The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

By mangoezhoez

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... More

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
8. First Practice
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
19. Next Time
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
44. Thank You
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
62. Cherry Blossom Tears
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
86. Athletic Festival
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
95. Kanari
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

45. Engawa

2.2K 114 55
By mangoezhoez

"Oi, come inside. It's cold."

Tooru called out to you, hiding behind the sliding door from the worsening weather.

You ignored him, pulling your knees in closer to your chest as you looked across the backyard. Moonlight reflecting off the pond a couple steps away and lighting up a quarter of your face. The quarter which Tooru could see from where he stood.

He sighed, stepping back in and closing the door behind him.

How long have you been out there?

He was at Hanamaki's house during the afternoon, so he didn't know when you first sat out there. Though from what Fumiko had told him, you had been sitting there since afternoon. Your Shiratorizawa friends had come to drop you off. You stepped in, smiling and waving at them goodbye, you greeted your family but when your eyes landed on a picture set up on one of the walls, your smile faltered, and later erased itself from your face completely.

You stepped out to the engawa, settling down near the edge as you looked at the scenery before you.

What picture had made your mood drop?

Tooru stepped out onto the engawa.

He draped a blanket over your ice cold form, tucking it in under your chin and arms to keep it in place, before sitting down and wrapping himself in his own blanket.

He waited for heat to make its way back into your body before asking a single question.

A question he knew could be taken in different contexts, and has tens of answers.

"How's it been?"

You jumped up, arm cranked back as Mori jumped up to block.

You puffed your cheeks, focusing a little extra on your timing as you swung your left hand forward, spiking the ball successfully, and at a decent amount of strength.

Though not fully successful, Mori got a hand on it. You started falling, watching the ball waterfall down between Mori and the net, earning yourself a point.

You landed, mouth agape as Mori mindlessly looked down at the ball roll away from her.

"NICE Y/N-CHAN!" Nakamoto cheered, engulfing you in her hug as you held onto her to not fall backwards.

"Nice kill."

You looked up, meeting Mori's eye as she gave you a thumbs up, a small smile painting her face.

"Good. I made a point with my left hand spike the other day."

Tooru hummed, garnering your attention when he took his hands out the blanket he had hid in. One hand had a bag of candy, candy which you recognized as jelly fruit sticks, the same jelly fruit sticks which Suna had mailed for you a couple days back.

You shrieked, snatching the bag of the remaining jelly sticks away from him and glaring at him instead.

He narrowed his eyes, cocking a brow when you hid the jelly sticks away defensively.

"Share."

"No."

"Look." He sighed, carding a hand through his locks as he narrowed his eyes at you. "I know you're like heartbroken or whatever, but that doesn't mean you can't share jelly sticks. Now give it over."

You glared at him. "No." You stood up, lifting the blanket so you wouldn't trip over it as you sent him one final glare. "And I'm not heartbroken. Why does everyone keep saying that?!"

"I'm coming in."

You sighed, flopping over to your side and giving your back to the door, closing your eyes as you tried to avoid reality.

The bed dipped as your uninvited visitor sat down next to you.

You evened out your breathing, ignoring the way they trailed their fingers along the side of your face, moving your hair away to get a better view of your face.

"Lap."

They lightly chuckled, humming as you heard them pop their shoes off, shuffling closer up to the headboard before you shifted over to lay your head on their lap.

You hummed in content, letting them card their fingers through your hair. A sense of warmth blooming within you.

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong? Or do I need to keep downplaying your plumitting mood to everyone who asks about it?"

You clicked your tongue, a small smile painting your lips as you turned over, looking up at the pair of brown, sharp eyes which had become a haven to you recently.

"Is Atsu still texting?"

"And calling."

You lightly snickered, making a mental note to answer him back.

"Thanks."

"For what?"

You shrugged, reaching up to ruffle his hair.

"For being here?"

He shrugged, giving you a meek smile as he flicked your forehead. "Well you were the one who let me lay on your lap when Azumi rejected me... I'll help you through your heartbreak too."

You pinched his arm, snickering as he lightly jumped and glared at you.

"I wasn't rejected, Eita-chan."

He rolled his eyes, looking to the side where your console and small TV were placed.

"Want to drown your heartache with game rage?"

You followed his eyes, sitting up as you smirked at him.

"You'll be the one ragequitting, noob."

"Kenji Kenji!"

