The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

By mangoezhoez

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... More

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
8. First Practice
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
19. Next Time
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
45. Engawa
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
62. Cherry Blossom Tears
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
86. Athletic Festival
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
95. Kanari
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

44. Thank You

2.4K 117 28
By mangoezhoez

First off, thank y'all for 1k votes like — love y'all with my whole whole heart 😩♥️♥️
Thank y'all for reading😚♥️
______

"Okay Wakatoshi-kun, you know the plan right?"

Ushijima nodded, looking ahead as Tendou snickered at his side, setting his hands up behind his head as they walked ahead.

You skipped up to them, slapping Tendou's back with a snicker as he stumbled forward, turning to glare at you as you smiled brightly.

"What're you two planning?"

Tendou immediately shot up, waving his hands before getting interrupted by Ushijima.

"Tendou told me to say "you should've come to Shiratorizawa" to Oikawa when I see him at the game."

"Wakatoshi-kun! It was supposed to be our secret!" Tendou whined, setting his hands on Ushijima's shoulders as he looked at him with a mix of fear and nervousness.

"You never specified that, Tendou."

"And that wasn't even the worst part!"

Tooru looked over at you as he stopped his pacing in front of the TV in the living room. An exasperated look painted on his face, contrasting to the light blue and white from his volleyball club tracksuit.

"Oh really? Then what was?" Your older sister piped in as she peeked her head in from the window between the living room and kitchen.

"He said," Tooru cleared his throat while straightening up and showing the straightest, calmest face he could muster.

"You should've come to Shiratorizawa—can you believe that?!"

You looked at them bicker back and forth, lightly snorting when the memory of Tooru flashed through your head.

Tendou stilled, slowly cranking his head back to look at you. "B...bunny-chan?"

"So it was you Tori-san." You snickered, ignoring their confused stares as you looked ahead at the approaching buses. "Makes sense, didn't really think Wakkun would come up with that." You shrugged, leaving them behind as you ran up to Kawanishi and Shirabu.

"What's she talking about?"

Ushijima looked at Tendou, pondering on the idea for a bit.

"I did tell Oikawa Tooru that once." He hummed, causing Tendou to gape at him before questioning him further.

"I saw him on one of my runs and told him he should've come to Shiratorizawa, he seemed offended after I said it though." He shrugged, nodding at Reon before getting onto the bus.

Tendou held back a snicker as he put his bag on top of the seats.

"I wonder why~"

-

"Shiratorizawa!... Shiratorizawa!"

"Remember, don't get caught up in their schemes and play like you always have." Kojima tapped on his board, looking up at all of you circled around him, unbothered by the camera. "Even so. That doesn't mean you have to play like goody two shoes. If they're playing rough, we'll play rougher and with a clear head. Okay?"

Everyone hummed, the ref blowing the whistle to indicate the timeout had ended.

"Okay now get out there and show 'em who's boss!" He grinned, receiving a loud "yes!" before all the starters started running back onto the court.

Shiratorizawa v Niiyama 1-1

17-10

You caught the ball, slightly jumping up in your spot as you looked over to the other side of the court.

Keep a clear head

Coach Kojima's words replayed in your head, the refs whistle ringing in the background as you brought the ball up in front of you.

You locked eyes with your predetermined rival across the court, too concentrated to smirk at her as you threw the ball up.

You stepped up after it, planting your feet as you used the momentum to jump even higher. Your cheeks puffed as you swung your arm back, the farthest and with the most strength you could muster. You swung at the ball, sending it flying to the other side of the court, straight at the girl from before.

The smirk you had been too concentrated to show before, now painted your face as she looked back over at you, the ball having just bounced off her arms and towards the wall behind her.

"Nice Y/N!"

You looked towards the center of your court, catching Nakamoto smiling widely at you as she gave you a big thumbs up.

You smiled back returning her thumbs up as Nakayama snickered at the encounter on the sidelines.

You caught the ball once more, stepping behind the end line to bounce and twirl it.

My mind's always clear

-

You sighed, standing up from your crouching position as you looked up at the scoreboard.

Shiratorizawa v Niiyama 2-1

6-8

You nodded, looking at the other side of the court to see Niiyama rejoicing at their past point. The past point being a dump their setter had pulled.

To say you were pissed, would be an understatement. Especially after she grinned at you, the same exact grin Tooru gave you whenever he'd pull things like these.

"Y/N."

