Seized in the Dark (gxg)

By LunaMoon926

My eyes look up from the gun to meet her gaze, but she just stays silent. I certainly did not expect a woman... More

Disclaimer
Illustrations
Ch. 1: Taken
Ch. 2: Arrival
Ch. 3: Meeting
Ch. 4: Processing
Ch. 5: Exam
Ch. 6: Shower
Ch. 8: 24 Hours
Ch. 9: Elevator
Ch. 10: The Bedroom pt. 1
Ch. 11: The Bedroom pt. 2
Ch. 12: Panic
Ch. 13: Training
Ch. 14: Arena
Ch. 15: Submission
Ch. 16: Promise
Ch. 17: Hate
Ch. 18: Rebirth
Ch. 19: Malice
Ch. 20: Revenge pt. 1
Ch. 21: Revenge pt. 2
Ch. 22: Lazy Day pt. 1
Ch. 23: Lazy Day pt. 2
Ch. 24: AAOx3
Ch. 25: Crossroads
Ch. 26: Red
Ch. 27: Solitary
Ch. 28: Fight
Ch. 29: ...
Ch. 30: Resolved
Ch. 31: Evidence

Ch. 7: Mistress

7.2K 119 36
By LunaMoon926

Kristia approached Nivia and handed her a bundle of clothes. I was thankful that I would have something to put on. Since I was still quite unsteady on my feet, Nivia helped me put on my clothes. Just like the trainees, I was dressed in a gray T-shirt and navy-blue shorts. To my dismay, I was not handed underwear of any kind.

Once I was dressed, both Nivia and Kristia started walking me out of the shower area and stopped next to the sinks. Kristia handed me a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste, commanding me to brush my teeth. I didn't protest. I don't know how long it has been since I was taken, and I wanted the luxury of being clean.

Also, speaking of which, I was starving! Last time I ate was at 7pm, as I normally do, so that when I get home at around 10:45pm I would have a small meal before bed, usually a bowl of cereal, nothing too heavy.

I haven't seen a clock around this place. Let me correct that, I haven't paid attention to anything above eye level. I have been too busy paying attention to the hallways and trying to get out of here that I seriously don't know if there was ever a clock on any wall that I've passed by.

My stomach grumbled audibly. Kristia raised a brow at me but didn't say anything about it. I took the toothbrush and toothpaste from her hand and turned towards the sink, not daring to make eye contact through the mirror.

I gripped the sink to steady myself because things still felt like they were swirling about. My guards stayed at either side of me.

That was awkward.

Nivia kept a hand on my shoulder, but it seemed to be more for steadying me rather than a preventative escape measure.

I took as long as I could to brush my teeth, savoring every brush stroke, not knowing if it was going to be my last. Kristia caught on to what I was doing. A hand forcefully gripped the back of my neck and pushed my head down towards the sink.

"Spit it out! Rinse right the fuck now!" Kristia seethed. Her grip remained steady.

I rinsed and dried myself off with the back of my hand, since I wasn't handed anything to dry myself off with.

Kristia lifted my head and made me face her. I handed her the toothbrush and toothpaste back. "We're finally going to Mistress's bedroom. If we get in trouble for the little stunt you pulled and the time you wasted, you're going to regret it once we get our hands on you again. You'd better not try anything else on our way to her bedroom unless you want to double your punishment. Am I understood?"

My shoulders were tense. I still had some difficulty understanding everything they were saying. Sometimes their words would get jumbled with my thoughts as my head kept hurting. I just looked innocently into her eyes without answering.

"Are you deaf, stupid, or what? Answer me!" She dug her nails deeper into my shoulders and shook me back and forth. I let out a small whimper and tried to back away.

Nivia stepped in once again when I didn't answer. "Take it slow, Kristia. I think she's still suffering the effects of the concussion."

Kristia tsked and scoffed, pushing me backwards as she let go of my shoulders. I stumbled back and gripped the sink to steady myself once again.

"Useless! If this gets us in trouble, I swear she's got another thing coming." Kristia told Nivia as she put her hands on her hips.

Nivia approached me and gently put one hand on my shoulder and the other one cupping my chin. She spoke slowly. "We're going to Mistress's bedroom now. Please behave."

"Yes, ma'am." I said in a low tone while grabbing the side of my head. My stomach rumbled even louder this time.

Nivia chuckled. "When was the last time you ate?"

"7pm ma'am."

"Oh sure, that she hears." Kristia scoffed.

