Seized in the Dark (gxg)

By LunaMoon926

My eyes look up from the gun to meet her gaze, but she just stays silent. I certainly did not expect a woman... More

Disclaimer
Illustrations
Ch. 1: Taken
Ch. 2: Arrival
Ch. 3: Meeting
Ch. 4: Processing
Ch. 5: Exam
Ch. 6: Shower
Ch. 7: Mistress
Ch. 8: 24 Hours
Ch. 9: Elevator
Ch. 10: The Bedroom pt. 1
Ch. 11: The Bedroom pt. 2
Ch. 13: Training
Ch. 14: Arena
Ch. 15: Submission
Ch. 16: Promise
Ch. 17: Hate
Ch. 18: Rebirth
Ch. 19: Malice
Ch. 20: Revenge pt. 1
Ch. 21: Revenge pt. 2
Ch. 22: Lazy Day pt. 1
Ch. 23: Lazy Day pt. 2
Ch. 24: AAOx3
Ch. 25: Crossroads
Ch. 26: Red
Ch. 27: Solitary
Ch. 28: Fight
Ch. 29: ...
Ch. 30: Resolved
Ch. 31: Evidence

Ch. 12: Panic

5.7K 113 72
By LunaMoon926

Where are am I? Everything was dark. My hands felt around and were met with resistance. There was a wall on every side of me. Wherever I was I couldn't get out.

I felt water rushing in the box and it was quickly filling up. It was cold and biting. I was screaming for help, but nobody answered my call.

Could anybody even hear me?

The water had gotten past my shoulders, and I tried to push myself on my tiptoes to breathe in the last of the remaining air. I was now completely submerged underwater, and my lungs were burning. They ached for air. I couldn't hold my breath anymore, my body willed me to breathe, but my mind commanded otherwise.

I was pounding at the walls, hopeful that there would be at least one person who could get me out of here. My muscles trembled and my lungs were winning the fight.

Suddenly, there was a bright ray of light shining on top of me. I was dragged out of the water and thrown to the ground. I was coughing and gasping as hard as I could. My chest heaved up and down forcefully to suck in as much air as possible.

I could feel sand under my fingers as my breathing evened out. Where am I? Why is there sand here?

I looked up to see I was in the middle of a large crowd. The faceless attendees were hollering at the spectacle, demanding more. Somebody landed a sucker punch, and I was thrown forward.

Two people grabbed my arms and tied them to two separate poles. I felt an unusual warmth penetrating my body. It was starting to hurt.

I looked down at my body and saw fire coming out from my midsection. The crowd was roaring in laughter. Their vicious thirst being satisfied, but still demanding more entertainment.

I was thrashing in the shackles, pulling my skin off. Blood was running down my abraded arms and I could see muscle under the cuffs.

I looked forward and saw both Dahlia and Mia holding burning spears. Their faces contorted into ghoulish shapes. I tried to back away from them. I could feel the skin melting under the fire emanating from my midsection.

They both gripped their spears in an attack position and plunged them straight into me.

I woke up crying, shaking and panting. My hands shot to my torso and didn't find anything, except the bruises. The lights had already been turned on by the time I woke up, so I looked around frantically. I was looking around for either Dahlia or Mia. When I turned around, I shrieked in terror and jumped back at the figure sitting before me.

I felt around for my eyeglasses until I found them and put them on. Dr. Garnett's face came into focus in between the bars. She was looking at me intently. My hands were trembling, I gripped hard onto the sheet.

"You sure do get a lot of nightmares, don't you?" She cooed. "I wonder what has you so scared? Don't get me wrong, I like to see you in pain, but only if I or any of my staff has caused it in order to teach you."

I let out a shaky breath. Please let me go.

Tears were freely falling, and I buried my face in my quaking hands.

"Please let me go. I can't stand it anymore." I implored.

"And why would I do that? I just made you mine, and there is so much more to discover about you." Her egotistical comment just broke me down even further.

"I am not yours. I am nobody's!" I wept.

"How many times must I tell you? You are my toy, my pet, my slave. That's why I put that collar on you." She replied smugly.

"I am a human being! I am not an animal! I am not yours!" I was wailing by this point. "Let me go, please!"

