile, it meant brother in Irish gaelic "You're welcome Saileach"

Just over a week later, (Y/n) was walking by herself to dinner since she had stayed behind in the dorm to read yet another book on magical creatures she had borrowed from the library. She had just reached the bottom of the stairs outside the Great hall when she spotted Crabbe and Goyle walking out with their arms loaded with cakes and desserts. They stuffed their faces like pigs, until they came across two cupcakes floating in the air. The honey blonde noticed Harry and Ron round a corner, Harry had his wand pointed at the floating cakes. The two gluttonous boys were about to grab the flying delicacies when Ron let out and awfully times sneeze.

The two Slytherins were about to turn around when the witty Gryffindor came up with a plan and tripped over her feet, dropping all of her books in front of them. They began to laugh and ridicule her as they took rather large bites of the soft looking sponge. Suddenly, their cruel laughter stopped abruptly as they turned to look at eachother with worry dripping from their faces. All of a sudden, they dropped to the floor, letting all of the sticky buns and sweets fall out of their arms. (Y/n) grinned mischievously, she always wanted to get back at the two boys for picking on Neville and Seamus. Harry and Ron let out a sigh of relief as they came out of their hiding spots, meanwhile (Y/n) picked herself up and dusted off her cloak and retrieved her books.

Rather quickly, the two Gryffindor boys dragged the two Slytherins into a broom closet and grabbed their green and silver robes. Ron immediately high fived the shorter girl, praising her for the quick thinking and how she listend to his brother's too much. It went quiet for a bit as she stood in front of Harry, he looked ashamed, his eyes darting from the floor to the girl in front of him. She smiled genuinely at the raven haired boy before stepping towards him and hugging him to which he quickly returned. "I'm so sorry" he whispered, his voice breaking slightly. (Y/n) sighed before pulling away to look at the boy "I forgave you ages ago" she spoke smiling. The two boys smiled as they walked with her to the girls bathroom "We need your help to get to the Slytherin Common room." Harry insisted.

The honey blonde girl pondered this for a little bit, although she was against this plan, she wasn't exactly getting too involved by doing what was asked of her. "Alright, but as long as I'm not drinking the polyjuice or going into the Slytherin common room, I'm all ears" she agreed. The ginger boy grinned with delight at Harry before saying "So to not arise suspicion, we need you to be a somewhat 'victim' in our plan." (Y/n) winced a little at the thought, but ultimately nodded in agreement. When they arrived at the bathroom, they were greeted by a horrific stench that filled to room. "Did you get the robes?" Hermione called from the sinks.

"Yeah, we also brought something else" Harry proclaimed smiling. Hermione looked up to see her best friend, she gasped before grinning excitedly. (Y/n) grinned too, giving the brunette a small wave while eyeing the potion with disgust. The brunette started pouring the rancid concoction into three mugs, there were huge lumps and bubbles, but adding the hairs to them made the shorter girl gag even more. "What are you complaining about? You're not drinking it!" Ron said in disbelief while Harry and Hermione giggled a little. "You'll have exactly one hour before the potion wears off" Hermione reminded the two boys.

The trio clinked their mugs together before taking a large gulp of the mixture while (Y/n) held her hand to her mouth trying not to throw up. "I think I'm gonna be sick!" Ron exclaimed before dashing into one of the stalls. "Me too!" Hermione quickly followed in suite into the stall next to Ron's while Harry gripped one of the sinks. The flesh on his skin began to bubble, swelling up along with his face, becoming more and more chubby. His stature was taller and broader than his usual self with the face of Gregory Goyle. The once raven haired boy turned to look at his friend beside him who almost looked terrified "H-harry?" She squeaked, stepping forward a little.

No sooner had she said that, a shorter yet fatter boy stumbled out of a stall which (Y/n) soon recognised to be Vincent Crabbe. "Harry!?" He spoke but instead, only Ron's voice could be heard. "Where's Hermione?" (Y/n) questioned as she walked over to the locked stall. Myrtle appeared beside the small girl grinning mischievously, "it's awful" she sneered. The honey blonde knocked on the door, "Go away!" The brunette pleaded. "Are you alright Hermione?" Harry asked, "I don't think I'm coming, just go! You're wasting time" she called. The trio look at eachother with worried faced but ultimately ran out of the bathroom, the two boys wearing the Slytherin robes and (Y/n) carrying one of her books that Harry told her to bring.

Soon enough, the three arrived down near the dungeon, after some rather close call with prefects along the way. They stopped behind a corner from the dark doors that lead to the dungeons, "So, the plan is to look as in character as possible, so we need your book" Harry added, facing the smaller girl. Hesitantly, she handed the rather large book to him "please be gentle, that's one of my favourite books" she sighed. "Favourite? How can you remember what's in it? There must be at least 5000 pages in it!" Ron exclaimed in disbelief. "Well Ronald, when you find the subject you love, you'd want to read about it as much as possible" she answered smiling.