Shirabu sighed, looking up at you skipping up to him, Kawanishi at your side.

"Why am I here again?"

"Because we're going on a date!" You grinned widely, looping your arm through his and Kawanishi's before you began walking to the front gates of the academy.

Shirabu sighed, cursing himself internally for having brought up the idea. He made a mental note to not repeat it, no matter how droopy and under the weather you looked... He'd definitely be repeating the mistake in the future though.

"I found this Latin snack shop." Kawanishi spoke up, taking his phone out of his pocket to scroll through it, turning it a couple minutes later to show you and Shirabu the location. "It's sort of far tho." He shrugged, clicking on the directions and expected time.

"I guess it's an adventure then." You hummed, smiling up at them.

-

"It really was pretty far, huh?"

The three of you walked down the street the shop was said to be at, happy to stretch your legs after the gruesome twenty minute train ride.

The boys hummed in agreement, following after you as you skipped ahead, catching glimpse of the store name from over the stone walls.

"I sure hope it's worth-" You stopped, getting cut off by your own huff as you knocked into the oh so familiar wall. Only that this wall was much shorter, given that you knocked into them and they stumbled backwards, their snacks painting your jacket with sauces. "...it."

You looked at the boy grumbling a couple steps away, his friend helping him up as he repeated some inaudible words to him.

You cocked a brow, glancing between the shady acting individuals and the sauces dripping down your jacket.

You looked up at Kawanishi, mouthing a, "Should we leave?" As he shrugged. Shirabu busy wiping away the sauce on your jacket with his handkerchief.

You reached down to hold Shirabu's hand, about to pull him away with you before the two boys stepped up to you, glaring and giving you thug-like looks as you slightly flinched.

Though it didn't last for long.

They made eye contact with you, noticing that one, you were a girl, and two, you were the Shiratorizawa girl which their senpai had been fawning over.

They stepped back, deciding to focus on you instead of the bone chilling looks the boys next to you were giving him.

You really were beautiful.

Which was a mighty great compliment considering they saw Shimizu every day.

Though before their fantasies could deepen, your face morphed into one of disgust. The click of your tongue accompanying it as you glared at them.

"Whaddaya want, dimwits?"

They gaped at you.

Small blushes painting their faces as you glared at them. Deciding to leave after they stayed like that for an uncomfortably long time.

You reached out to hold the hands of the two boys standing next to you, pulling them ahead as you ignored their gazes. Their gazes which followed you until you were out of sight, around the corner of the stone walls, and inside the snack store you had traveled so far for.

"Suga-san is definitely going to be jealous over this." Tanaka snickered, whipping out his phone and looking for his senpais contact.

"Did you hear how she called us dimwits?!" Nishinoya grinned, looking up at Tanaka as they both sighed in a loving way.

"Hello-" Sugawara answered Tanaka's phone call, getting cut off instantly as he yelled into his phone.

"We just saw your angel!"

You felt chills run down your spine as you looked through the Latin snacks. Not knowing what to start with as you looked through them, all of them being snacks you had only seen in books and TV shows before.

"I should get some for Tooru..."

-

You walked through the park, a jump in your step as you happily munched on your chicharrones and horchata. A small smile painting your face at your every bite.

"You turn into a completely new person whenever you're eating." Shirabu said plainly, eating another spoonful of his arroz con leche as you rolled your eyes, looking ahead at the exposed trees. Winter was right around the corner.

You shrugged, turning back to him and opening your mouth, glancing between his eyes and his cup of arroz con leche in his hand.

He rolled his eyes at your antics, taking a spoonful and stuffing it in your mouth as you smiled cheekily.

You stepped back, giving Kawanishi a thumbs up as he snickered at the stars forming in your eyes. Though they faltered as you looked away, only for a second, before they grew bigger and brighter and you hurriedly finished chewing the rice in your mouth.

You gulped harshly, ignoring the aching in your throat as you shot a hand up, smiling from ear to ear as you waved at the boy from across the park.

"Grey-haired kun~"

Shirabu and Kawanishi followed your gaze, their small smiles falling back into their regular frowns as they looked at the three guys standing across the park.

They recognized the grey haired fellow, but the other two weren't giving them great vibes.

Especially not the guy with a man bun who quite literally looked like a thug.

Shirabu continued to scan over their figures, Kawanishi too busy trying to stop you from choking on your food.

