THE HILLS

By kenophobic

Book 1. - ❝THINGS AIN'T ALWAYS SET IN STONE, THAT BE KNOWN LET ME KNOW.❞ More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‡πˆπ‹π‹π’
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
πŸ‘πŸŽ
πŸ‘πŸ
πŸ‘πŸ
πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸ’
πŸ‘πŸ“
πŸ‘πŸ•
πŸ‘πŸ–
πŸ‘πŸ—
πŸ’πŸŽ
πŸ’πŸ
πŸ’πŸ
πŸ’πŸ‘
πŸ’πŸ’
πŸ’πŸ“

πŸ‘πŸ”

17.1K 1.1K 2.8K
By kenophobic

𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐢
𝙱𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝙻𝙻𝚂, 𝙲𝙰

"No, that one ugly get another one." I said while sitting on FaceTime with Dahlia. I actually enjoyed talking to her.

"This dress is not ugly."

"Yes it is and I think you should wear another one. What's that in the back?"

"This?" She grabbed a black dress out of her closet before holding it up to the camera.

"Yeah, that's cute."

"I don't have nothing to wear with it though and—girl I don't fucking know."

"You want me to come over? I can come over and help you pick out an outfit. You can't be going out and looking bad."

"Yes, just come over and you're acting like I'm going out looking for a man. All I'm doing is going to dinner with my kids and husband to talk since this isn't something we do often."

"That's why you need to look cute. You don't go out that much so when you step out you need to look like a bad bitch, nothing more nothing less."

"Mhm, you can help me when you come by. Now, you seen the restaurant yet?"

"I went to see it last night and it looked like the drawing for the most part just a little more modernized. I like it so I hope he does."

"That boy gone love it once he gets over the fact that you bought it for him." She shrugged.

"What you mean?" I questioned as Zeus jumped up on the bed next to me getting comfortable.

"He likes doing things by himself so he'll be happy of course but he'll also be a little upset with the fact that you did it for him and he couldn't do it himself. He'll get over it of course, it'll just bother him for a few days."

"Why will it bother him?" I asked as Zeus started licking me and I slowly pushed his head away.

"He just likes getting stuff on his own. He's never had anything passed down because he never wanted it even when me and his dad would try he just said no. He likes making his own money and being able to get things for himself, he'll probably try to pay you back or something."

"He won't need to pay me back though, this isn't a favor I just did it because he deserves it."

"He's still gonna want to pay you back for it no matter how many times you tell him he doesn't have to. That's just the way he is."

"Well—"

"Put on my suit, go get my boots, I'll go to jail 'bout ya!" Syian rapped as he came into my room and I quickly hung up the phone.

"I know, you already did." I got out of the bed dodging his kiss.

"You still acting like this?"

"I'm not acting like anything I just don't want to give you a kiss right now. Is that okay with you?"

"I feel like you still mad about the shooting and I told you that if I knew something like that was gone happen I never would've had you in that situation in the first place you acting like I did it on purpose."

"Okay, you right." I nodded going to my closet and grabbing a jean jacket and some slides before grabbing my keys off the dresser.

"Where you going?"

"To your mothers."

"Then put them keys down and come with me."

"I'm fine, I can go by myself it's not a problem. I'm capable of driving, you know that right?"

"I never said you weren't but I need to go over there anyway because she took my clothes to get dry cleaned so I need to get them from her."

"Oh." I sat the keys back down.

"You wanna come?"

"Come where?"

"To the dinner tonight. You can come, you damn near family you can come if you want to."

"I don't want to be a burden." I spoke honestly. "It's fine, it's a family thing I really don't need to intrude."

"You not intruding if I want you there."

"Yeah, but it's mainly for your sister anyway so that you guys can have a family dinner thing or whatever."

"Man, Bri come on, please? I don't wanna be there by myself."

"You won't be by yourself though your parents will be there."

"I'll pay for your food, drink, tip, everything."

"You do that regardless so I know you were going to."

"So you coming or what?"

"I guess." I shrugged.

After being caught in the shootout, I had started to be afraid of being left alone. Especially because that had made me get scared of loud sounds. I hated the sounds of doors slamming, car doors closing, refrigerators closing, you name it I'm afraid of it.

"Alright, get dressed we can leave when you finish."

"Here, let me help you because you can't accessorize for nothing." I grabbed a necklace off of her dresser and put it on her.