You hummed, taking off your apron to look at him questioningly. "What?"

"What's this?" He scowled, looking down at the bowl you had set in front of him.

"It's ginseng leaf salad."

"I know that!" Tooru shrieked, standing up to loom over you. "But why are you giving me salad when mamma recently bought beef?"

You shrugged, pulling out the chair to sit down as you grabbed your cup of water.

"We have finals tomorrow Nii-chan. We can't be eating heavy."

Tooru scoffed, starting a small fight as you bickered back and forth. Your mother eventually walked in and told the both of you off for making so much noise, so he sat down. Forcefully eating the salad as he accepted his defeat.

You dined in comfortable silence, the only noise filling the room being that of the crunching of your salads.

"Do you ever get overwhelmed?"

You crunched on another piece of salad, glancing up at Tooru as you slowly nodded.

"In the sense that I wonder whether I'm doing anything right, or, overthinking every little thing I've done?" You asked, tilting your head as he glanced up at you, holding your eyes for a couple seconds before looking back down with a shrug.

"Both?"

"I've definitely gotten anxious to the point that I felt like I couldn't breathe..." You drifted off, ignoring the concerned stare Tooru was giving you. "But, it passes." You nodded, taking another bite of your salad as Tooru sighed.

"How?"

You shrugged, knowing exactly what he was asking although he only said one simple word.

"I think of my dreams."

Tooru fully looked up at you, catching your eyes already trained on his as you gave him a small smile.

"Your... dreams?"

You nodded, leaning back into your chair as you looked up at the light hanging over the dining table.

"I have to see whether that Olympic gold medal is real or fake." You hummed, glancing down at him scoff at you, small smile painting his face. "But I don't think my worries match up to yours."

Tooru stilled, looking back at you as he raised a brow.

"I don't have the pressure of being the best setter, nor do I have to worry about two geniuses tearing me down." You grinned, ignoring his glare as you leaned back down on the table. "The only thing I worry about when playing a game is winning, because if we lose, that means our seniors can't play another game."

You puffed your cheeks, hitting the ball as hard and as accurately as you could. The ball shot down next to their libero, bouncing away as the ref blew her whistle, indicating another point for Shiratorizawa.

You landed, smiling brightly at Osaki who double high-fived you. Nakamoto coming up to ruffle your hair soon after.

Yea

You looked at all your seniors walking together to the bench, another time out having just been called.

I can't let this game be their last

-

Shiratorizawa v Niiyama 2-1

18-21

You breathed out, catching the ball in your hands as you started walking behind the end line again. You twirled the ball in your hands a couple times, getting a good feel of it before turning around.

You looked across the court, trying to come up with your play as other thoughts bombarded you.

Tobio's finals should be starting right about now too.

I wonder how Nii-Chan's game is going.

Is Shiratorizawa winning again?

How much money do I have? Is that enough to buy Tooru a week's supply of milk bread?

The ref's whistle pulled you out of your thoughts. You put your arm up, looking at the volleyball as you glanced across the other side of the court. You hummed, throwing the ball up as you followed after it. You puffed your cheeks, jumping up as you channeled all the strength you could muster to your arm, swinging at your fullest potential before you started falling. Doubts suddenly swarm within you as you realized you sacrificed accuracy for strength.

The ball bounced near the end line.

You held your breath as you looked up at the line ref, his flag down as he looked up at the ref, the whistle indicating it another point for Shiratorizawa.

You looked down at your redinning palm, clutching it tightly as you smiled up at Mori in front of you.

Lucky

You caught the ball again, bouncing it as you shut out all the thoughts rushing through your head.

You lift the ball up before you again, this time making up your mind to aim at the upper left corner. Practicing your accuracy.

You threw the ball up, following after it before planting your feet on the ground.

You jumped up, swinging your arm back before swinging it forward and shooting the ball to the other side of the court.

Niiyama's receiver knelt to the side, picking it up with a huff as the rest of Niiyama started their formation.

You landed back onto the floor, instantly shifting to receiving position.

You slightly bent your knees, lifting your feet off the ground for easier movement when their spiker jumped up.

You looked at her form, slightly relaxing when she spiked at Goto instead.

Goto bumped it up with ease, Nakamoto instantly shifting underneath it as she glanced around.

In the blink of an eye she had set the ball to Mori. Mori spiked down the quick, sending it ricocheting off the receivers arms and off court.

"Nice kill Mo-ri! Mori! Mori!"