I got up as far as I could, hunched over in the cage, and just slammed my body onto the door. I kept repeating this trying to bust open the locked door.

"Stop that! You're just going to make things worse on yourself." There seemed to be a hint of worry in her tone.

"I don't care about anything; I just want to leave!" Anger and pain intertwined my words.

Dr. Garnett stood from the chair and grabbed the remote on her nightstand, she also opened a drawer and took something that I couldn't see out of it. She pressed down on the button, and I was convulsing on the floor of the cage until she finally stopped.

I went to get up, but she pressed the button once more. This time, the shock was the longest and most painful one I've felt so far. My muscles were contracting involuntarily, and I was left breathless and exhausted.

I was crying and shaking on the ground. She approached the cage and opened the door. I didn't have the strength to get up. She crouched in.

"Please, just let me go." I was whispering the phrase over and over again. My tear-stained face was puffy, and my eyes hurt.

"Shh, just relax. Everything will be alright." She had placed my head on her lap and was stroking my hair. She tried to calm me down, but I was just rocking back and forth, repeating the same phrase and sobbing.

Suddenly, I felt a sting on my neck and things started to get fuzzy. I felt a sensation of calmness overtake me. My eyelids were growing heavy. "Shh, just go to sleep. You won't be having any more nightmares tonight, little one." As her last words left her lips, I fell into a deep sleep.

-

When I woke up, I was met with a familiar scene. Dr. Garnett was nowhere to be seen, and Dahlia and Mia were discussing some things amongst themselves.

Déjà vu.

I groaned as I sat up and felt my limbs heavy and my thoughts still fuzzy. I put on my glasses and grunted at the pain present across my body. Yesterday's bruises had gotten bigger and darker.

Dahlia and Mia approached the cage and crossed their arms.

"You sure showed Mistress a good time yesterday! She is unusually chipper today." Mia giggled.

I didn't answer back.

Dahlia unlocked the cage and told me to get out, leaving the blanket behind.

Without the safety of the blanket, I came out of the cage and stood before them, covering myself up as best as I could.

"God, you're hitting the showers right now! You reek of sex!" Dahlia scrunched up her nose as she got closer to clip the leash on the collar.

"Yes, ma'am," I said meekly, looking at the ground.

Dahlia let out a hum of approval. She turned on her heel and I followed her without resistance.

We exited Dr. Garnett's room and entered the bathroom they had made me take a frigid bath in yesterday. I dreaded thinking about going through the same thing today.

Dahlia let me brush my teeth and relieve myself before showering. I kept thanking her every step of the way.

We moved into the shower area. I got nervous at the sight of the tub but didn't say anything, my body just tensed up.

"How about we try a different approach?" Mia said. "Since you've been docile today, why don't we let you take the shower by yourself?"

My eyes shot up to meet hers, then quickly backed down. "I'd appreciate it, ma'am. Thank you."

She handed me a bar of soap, a towel, and some clothes. Dahlia unlocked the collar and they both let me shower in peace. "We'll give you 10 minutes. Make sure to be ready by then." Dahlia assured.

"Yes, ma'am, I'll be ready." They closed the door behind them.

I turned on the shower and let the warm water run down my body. For the first time since I was taken, I was given the chance to bathe myself. It seemed insignificant, but right now it meant the world to me.

As I worked the lather into my body, I inspected every cut and bruise that I had received in less than 48 hours. I winced in pain at some of them. My fingers trailed every inch of my body. I felt vulnerable. Everything came back at once, all of my emotions and frustrations, all of my woes. I couldn't contain it any longer, my knees buckled, and I collapsed into a sobbing heap.

My arms were clutching my body as tight as they could. I wailed as my hands traveled up to my head and held on to it. I put my forehead to the ground as I cried out in resentment.

The door slammed open, and Dahlia and Mia rushed to my side. Mia turned off the water as Dahlia crouched beside me. She put a hand on my back.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Her voice was gentle. It scared me. I didn't know this side of her was able to exist. "What hurts?"

I couldn't form words. I was gasping and sobbing loudly.

"Keira, what is it?" She cooed.

"I-I can't." I managed to get out between cries.

"You can't what? Talk to me." Dahlia was being... Human?

"I can't do this anymore. Please, just let me go!" My voice was breaking.