The trio slowly approached you, and Shirabu saw as a small frown painted the grey haired guy's face when Kawanishi gave you some of his sprite to help you down the remaining rice.

Not like it was something new anyways. You're always sharing food with them, even if it isn't very hygienic.

Once you had successfully finished choking, you looked back up at the boys now standing in front of you, turning back to Kawanishi when he wiped the tears that had fallen from your face.

The grey haired bow slightly frowned again.

Were you more than friends with him?

Or did you let just anyone be that touchy and intimate with you?

He shook himself out of his thoughts when he locked eyes with Shirabu. A small shiver going down his spine at the dark stare he was giving him.

You cleared your throat, looking back at him as you smiled widely.

"What a coincidence meeting you here, grey-haired kun." You said, looking at the other two boys as you gave them a small smile in acknowledgment.

You turned back to the grey haired boy, extending your hand as he took hold of it with no hesitation.

"Oikawa Y/N."

"Sugawara Koshi."

"It's a pleasure to meet ya, Sugawara-kun." You hummed, turning to the other two and reintroducing yourself.

"Nice to meet you two, Sawamura-kun and Azumane-kun." You nodded, stepping back and glancing between Kawanishi and Shirabu.

"Kawanishi Taichi." Kawanishi lift a hand, giving them his usual blank expression as the other boys nodded.

"Shirabu Kenjirou." Shirabu nodded in acknowledgment before taking another bite of his rice.

You opened your mouth to respond with some snarky comment before you were interrupted by a familiar voice. A voice which sent shivers down all of your spines.

"Bunny-chan~"

You turned around, instantly engulfed by Tendou's arms as he coddled you, the rest of the second years walking up besides Kawanishi and Shirabu.

You poked Tendou's side, trying to get him to let you go as he refused to budge. Not letting you see the scene before you.

The scene in which all the second years were glaring at the Karasuno boys, intimidating them deeply as Kawanishi and Shirabu mindlessly finished their snacks.

"Tori-san." You mumbled, pushing yourself away as he finally released his death grip on you.

He held you at arms length, smiling widely at you as you catched your breath, sending him a lopsided smile. "What's up?"

"We gotta head back to the dorms, bunny-chan." He hummed, pulling you along as you cocked a brow, nodding before remembering the existence of the other three boys.

You planted your feet, turning around to look at the boys as you smiled widely.

"It was a pleasure meeting you! Hopefully we'll see you around." You waved at them, waiting for their nods before skipping ahead, stealing the last bite of Shirabu's rice. The second years sending one final bone chilling glare at them before following after you.

"..."

The boys dropped their hands, watching your bodies slowly disappear in the distance.

"They're definitely overprotective."

-

"So I pushed him off the mushroom and took his first place." Matsukawa shrugged nonchalantly, setting his hands behind his head as Tooru clicked his tongue.

Iwaizumi and Hanamaki lightly snickering from behind, Matsukawa sending a sly smirk as Tooru pulled you away from him.

"Don't associate yourself with the toxics, bunny."

You lightly giggled, instinctively reaching for his hand as you stopped at an intersection. "Does pushing you out of first place in Mario Kart make you toxic?"

Tooru nodded, lightly squeezing your hand as you all crossed the road. "It does when you go from first to eight."

"You're just a sore loser."

You made it back to Hanamaki's house after buying your snacks, setting up the console and getting ready to play another game.

The boys continued to bicker between themselves as the game loaded, and while you waited, your eyes drifted to one of the closest windows. Catching sight of the little pebbles of snow sprinkling down to the ground as they joined the others in creating a soft, white mantle over the trees and dead grass.

Winter was rapidly approaching, and along with it, the holidays.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when a notification resonated throughout the room, a vibration accompanying it in your pocket.

You took it out, opening up the snapchat Kozume had sent you. Though instead of looking at a snap from Kozume, you were looking at a blotch of blonde hair, blonde hair in the form of a mohawk, two figures were behind the mohawk. One's head was cut off except for their mouth, so you could see their cat-like grin on screen. The other one was a blurred out Kozume, the picture seemed to have been taken from above with Kozume sitting on the floor.

He looked uninterested and fed up, per usual.

You lightly snickered, taking a quick screenshot before pulling up your own camera to answer.

Guessing from their uniforms, they were most likely at their qualifiers for spring high.

You took a quick selfie making a peace sign before questioning him, putting your phone back down when Tooru yelled at you that the game was starting.