The once ginger rolled his eyes, "anyway, you need to act like we've stolen it from you" Harry interjected. No one had ever attempted to bully the small girl, they never had a reason to, she either had too much of an impact on them or people would be quick to defend her. "I think I can do that" she nodded. The trio stepped out from behind the corner and set their plan in motion. Since Harry was now the taller of two, he held the book above his head and started sneering and laughing. Ron quickly jeered along with him, pushing the smaller girl gently to the floor. The small Gryffindor was nearly a whole foot shorter than Goyle, which made it a whole lot more intimidating.

"Give me my book back please!" (Y/n) pretended to plea from where she had landed on the floor. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Ron's older brother Percy came from round the corner behind the two boys. This wasn't something they had anticipated so Harry swiftly shoved the book behind his back, his big fat hands gripping the binding. "Excuse me" he spoke, making his way towards them. Ron stuttered at first but then spoke in a perfect replication of Crabbe, "What are you doing down here." Percy frowned, almost a little taken aback but remained composed "I happen to be a school prefect, you however have no business wandering the corridors at this time of night."

The taller ginger with a pointed hat on had yet to notice the small girl behind the two boys in front of him. "Crabbe! Goyle! What are you two doing out here?" An arrogant voiced called out from another corridor, revealing Draco Malfoy. He positioned himself in between the disguised Harry and Ron before eyeing Harry with suspicion "why are you wearing glasses?" He asked with confusion. Harry quickly took his circular shaped glasses off the bridge of his nose "oh..um...reading!" He answered quickly, trying to stay calm. Draco frowned "Reading? I didn't know you could read" he remarked a little surprised.

(Y/n) sniggered silently at this but tried to remain in character. Draco peered behind the tall boy at the book he was holding, proceeding to yank it from his grasp. He peered down at the title of the book before quietly clearing his throat, he knew exactly who this belonged to, in fact he was the one who handed the book to the person in Flourish and Blotts. He slowly turned around to face the girl on the floor, at this point Percy had noticed her too, his jaw clenched very subtly as he threw the book to (Y/n), not handing it to her as to keep up the image of a pure-blood, but also not throwing it to hurt her or break it.

He immediately turned back to Percy and sneered, "And what are you doing down here Weasley?" Percy spoke through gritted teeth "Mind your attitude Malfoy!" And with that, Draco barged past the tall ginger along with his disguised goons, leaving (Y/n) sat on the floor watching the scene unfold. Percy bent down and picked up the large book before offering his hand to the small girl to take. He hauled her up before returning her property, "make sure to tell me if they're causing you trouble again, alright?" He asked kindly to which she smiled and nodded.

"Come on, I'll take you back to the Gryffindor common room" he announced before ushering her to move forward. She almost froze, panicked about Hermione being left behind in the girls bathroom, but she had no choice. If she mentioned her friend's predicament, the whole plan would be compromised, so she stayed silent. As the pair walked up the concrete stairs, the portraits on the walls had began to settle down for the evening, each one unique in its characteristics. Suddenly, curiousity dawned on the second year Gryffindor, forcing her to ask the question "Why were you in the dungeons Percy? I thought only the Slytherin prefects patrolled down there"

The question posed made Percy look very nervous, in fact, he avoided eye contact with her at all costs. "Percy?" She further questioned, the ginger looked as though he was about to burst. It got to the point whereel the sixth year couldn't hold it in anymore "Ok fine, but promise me you won't tell anyone, especially my siblings" (Y/n) was shocked at the outburst but ultimately agreed with him. "I have a girlfriend who I've been meeting with in the evenings, one of the Ravenclaw prefects, Penelope Clearwater" he explained. The girl was stunned, this wasn't at all what she expected at all from the 'perfect' Weasley, breaking rules in the name of love.

She grinned before looking ahead of her as they kept walking until they reached the fat lady's portrait, Percy said the password but before they stepped in, she turned to the ginger. "I won't tell a soul" she promised before stepping through the hole in the wall quickly to which the ginger sighed with relief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 659 60
โ”โ”โ”promise me. harry potter. female oc. 1/1/23 ; 2/6/23 @๐™ฃ๐™š๐™—๐™ซ๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™ค๐™จ๐™ข๐™ค๐™œ
9.6K 411 31
your a slytherin, he's a gryfindoor, but you both can't get caught! you and Neville were somewhat friends but this year you are much closer (year thr...
617 12 7
Seeing the future has its costs, for you it takes a mental toll. Seeing the things and people you love suffer had never been something you could deal...
134K 4.4K 20
A boy, born and raised in Azkaban for the first eight years of his life. He was the hidden child of the most despised people living in the Wizarding...