"You know we can't do that. You belong to Mistress now. She decides what to do with you." Dahlia answered directly.

"No! I'm no one's. I can't stay here!" I tried to get up and lunge forward, but they both held me down. "I can't stay here. I can't... I can't..." My panicked breaths were extremely fast and shallow. I was shaking.

Mia wrapped a towel around me. Dahlia sat me up and held my shoulders.

"Keira, look at me." Dahlia shook me to get my attention.

I was still panicking. All the sounds were drowned out by my heartbeat pounding in my ears. I clutched my chest. It hurt and I felt like I was going to die.

Dahlia grabbed my chin and lifted it so that I would face her.

"Keira! Look at me!" She demanded but her tone was gentle. She made sure that my attention fell on her.

In between irregular breaths, I managed to lock eyes with her.

"Hey, breathe! Follow me." She started breathing rhythmically and I mirrored her direction. My breathing started to slow. "Keep it up. In and out."

When she finally accomplished getting my breathing under control, Mia handed Dahlia my clothes. They exchanged a worried look.

"Let's get you dressed and go have breakfast," Dahlia spoke ever so gently while wiping the tears from my eyes.

She stood me up and helped me into my clothes. She then put the collar on me and led me out of the bathroom.

We made our way to the cafeteria, and not once did I resist in any way. I did not care anymore, they had won.

Just like yesterday, everybody fell silent once we stepped in. I wasn't even concerned with their stares and murmurs this time.

Mia went ahead to get the food while Dahlia and I stopped at a table. Before Dahlia could say anything, I kneeled on the floor, my shoulders slumped forward, my head bowed, and my hands held in front of me.

She didn't say anything, just hummed and instead left to grab a tray of food. The crowd was commending them both on my submission.

Kristia approached me again and held up my chin. I looked at her through lidded eyes, no fight present in them. She slapped my cheek twice. It wasn't hard enough to hurt, just to get my attention and see how I would react. I didn't even flinch. I just blinked slowly and held her gaze.

"How did they break you so fast?" Her tone was sincere and questioning, it didn't hold an ounce of ridicule or sarcasm. "Broken or not, don't forget I still have an issue pending with you."

"Yes, ma'am, whatever you want." My voice was monotone. I just wanted her away from me, so I didn't care to argue.

"Tsk, at least do something, don't just stay there like a robot!" She pulled her other arm back into a fist to strike me. I didn't cower or brace myself; I just followed the arm with my eyes, waiting for it to land a hit.

As her arm rushed my way, Mia's voice cut through the air, telling Kristia to stop. Her fist stopped just shy of my abdomen. I still didn't react.

"Kristia, I think you should leave," Mia stated.

Kristia looked somewhat annoyed that she couldn't get a reaction out of me.

"I don't know what you guys did or what happened, but it's not fun lugging around a useless sack of potatoes. She won't even flinch." Kristia replied while getting up and walking out of the cafeteria.

Mia sat down at the table, followed shortly by Dahlia who stopped to place the tray of food in front of me.

"Eat," Dahlia ordered.

I was surprised that they had given me the food now and not waited until they had finished eating.

I put my hands on the floor and just ate away at the food. I would stop every once in a while, to hold my aching sides. Both Dahlia and Mia watched me as I ate. They didn't comment at any point, just observed.

After I was done eating, they handed me a bottle of water and two pills. I looked up at Dahlia with a questioning look.

"They're painkillers." She didn't say anything else.

Again, I found it weird that they weren't making any attempts at mortifying me and now they handed me something for the pain? Why?

Once they had finished their food, Dahlia grabbed the leash and softly tugged on it to indicate for me to stand up.

We exited the cafeteria and met with Dr. Garnett in her office.

When we entered, she was just finishing up a conversation with two female soldiers who promptly left.

As soon as Dahlia had stopped walking, I kneeled before being told to.

"How are you feeling, little one?" Dr. Garnett walked our way.

"Fine, Mistress," I answered in the same monotone voice as before.

Dr. Garnett hummed suspiciously at my response and narrowed her eyes at me but didn't say anything. She just stared at me.

"We need to talk, Mistress. There's been an incident." Dahlia interjected while signaling to me with her chin.

Dr. Garnett raised a brow and ordered me to go sit on the couch, while Dahlia and Mia talked to her.