"Nice kill Mori-san!" You smiled at Mori, getting a nod and thumbs up in return.

You catched the ball and stepped back again, twirling and bouncing the ball before starting your approach.

You started it just as you would for any other serve, planting your feet, jumping high, swinging your arm back and puffing your cheeks.

Only that this time, you lowered your strength at the last second and spiked at the front.

Their setter and spiker dug forward, missing the ball as the ref blew the whistle, giving Shiratorizawa the tying point.

Shiratorizawa v Niiyama 2-1

21-21

You hummed in content, watching as the ball rolled on the court towards the ball boy.

Fun

-

"They're not giving up." Nakamoto breathed heavily, looking towards the other side of the court. Niiyama huddled up around their coach as she talked to them with a serious, scary looking face.

"Neither are we. We're two points off Yuri, they must be feeling the pressure by now." Nakayama grinned, setting a hand on Nakamoto's shoulder as she took a sip of her water.

"You're both right." Kojima hummed, setting his hands on his hips as he looked at the starters spread around him. "Continue playing as you have up to this point, don't rush it, don't downplay it, just play like you always have. Play for the fun of it, not because we're trying to go to nationals." He nodded, closing his eyes as he brought a hand up to his hair.

"Well actually... do play like you want to go to nationals, because we obviously want to go to nationals." He gave the team a lopsided smile, his hands spread out to the sides as he corrected his last words. The team giggled lightly, nodding along to his statement. "But have fun. You all play better when you're having fun." He finished, a light tint of red painting his cheeks in embarrassment as the team hummed. The cameraman holding back his snicker as Kojima stopped himself from glaring at the camera.

The refs whistle blew, pulling everyone back to court for the game to continue.

"Okay now go out there and finish this!" He smiled, high-fiving the seven starters as you all nodded in agreement.

You jogged back to court, Goto and Nakamoto coming up beside you.

"This next one's for you, Oi-chan." Goto grinned, leaving you behind with Nakamoto as she jogged to her spot.

"We're doing the switchy switchy Y/N-chan." Nakamoto whispered into your ear, giving you a huge grin before she jogged back to her own spot.

You sighed, already knowing what she had in store for you with the "switchy switchy."

Shiratorizawa v Niiyama 2-1

25-25

You walked up to your spot, not sparing a glance to the girl before you as you remained concentrated on their server.

Knowing Mo...Yuri-san

You sighed, correcting yourself in your thoughts after the last silly argument you had gotten into with your senior.

"Nakamoto-san!"

Nakamoto turned around, meeting your eyes as she pouted.

"Y/N-chan." She whined, flinging her body forward as you looked at her in confusement. She walked up to meet you halfway into the classroom, her shoulders dropped as everyone ignored her. The rest of the third years not even sparing her a glance after getting used to her antics. "Why do you act like we're so distant." She looked up at you, clutching her heart as she scrunched her eyebrows together.

"What do you mean, Moto-san?"

Nakamoto sighed, standing up fully to look into your eyes.

"Call me "Yuri-san," no more of this distant "Nakamoto-san" or "Moto-san.""

You tilt your head to the side, confused as to what she was getting at.

"But Moto-san... I think I'm the only one who calls you "Moto-san," the rest of the girls call you "Nakamoto-senpai" or "Nakamoto-san." Well except for the other third years-"

"Enough excuses Y/N-chan!" She cut you off, bringing her arm over her eyes as she dramatically stepped away from you.

"If you don't call me Yuri-san from now on you'll no longer be my favorite kouhai!" She looked back at you, scrunching her eyebrows in mock seriousness as she stopped herself from grinning widely.

"I-uh..."

You drifted off, not knowing how to respond before she stumbled forward. Nakayama behind her with her hand placed where Nakamoto's head used to be.

"Ow Mieko! What the heck!" Nakamoto whined, turning around to glare at Nakayama.

Nakayama rolled her eyes, crossing her arms as she looked back up at you.

"I already got the news from coach Y/N-chan, you're free to go. I'll update Yuri on it."

You hummed, bowing slightly before shooting up and smiling widely at Nakayama.

"Alright, thank you Mieko-san!"

You finished, jogging back to your classroom to finish your lunch.

"Oi! How come she calls you Mieko-san but she can't call me Yuri-san?!" Nakamoto shot up, whining again as she followed after Nakayama.

"Cuz I'm her favorite." Nakayama shrugged, tumbling backwards when Nakamoto kicked the back of her knees.