"Let's get moving." Nivia stated, giving a sideways glance to Kristia.

I was led out of the bathroom and down the hallway where the trainees had been. Looks like they had finished training because the floor was now deserted.

We went into the elevator and Kristia pressed B10 as she flashed her badge on the scanner.

As we were making our way deeper into this lair, I decided to ask them for the time. I wanted to at least have an inkling of how much time had passed since I was taken and if anybody would notice.

Those were hopeful thoughts.

It's not like I had anybody to go back to. My father had died, and me and my mom were not close at all. Our relationship was more business-like than anything else.

I had been waiting for years until I was old enough to move away to college and say goodbye to my old life. After my dad had died, when I was 7 years old, my mom had fallen into a deep depression and had taken up drinking and drugs. At first, I blamed her for acting in such a way, but as I grew older, I forgave her. The loss had been so sudden and unexpected, she didn't have time to process it. Afterwards, she never sought any help, and just spiraled down into self-destruction. I finally understood that it wasn't entirely her fault, I only faulted her for not wanting to seek outside help.

I would call my mom maybe once a month to check in. Overall, I didn't really have much of a family to fall back on, and I grew up to be self-sufficient to not depend on anyone for anything. I liked to keep things that way, it was easier, less of a letdown when people didn't live up to my expectations. I know it sounds harsh, but when you grow up alone, you learn that you can't really trust anyone, everyone is out to help themselves.

I didn't want any more heartbreak in my life, that's the reason I always failed to get intimate with anyone. It's a deep-rooted fear, that I don't know if I'll ever be able to overcome, if not, I already resigned to living alone the rest of my life. It might seem sad, but it's practical.

"It's 2:37am. Why? Is there someplace you need to be?" Kristia ridiculed.

"Just curious." I looked down, twirling my thumbs. My thoughts were swirling once more as I was trying to piece the timeline since I was taken. I had to grab my head once more. Thinking too much made it hurt again.

Nivia rubbed my shoulder. "How are you feeling?" She spoke softly. I was surprised she was taking such an interest in me. She was speaking to me like a human being and not an animal! If only Kristia could take a page from Nivia's book.

"My head still hurts, especially whenever I try to think too much, and I'm feeling exhausted."

She hummed concernedly, "Your head's probably going to be like that for a couple of days."

"Serves her right, shouldn't have tried to run." Kristia spat.

I glared her way. Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't the one who asked to be kidnapped. Bitch.

The glance in Kristia's eyes was daring me to act out. I sighed and turned my head toward the elevator doors. I didn't want to get to Dr. Garnett's bedroom, but I also couldn't get myself out of this situation.

The elevator dinged as the doors opened, and I gulped nervously. Kristia shoved me forwards into another hallway. Unlike the other hallways I had been in, this one was by far wider and shorter. There were a couple of doors on either side of the corridor, but of course I know none of those will be her room. Of course, her bedroom would be the one at the end with the large, ornate double doors. Of course. I'm sensing a pattern here.

We made our way into the bedroom, and holy mother of all that is divine, it was huge!

The room had a red and black décor. There was a four-poster king-size bed to the far side of the room with a plush bench close to it. Two bedside tables and lamps flanked each side of the bed. Other than that, it was weird that the area where the bed was seemed empty compared to the rest of the room. There seemed to be some things hanging from the wall in that empty space. Loops, maybe? Knowing what I've seen from this shitty place, it most probably is.

There was also a living room type area to the right with couches, a coffee table, a TV and even a small table with chairs, a desk, and a large bookcase to the left, and two sets of closed doors to the right side of the room. There was also a lot of space to walk around between each area.

Dr. Garnett was sitting on one of the couches reading a book. As soon as she saw us enter, she set it down on the coffee table.

"What took you so long?" She asked in an irritated manner, then her eyes settled on me. "What's wrong with her?"

I was still holding my head and still walking a bit wobbly.

"Sorry, Mistress, she gave us quite a bit of trouble." Kristia spoke.

Dr. Garnett raised an eyebrow. "And?"

"And she tried to escape, so we chased after her." Kristia replied. I sensed she was purposely trying to directly avoid answering the question.

"Then why is she holding her head and walking weird?" She was striding towards us.

Kristia and Nivia shared a look between themselves but didn't answer quickly enough. Dr. Garnett was now standing in front of us. I felt Kristia's grip on my shoulder tighten and her arm tensing.