"Yes, Mistress." My dreary voice rang out. I walked slowly to the couch and sat down. My head drooped and my hands lay limply on my lap.

I heard the three of them murmur amongst themselves, then I heard three pairs of shoes walking my way.

Dr. Garnett's heels stopped at my right, and I felt her sit next to me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dahlia sit on my left, so that means that Mia is standing behind me.

I felt Dr. Garnett's hand placed on my back and yet again I didn't react. Her hand rubbed circles on my back.

She spoke calmly and softly at me. "Keira, sweetheart, I heard about what happened in the shower. Is there anything you want to tell me?"

What else am I going to tell her that I haven't already said? What's the point of going through the same thing repeatedly? It's clear that anything I try to do ends up with me worse for wear. I don't want to lose myself, but they are breaking me more and more each time.

I thought I was stronger.

A simple 'no' is all I can say to her. I don't care to talk to her.

She gently grabs my chin and directs my face to hers. "Look at me."

My lidded eyes lock with hers. My apathetic expression showing no signs of interest in engaging her.

"Keira..." She lingered on my name, unsure of how to proceed. "I don't like to see my pet suffering like this, being emotionless. I was clear with my rules and what I expected out of you. If you had behaved, you wouldn't have gotten punished the way you were, but you chose otherwise. There are consequences for your actions, and I have to teach you obedience one way or another."

How dense can one person be? I didn't choose to be hers. I didn't choose to come here. I am purely and utterly flabbergasted at her words; they triggered my rage. I can't comprehend how in her mind she isn't culpable for any of this.

"As my pet, you are to put it out of your mind. I don't want to hear you say ever again that you don't belong to me --"

"But I don't." I finally spoke up, cutting her off. I was boiling on the inside. I might not have cared before but hearing her talk like that to me sets me off every time.

Her hand stopped rubbing circles on my back. My jaw clenched.

In the blink of an eye, she had backhanded me with the hand that was holding my chin. "Excuse me?" Her tone was ominous.

My hand went up to hold my stinging cheek.

"Would you care to run that by me again, pet?" I could feel her gentle façade fading away, her true colors showing again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I glared at her, hesitant of what I should do next. My breathing was starting to deepen. My nostrils flared.

"You belong to me, and I decide what happens to you." The air of superiority surrounding her almost made me gag.

"I. Am. NOT. Yours." I turned to look square in her eyes. "Get that through your thick skull."

I felt the preemptive strike of Mia grabbing onto my shoulders, while Dahlia grabbed my wrists. Dr. Garnett didn't hit me, instead, she smiled, pleased at what had happened. A devious sparkle raced across her eyes. An idea had popped into her head.

"Oh, Keira, Keira, Keira. You simple sweet girl." She started petting my head then ran her hand down to cup my cheek. "I'm not going to fight you anymore on this matter. If you don't want to understand that you are my property, I guess I don't have a choice but to leave you with a reminder so that you won't question my authority ever again."

I looked at her questioningly but didn't say anything. I didn't understand what she was referring to.

How can these people go from sadistic and abusive to seemingly caring and back to abusive as if nothing happened?

She stood up and addressed Dahlia and Mia.

"Make sure to take her with you while you train the recruits. Have her take part in the session. Afterward, meet me in the Arena in about two hours."

"Will do, Mistress." Both responded in unison.

Dr. Garnett left to look over at the paperwork that was piled on her desk.

"Let's go," Dahlia ordered as she tugged on the leash. 

------
A/N

Hello everyone!

Guess what? It's another happy Friday, which means another update!

Once again, thank you for the continued support. Over 1k views and 40 votes in one week! I am surprised, to say the least. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️

Also this week, the book reached a Top Ranking of #1 in Trapped, #2 in Tortured, and #3 in Medical.

FYI, things are going to get darker. I won't add trigger warnings because honestly, the entire book is a trigger warning. That's what the disclaimer at the beginning is for.

Anyways, have a great weekend and stay hydrated over the summer.

As always, share, vote, comment, and feedback.

I like to hear from you/read your comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.9K 87
Gwen, desperate to feel something, kills someone. But she quickly learns that one kill is never enough. Can Gwen stop before she turns on her own fam...