"My as—Oi! I was just playing!" Nakamoto shrieked, running away from Nakayama as she lifted her hand again.

You looked at their server, seeing her breathe in as she waited for the refs whistle.

Knowing Yuri-san, she probably wants me to dump it since I'm in the front row.

You looked up, watching the ball glide over to Shiratorizawa's part of the court.

You caught Nakamoto's eye, watching her grin widely at you as she stepped back, ready to start her approach.

You inwardly shivered, getting pulled out your thoughts when Goto called your name.

"Oi-chan!"

"Hai~" You shifted under the ball, glancing to the sides as you took in everyone's positions. Both on your side of the court and the other.

You inwardly shivered once more, remembering all the crash courses Tooru had given you about how to set. You straightened your body and lifted your hands, you made the basket shape Tooru had told you about and breathed in one last time.

You jumped up, making sure your limbs were straight as you looked over at Nakamoto jumping up to spike. You glanced at the blockers eyes locked on her, ready to step over when the ball left your hands.

You brought your hands up as to set, but the second one of their blockers started stepping to the side, you put down your left hand, dumping it over their heads with your right as they stiffened.

The ball graciously fell to the ground, bouncing off the court as their libero and spiker pancaked for it. Missing by seconds.

You landed seconds after Nakamoto, slightly tumbling backwards when she lunged herself at you.

"That's what I was talking about Y/N-chan!" She grinned, pulling back to look into your eyes at arm's length. "Good job."

You hummed, shifting to your new spot as Osaki stepped back to serve.

You brought your hands up, ready to block as the sound of Osaki bouncing the ball resonated through your ears.

You inwardly sighed.

Thank the volleyball gods that it worked

You hummed, looking up to see the ball flying across the court.

You bent your knees, ready to move either way but stopped, instead watching as the ball flew back to your side of the court. Only that it was closer to the sidelines than your court.

Kaneko ran forward, trying to bump it back for the team to finish, but instead flopped onto the ground after tripping on her own feet.

You cringed, the sound of her body flopping onto the ground being an abnormally painful one.

The ref blew her whistle, ending the game as the girls from her team ran over to her, bombarding her with questions.

"Shiratorizawa! Shiratorizawa!"

End of fourth set

Shiratorizawa - Niiyama

25-21

23-25

25-19

27-25

-

"Hurry up you freaking slow poke!" You breathed heavily, glancing back at Shirabu struggling to catch up to you.

"Why... is it that... you can run this far... even after playing four straight sets?" He answered between breaths, planting his feet down when you briskly stopped.

"Conditioning Kenji, it comes in handy."

Shirabu rolled his eyes, stopping next to you as he followed your gaze towards the doors to the gym. A group of junior high students in white and blue tracksuits coming out.

"Guess you missed their game."

You nodded, taking in the expressions on each of the kids faces.

"I think they lost."

"What makes you say that?" Shirabu asked, glancing between you and the group of boys.

"Their faces. It's like a mix of anger and sadness."

Shirabu hummed, sticking his hands into his pockets as his eyes landed on a boy steps away from the first group of volleyball guys.

His face was scrunched up, and he was glaring down at the floor, his black hair and dark eyes looking awfully familiar.

"Y-" He glanced at you, stopping when he saw your eyebrows scrunched up together, an emotion in your eyes unknown to him. "I'm going to go get a juice real quick, I'll let you talk to your friend." He nodded back at the vending machines in the convenience store a block away.

You looked back at him, giving him a small smile as you nodded. "Thanks Kenji."

He hummed, turning around and walking back down the path you had just run up.

"Tobio!"

You ran up towards the boy glaring down at the ground below him. He looked up at the call of his name, his glare faltering as he locked eyes with you running towards him.

"Tobio!" You smiled widely, reaching out to drape an arm around his shoulders as he grumbled under his breath.

"How were your finals?" You asked, hoping your previous assumption was wrong.

"We lost."

Your smile faltered as you quietly hummed, looking ahead at the rest of the boys splitting up their own ways.

"Well you can't win 'em all." You nodded, squeezing his shoulder as a way to comfort him.

He shrugged you off, stepping away as he glared at you.

"That's easy for you to say."

"Tobio?" You tilt your head, stepping up to him as he stepped back again.

"You're a starter, you're in the whole game and your team loves you."

"Well you're a starter too Tobio." You gave him a small smile, trying to lift the mood a bit.