"Girl, yes I can."

"No you can't and take off that tight ass wedding ring. Tonight you single."

"That's that young bitch shit, I don't want to be single. I'm happily married."

"Ugh, hate that for you." I started taking the foam rollers out of her hair before fluffing them out. "You look good ma!"

"I'm a MILF." She started posing in the mirror and I stopped and stared at her. "What?"

"Just..." I tapped her shoulder. "No."

"I know what it means and that's what I am, point blank period." She shrugged grabbing her shoes as Syian walked into the room with a popsicle.

"What are you eating a popsicle for? You're going to mess up your outfit." I took it from him and he stared at me.

"Bri, come on."

"You can't let it drip on your shirt because then you'll have an orange popsicle stained shirt and that's not cute."

"Shole ain't, but you know what is cute?" Dahlia asked. "Me! I'm cute as hell!"

"Exactly, giving bad bitch. Honey bunches of oats, take our picture."

"Y'all not even cute for real." He mumbled as I sat the popsicle down since it wasn't opened yet and he unlocked my phone.

"I am cute." I made a face.

"You fine as hell, but ma you got her hyping yo' head up and you don't even look that good."

"You look good as hell."

"Thank you my love, you look handsome as always." I smiled before backing up to stand by Dahlia. "Which pose we gone do?"

"Girl, I don't know."

"We can just do the one where we blow each other a kiss I guess, make it a boomerang instead of a picture okay?"

"I'm not a photographer." He said plainly before we posed and he took the boomerang.

"That wasn't very hard." I grabbed the phone from him looking at the boomerang. "Why it look so bad? You could definitely do better."

"I have a culinary degree not a photography one." He stared at me. "Take it or leave it—"

"When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May. I guess you'd say what can make me feel this way? My girl, my girl, my girl." Syian's dad sang loudly as he came into the room before kissing Dahlia. "Talkin' 'bout my girl!"

"I wish you'd stop fucking singing." Syian mumbled and I nudged him.

"I wish you'd get the fuck out of my damn room so I can get dressed, hey Bri."

"Hi." I waved before grabbing Syian's hand and walking him into the living room so we could sit down.

He took a seat but I stood there trying to figure out where I should sit since I was a lot more cautious about what I did now.

"You good?"

"Huh? Yeah." I nodded before sitting extremely close to him. Like there was no space between him I was literally on his hip.

"You sure you okay?"

"I'm fine." I went to my call log to FaceTime Xiomara since her and Zo were watching Zeus while we went out to eat.

I would've had Saf do it but I don't like her wife because she bring up me getting beat up, therefore she won't be able to watch Zeus until her wife apologizes.

"Bri! I was just about to call you, please tell this man Justyce is a better name than Kobe!"

"Aht!" Zo took the phone. "I suggested Kobe after a legend—long live the goat, and she suggested fucking Justyce."

"How would it be spelled?" I asked out of curiosity.

"J-U-S-T-Y-C-E."

"The spelling is a little..."

"Ghetto, it's okay. You can say it. You get a G-word pass." Zo said and I mugged him.

"Justyce ain't a bad name but it don't seem right, find another name I know y'all had more options." Syian looked down at the camera.

"We do, I also suggested Azriah." Xi shrugged.

"Fuck no." Zo shook his head. "I suggested Kaimi."

Syian scratched his head. "Well...y'all definitely got names."

"They must be bad names, you see how he hating bae?" Xi and Zo looked at each other.

"Y'all names just...where the basic ones at?"

"This child's mothers name is Xiomara, please tell me why his name would be anything basic?" Zo squinted.

well y'all suggested kobe and that's a little basic but i mean whatever.

"It just...y'all gone mess my nephew up."

i just called to see my son where is he at?!

"He'll be okay." Xi waved him off.

"Can I see my son? Not going to lie, that's the only reason I called."

"He in the backyard."

"What?" I squinted. "No, he can't be in the backyard by hisself because what if they start shooting and he gets shot?!"

"He won't get shot." Zo assured me. "We'll go out there with him though."

"Okay." I nodded as they hung up and I could feel Syian staring at me but I didn't look at him because I knew he'd be asking questions.

not looking at him didn't stop anything since he asked me something anyway.

"Bri."

"..."

"Bri."

keep my eyes on everything but him then maybe he'll give up.

"Brionne."