"What. Happened?" She growled low and menacingly.

Nivia spoke up. "Um...when she tried to escape, we tackled her to the ground, and she hit her head. At first, she wasn't responding to her name until a few moments later, then she threw up, and has been in sort of a confused daze since. I think she might have been concussed."

Dr. Garnett asked them a series of questions, and they answered in detail what had happened and how I felt afterwards. Dr. Garnett's voice was progressively increasing and sounding angrier by the second.

"You gave her traumatic brain injury? Seriously?" Dr. Garnett was half shouting, which made me cower back since it exacerbated my headache. "I gave you both a simple task, and yet you managed to screw it up? How are you my top two soldiers when you can't even keep her under control? Shameful! You'll be getting double shifts for two weeks with no additional pay. Let's see if you manage to shape up. Tell Dahlia and Mia they are now to report to me. I'll decide after two weeks if I'll want you back. Now get out of my sight."

Nivia and Kristia left silently. As the doors closed behind them, there was a reverberating echo. I was now alone with this woman. My thoughts whirled once again. I was going to have to deal with two new monsters.

Dr. Garnett circles me and tsks. "I can't believe I won't be able to play with you tonight. Such a shame." Even though I got mad at the way she was talking to me, I didn't do anything but stand there. This wasn't my fight to pick. "As much as I want to take my new toy for a spin, I don't want you passing out on me. Consider yourself lucky because you've just earned one full day of immunity. My staff and I will be observing you for any warning signs regarding your concussion, in the meantime, no one is to physically hurt you."

She walked closer to me with her hands extended. I took three steps back, not knowing what she was planning. "Stay still, I just want to examine your head and your wounds. I promise I won't hurt you. At least not yet."

Oh sure, that was reassuring.

She approached me once again, and this time I didn't back away. She gently examined the bruises on the back of my head and my face. I winced when she touched them, but she quickly shushed me. My stomach grumbled loudly as she was examining me, and I just dropped my face in embarrassment. She cupped my jaw and made me look at her.

"It sounds like you are starving. Would you like me to order you some food?" She cooed.

My eyes lit up in surprise. She chuckled warmly.

"I'll take that as a yes. Go sit at the table while I call someone down."

I did as I was told because she was being sympathetic, and I did want to eat. While I was sitting, Dr. Garnett hung up the phone and walked over to the bathroom. She came back with a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, some cotton balls and swabs, antibiotic ointment, gauze, medical tape, and a pair of gloves, and set them on the table in front of me.

"I'm going to have to disinfect your wounds. I don't want anything to ruin my research before it has started."

I sighed heavily. "Is that all I am, just another set of data in your book?"

She reached a hand out to tuck away a couple of loose strands of hair behind my ear, then she lifted my chin to meet her eyes. "Oh no, you are so much more than that, Keira. As I said, you are my personal toy to do with as I please. A pet for entertainment--"

"Stop it! I don't want to listen to it anymore. Just stop it." Tears were threatening to spill. I can't listen to her view me as anything less than human.

"Oh, Keira," she ran her hand through my head, "in time you will learn your place." A silent tear escaped me, and she was quick to wipe it away. "How about you let me clean your wounds, so that you can eat and then sleep? I won't do anything to you. How does that sound?"

"Okay."

She proceeded to dab an alcohol-soaked cotton ball on the cuts on my face, then she gently pushed my chin up to expose my neck. When the alcohol touched the raw cuts on my neck, I winced and flinched back. "I know it stings, but I have to do this. You scratched deeply into your neck, and nails carry lots of bacteria." I nodded for her to continue and just winced in place every time the alcohol stung. After she was done, she dabbed some ointment on the wounds and proceeded to bandage them up.

As Dr. Garnett was finished treating me, a soldier came in with a covered tray and set it on the table in front of me. He didn't say anything before leaving.

I didn't wait for anybody to tell me I could eat, so I started ravaging the food in front of me. I know I only have 24 hours of immunity, so I was going to make the best of them. Likewise, I am going to try to eat as much as possible and gather as much information as I can before things start going further south. Not only that, but I must keep my strength up while I can.

"Jeez! Slow down before you choke on the food! I'd like to see you choke on me first." She said with a half smirk.

Ugh! Keep the comments to yourself, lady. I rolled my eyes.

"What was that?" she asked menacingly.

"Just leave me alone to enjoy my food. I don't need your color commentary." My mouth sometimes runs away from my brain. I tried to finish as fast as possible, knowing my retort might have consequences.