"I got subbed out today." He said through gritted teeth, glaring back down at the concrete beneath him.

"That's okay Tobio, I'm sure sensei only did it for you to clear your head. I know how nervous you where for today's game-"

"No Y/N! You don't get it." He interrupted you, biting his bottom lip as he looked at you with narrowed eyes. "They walked away from me. Sensei subbed me out because I wasn't useful for the team."

"Don't say that Tobio, you're an amazing setter, you're a vital player for the team's success." You hummed, giving him a small smile as you tried stepping up to him again, buffering when he stepped back.

"You wouldn't get it Y/N. You don't know what it's like to be subbed out because you're no longer needed, you don't know what's it like to get dirty stares from your teammates and constantly be whispered about by them... you don't get it."

You stilled, watching his eyes begin to water as your heart sank.

The last time you saw Kageyama cry would've been back in his first year of junior high, and that was after he fell off a tree and twisted his ankle.

You stepped up again, reaching up to wipe his tears away but flinched when he looked away. He sniffed up his falling snot, talking with his back to you.

"Leave me alone."

And with that, he walked away, and all you were left with was a sinking feeling in your chest as you looked at Kageyama's back disappear into the colors of the sunset.

You sighed, turning around as you began walking down towards the convenience store, Shirabu lazily leaning against a wall as he sipped on his juice.

He caught sight of you from his peripheral vision and stood up right, slightly frowning when he saw you walking back with your back slumped.

He sighed, reaching into his pocket for the extra juice he had bought you as he met you halfway.

He silently handed you your favorite juice, not bothering you with useless questions as you both walked back to Shiratorizawa in silence.

Only the sound of the passing cars and slow wind filling the silence between the two of you.

The occasional sip of your juice box joining in.

You continued in such silence until you reached the Shiratorizawa campus, and just as you were about to split up to go to your respective buildings you turned towards Shirabu. Giving him a small warm smile, one he noticed was filled with the same unknown emotion from before.

"Thank you."

_____
Uahaha, and now I will come bearing bad news.
I will be taking an approximately five week hiatus from posting.
I'm okay, lol, but my grades ain't 😀
Nah, but I have test spread out over the course of the next five weeks so I gotta concentrate and study to pass them🙁
I'll come back soon!
Hopefully I'll come back outta the hiatus with a new chapter 😩
Since I'll technically be taking a hiatus from posting, not writing itself—so I'll (hopefully) be writing every now and then to relieve some of my never ending exam stress.
That's it, once again, thank you for reading!! ♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 45.5K 44
Trying to get over her long-time unrequited love, Amari confesses to Sakusa with the expectations of being rejected. That is, until he agrees. #1 - s...
146K 3.8K 33
y/n, a new ex-wire in True Cross Academy, meets every possible personality there. But can't get whats different about Rin and his younger brother, Yu...
59.2K 4.3K 46
αž•αŸ’αžαžΎαž˜αž…αŸαž‰αž–αžΈαž’αŸ’αž“αž€αž”αž˜αŸ’αžšαžΎαž€αŸ’αž“αž»αž„αž—αžΌαž˜αž·αž‚αŸ’αžšαžΉαŸ‡αž›αŸ„αž€αž‚αž αž”αžαžΈαž€αŸ’αž›αžΆαž™αžαŸ’αž›αž½αž“αž‡αžΆαžŸαŸ†αžŽαž–αŸ’αžœαž…αž·αžαŸ’αžαž›αŸ„αž€αž‚αž αž”αžαžΈαžŸαž„αŸ’αž αžΆαžšαžαŸ’αžšαžΉαž˜αž˜αž½αž™αž–αž–αŸ’αžšαž·αž…αž—αŸ’αž“αŸ‚αž€αžαžΎαžŸαŸ’αž“αŸαž αžΆαžšαžœαžΆαž„αž’αŸ’αž“αž€αž–αžΈαžšαž“αž·αž„αž‘αŸ…αž‡αžΆαž™αŸ‰αžΆαž„αžŽαžΆαž”αžΎαž…αž„αŸ‹αžŠαžΉαž„αž…αž»αž…αž’αžΆαž“αž‘αŸ…πŸ€­πŸ€
32.8K 560 36
Yue Tanaka works at the Butterfly Estate as a helper, she's Giyuu Tomioka cousin and she's also working her way up to become a Hashira. Shinjuro Ren...