He sighed and got off of the couch before crouching down in front of me and grabbing my hands. "Look, you gotta talk to me I can't read minds."

"Talk about what?" I started to play stupid.

"How you been acting lately. Like you scared to be alone and stuff and you be getting scared of lil' shit. Like last night when I made dinner and I closed the fridge and it slammed, you started ducking like it was a gunshot or something...what's goin' on? You gotta talk to me."

"I just keep thinking about it. It keeps playing in my mind and it's scary, I know nobody got injured but it's still scary and every time you leave me alone I get scared and whenever a door slams I get scared because it sounds like a gunshot and it started coming in my dreams too, that's why I'm always moving in my sleep because it just keeps replaying over and over again and maybe I'm exaggerating but—"

"You not exaggerating, you ain't never been put in a situation like that. It is a traumatic thing and for everybody it's different, I understand that."

"But I feel like I'm overreacting because you don't even seem the slightest bit fazed by it."

"I'm not fazed because this not my first time being caught in a shootout. This yo' first time so of course our reactions gone be different but you not overreacting at all, you got a normal reaction and that's fine."

"But—"

"But nothing you don't need to feel bad about how you react and how you feel. Everybody different I'm not about to keep saying this."

"Well is it going to go away? Like, me being afraid of the loud noises and stuff? Because I need it to go away because I can't keep showering with the door open it makes me uncomfortable."

"I...." He started talking but stopped almost immediately after. "Wait right here."

"Where else am I going to go?" I asked as he stood up and went to the back before coming back out with a box of firecrackers, making me frown.

"What are you doing with that?"

"Come on, we going outside."

"We have a dinner to go to don't we?"

"We do but they in there doing God knows what so we got time. Come on, up." He opened the front door and I hesitated before I eventually got up and went outside.

"What are you about to do?"

He didn't say anything and sat three of the firecrackers down before he lit them and came back over to where I was and the minute the firecrackers started popping off I covered my ears feeling myself about to cry.

"Make it stop!"

"Bri—"

"Make it stop I don't like that!" I started crying.

"Bri, I can't just make it stop—"

"Well try!"

I don't know what he ended up doing but he did get the fireworks to stop before he came over to me. "Syian get away from me."

"Bri."

"What told you that setting off firecrackers was a good idea? Please let me know." I wiped the tears off of my face.

"I thought that if we set them off you would eventually stop being so scared of the noise I didn't do it to make you cry I tried to help."

"Well stop trying to help because it's not doing anything I still don't like the sound."

"It's not doing anything yet but I'm gone keep setting off firecrackers because it's going to help eventually it's how you face your fears. I'm not rushing you to get over it but you can't keep being scared to close your car door."

"You said that everybody is different."

"I know what I said but that doesn't mean you gone sit here being scared of little shit. I'm gone help you get over it if it's the last thing I do." He shrugged.

i should've got a boyfriend that wouldn't care.

𝐒𝐲𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝙻𝙾𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙶𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚂, 𝙲𝙰

"Here." I pulled out the seat for Bri and she stared at me before sitting down.

"I could've pulled my own seat out."

"I don't let you pull your own seat out any other time so why would I let you do it now?" I sat down next to her and she stared at the menu.

She really not letting up.

"Um...okay, since everybody's here." Gianna cleared her throat. "I'm just going to say that I plan on moving back here."

"That's good!" My mom smiled and my dad had the same look on his face as I just stared at her.

My parents just happy that they can finally have both of their kids back in the same state that they don't even care about her cutting all contact with them.

"Syian," My mom tapped my leg. "Are you excited?"

"Not really."

"Don't be like that."

"I'm not being like anything, she ain't come around in years and had you spiraling and wanting to kill yourself because she cut all contact with us for seven years."

"Okay, Syian it was an accident I didn't mean to cut you guys off I was going through stuff myself and when I moved that's who I was focused on, myself. You have no right to be mad at me for working on myself."

"I'm not mad at you for working on yourself, I don't give a fuck about you taking care of yourself because you should be able to. My problem is that it fucked with my mothers mental health and I don't like how suddenly you walking in here like you did nothing wrong."

"Where did I act like I did nothing wrong?"

"When you popped up out of the blue after seven years to become daughter of the year...if you'll even stay for a year because who knows, you love to leave without letting people know."

"I really should've used a condom." My dad mumbled and I side eyed him.