You were two laps into the game when your phone started vibrating again, your ringtone blaring through its speakers.

You mindlessly answered as you brought it up to your ear, not wanting to lose your spot.

"Hello?"
"Y/N."

You automatically recognized their voice, a wide grin painted your face as you both passed Hanamaki and greeted Kozume.

"Ah, what's up Kozume? I thought you were at your games, why're you calling?"

You ignored the background noises as you swerved in front of Iwaizumi, glancing at him with a smirk before dropping your phone at Kozume's next words. "Yea I am, and this is a facetime call, we're just looking at your ear."

You lightly snickered as you shifted back, finishing off in second place before you picked up your phone and set it up in front of you, using one of the decorations on the coffee table as a stand.

You looked into the screen, noticing two boys besides him, one with the blonde mohawk and the other with the cat-like grin.

You slightly tilt your head to the side, wincing when you knocked into Hanamaki's head. You glared at him before turning back to Kozume's two companions who were now snickering at the scene.

"I thought you said she didn't have a boyfriend, Kenma?"

You cocked a brow at his words, shifting forward when the other three decided to fit into the screen to see who you were talking to.

"It looks like she has boyfriends." The one with the cat-like grin said, enunciating the last 's' before lightly giggling.

"Are you trying to set me up with Tokyo boys or something, Ken-ken?"

Kozume scowled at the nickname, waving off the other two's surprised faces before looking back at you.

"No." At this, the guy with the mohawk gasped loudly, stepping back and out of the frame as Kozume sighed. "They opened the last snap you sent me, and when you answered the one they sent they wouldn't stop harassing me until I facetimed you."

You snickered at the whole ordeal before humming.

You pulled Hanamaki in as you held his chin up so he'd look at your eyes.

"This one's my boyfriend." You said, tilting Hanamaki's face forward so he was looking at the phone screen as you leaned in and pecked his cheek.

Hanamaki instantly flushed a bright red, closing his eyes in embarrassment before Matsukawa pulled him away from you, both him and Iwaizumi pummeling Hanamaki as Tooru pulled you back into his chest, wrapping his arms around you as he glared at Hanamaki wedged under Matsukawa. Iwaizumi telling him off as he stood behind his head.

You looked back at the screen, giggling at Kozume's look of utter disgust and his friend's expressions. The one with the mohawk looked dispirited, a pout on his face as his other friend gave you a thumbs up, his mouth in the shape of a small 'o'.

"Keep your PDA to a minimum whenever you're in my presence." Kozume scowled, receiving a giggle from you as Tooru began bickering with the other three from across the room.

"Sorry, Applepi sensei."

___

It wasn't the full five weeks but,, I'm back! :}

I actually did end up writing quite a bit these past weeks so I have around three more chapters all written up.

I just have to proof-read them and we vibin'.

I'm working on chapter 49 atm sooo hopefully it'll be finished after I post all others.

Oh, I'll be posting chapters 46, 47, & 48 tomorrow and the days after, so to say, I'll post a new chapter every day - aha.

my finals went okay, didn't do as well as I'd hoped on the math one though, but my other classes weren't all bad.

Truthfully, I'm proof reading and posting this as I procrastinate on writing my synthesis essay and final exam mc due tomorrow at 8 am for Theology.

:p

apart from that, expect new chapters every day for the next three (possibly four) days >-<

Thank you for reading !!

Also, I absolutely loved popping in every now and then between my studies to check out my Wattpad notifications and find all your sweet (and funny) comments :D

Truly lightened up my day :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 6.2K 21
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐ซ๐ข๐ง. ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ. โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* After losing her sports scholarship...
1.7M 73.4K 36
Being the daughter of a prodigy volleyball player from Shiratorizawa meant that the demon coach entrusted no one else but you to manage the boys' vol...
66.5K 1.1K 173
Author: lingering Release time: 2019-02-28 Novel Link : https://m.shubaow.net/25/25000/ Suffering from a terminal illness and experiencing the end of...
2.5K 100 20
"๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐…๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐„๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐„๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐•๐ˆ๐๐†." - โ‚˜โ‚แตฃcแตคโ‚› โ‚œแตคโ‚—โ‚—แตขแตคโ‚› Cแตขcโ‚‘แตฃโ‚’ โณ-ยฐ;--| เผ หš ๏ฝกโ‹† โง—...