"You know, you should really count your blessings while they last. Finish up there, then come to bed."

I don't know if she was amused by my remarks or just mentally jotting them down to take them out on me later.

"With you? I think not. I'd much rather sleep on the couch." Why am I defying her? Stop it, mouth! I know I couldn't fight her off, but at the same time, my pride gets in the way.

She laughed darkly, then sighed. She got up from the table and walked to the nightstand that was on the right side of the bed. There, she searched for something in the drawers, then turned around and started walking towards me.

I shoved in the last of the food and swallowed hard without chewing much. I coughed and hit my chest as I choked on the last bite, but eventually it went down. At the same time as I was choking, I stood up and was walking backwards away from Dr. Garnett.

"Don't make this harder on yourself. Stop where you are and come to bed."

I looked around for anything that I could use to throw at her, but the only thing that was close to me was the book that she had been reading. I grabbed it and chucked it her way. Of course, she had dodged it. I had used that time to run towards the door, but it was locked. Of course, it was. What did I expect?

She kept making her way towards me, and I was out of options. My back was to the door and running to any side was useless, so I just stood there.

"Now, Keira, are you going to cooperate, or do I have to force you?" Her face was close to mine.

"Fine," I said through gritted teeth, looking defiantly at her.

Her amusement was showing. "Face the door and open your mouth."

I huffed as I turned around. "Why do you want me to--"

Before I could finish my question, she shoved a gag into my mouth and tightened it until it hurt the corners of my mouth and my cheeks. Then, she fastened it behind my head, just under where it had hit the concrete so that it wasn't sitting on top of the bruise. My hands went up to take it off, but she had shoved me against the door and was pinning me with her body. My hands went to the wall to try and push against her, but she took one of my wrists and shackled it. She turned me around and grabbed my other wrist so that both were now bound in front of me.

I lunged towards her, but she had taken a step back then a sidestep and pushed me off balance. I didn't hit the floor because she was grabbing me by the back of my shirt. Her hand moved to the scruff of my neck, while the other one held on to the cuffs. She then pushed me forwards until we made our way towards the right side of the bed, where she chained me to the headboard. I was thrashing, trying to get away from her, so she got on top of me and was straddling my legs. I tried to buck my hips up to throw her off me, but when my head pressed down on the bed, my body contracted in pain. She took this opportunity to grab my feet and cuff them and chain them to the foot of the bed. She then got off the bed and crossed her arms. A wide smirk growing on her.

I noticed I could still turn on my sides, but I couldn't reach anywhere else. I glared up at her, my head off the bed because it hurt to put pressure on it.

"You should've obeyed from the start and learned to keep your mouth shut. That gag will not come off unless you get fed. I won't majorly physically hurt you until I deem that your injury is not severe, but in the meantime, I can most certainly make you suffer. You'll learn obedience starting now."

I whimpered at the thoughts that her words brought forth and pulled at my restraints. Tears were welling up again. She reached for my face, and I flinched back, hiding my face on the inside of my arm.

"Look at me" she said in an intimidating tone. I slowly turned my face towards her, and she reached out to take off my glasses, placing them on the bedside table. I hate not being able to see. Stupid myopia.

"Now, get some sleep." She took two pillows and put one to my left side and the other one under my head, then she pulled the blankets over me. I turned to my left side because that was the only side, I could sleep on without putting pressure on my bruises. I didn't want to be facing her, but I believe she purposely put me on this side for that same reason.

My eyes were growing heavier by the second. It was late and after the hit to my head I was feeling unusually tired. The bed was so comfortable that I just wanted to fall asleep and forget about today.

Dr. Garnett walked over to the other side of the bed and turned off all the lights. I felt as the bed dipped beside me, and she got closer. I tensed as I felt her hand snake around my waist.

Don't touch me.

If that hand stays there, I can overlook it. My main concern right now was sleeping.

She sensed that I was still tense because her hand slowly made its way up to my head. Her hand ran through my hair as she was shushing me. She did it in such a gentle manner that I relaxed and eventually fell asleep.

---
A/N

A couple of days early, but I have something on Friday, so it was either now or later. I decided to do it earlier and forget about it for the rest of the week.

Hope you're all having a lovely week.

Vote, comment, share, feedback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.9K 87
Gwen, desperate to feel something, kills someone. But she quickly learns that one kill is never enough. Can Gwen stop before she turns on her own fam...