"You have a lot of undercover pressure you need to unleash which is crazy to me because you spent most of those seven years blowing up my phone so what changed? Your girlfriend?"

"Woah woah woah." Bri made a face. "I don't have anything to do with this, the day you came to the dinner we were fine so don't drag me into this."

"Well that has to be the reason because he never had this sort of attitude to me beforehand."

"You wouldn't know because you never texted me back! You went to New York and acted like you didn't have a fucking family, the way I felt towards you been changed and Brionne ain't have shit to do with it."

"Could've sworn this was a family thing anyway I don't know why she's here."

"Don't act like that Gianna, she's basically family she's allowed to come." My mom scrunched her face up.

"Period." Bri said lowly.

My momma lucky I love her bean headed ass because I could've stayed my ass home.

"Did you say something under your breath?" Gigi asked and I sucked my teeth.

"Sure did but this is a family matter and I'm not family so I'll be going to get a drink, take it easy." Bri got out the seat going to bar.

"And she just kept saying slick stuff all night even after I went and had five drinks to relax she still found a way to pick a bone with me," Bri ranted as she came in the living room with Zeus.

"Get the dog out of my face."

"Don't do that this is our son." She put him in my face and I looked over at her. "You know what, sick him Zeus because he made me cry earlier."

"It was an accident."

"I know." She started petting him. "On a scale to one to ten if I posted you eating my ass how mad would you be?"

"Eleven, don't post me eating ass that's embarrassing."

"You said it's no shame in your game though so I'm not understanding."

"That don't mean I want everybody on the internet to see me eating ass, my mom got Instagram and y'all follow each other what if she come across it?"

"She probably be getting her ass ate too she'll get over it."

"Please stop talking." I covered my ears and she laughed.

"We should get married."

"Girl what the hell do you be talking about?" I removed my hands from my ears and looked her way.

"I'm serious, we could elope and then have a big wedding after that." She shrugged.

Who gone tell her?

"We should get married just not yet."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not ready for marriage right now that's why."

"You're not ready for kids or marriage but you're ready enough to have unprotected sex."

Here she go.

"You still on this whole kid thing when I told you I don't want kids yet, you can't be mad at that."

"Yes I can."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can because all you're thinking about is yourself when we talk about kids!" She started yelling and I stood up going to the kitchen. "Don't walk away!"

"I'm not walking away I'm getting some fruit snacks can I do that?"

"Why don't you want kids with me?" She sat Zeus down and came to stand behind the island.

"I never said I didn't want kids with you I said I didn't want kids. I also said that we could revisit this later I don't know why you acting like yo' eggs dying already."

"Well in six years they'll start to decrease sooo."

"Why you thinking six years from now?"

"So I can't think two years from now and I can think six years from now? What can I do? Sit around and wait until you're ready."

"If you want kids with me then yeah because if it was the other way around I'd wait until you were ready and I wouldn't keep bringing the topic up but if you just want kids to have 'em then go have 'em with another nigga I don't care."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She made a face.

Girl I don't know I'm just saying whatever comes to mind.

"Bri...you know what I mean."

"I don't, so tell me because I want to know your thought process."

"I don't know what I mean because I just said whatever came out of my mouth."

She just stared at me and it was extremely silent which was awkward because being around her it was never really that quiet because she talked about anything from sunrise to sundown.

"Can you leave?"

"What am I leaving for?"

"Because I don't want to see your face right now I'll call you later."

"Every time we discuss our future it can't end in an argument—"

"What future?" She asked. "Because we're not on the same page so it seems like there's not a future we should look forward to."

"Don't act like that, this is something that can change with time so stop acting like we got to break up because our minds not at the same place right now. What I look like having a child while I'm living off of wack ass paychecks from a laundromat that gets barely any business. My life not even in order the fuck I look like bringing a child into this?"

"Syian I—"

"You set for life so you could have a kid any moment and they'd be straight but if and when we have a kid together they need both parents to have money."

"Zo's having a kid right now and he works at the laundromat so what's the difference with us?"

"I'm not Zo, I think it's dumb that he having a kid right now but at the end of the day we two different types of people and obviously he prepared enough to have a kid and even if he wasn't he about to find a way to be prepared. I'm not prepared I got bigger goals to achieve before I bring a child into this world and I need you to understand that."

"I do."

"You don't."

"I do, all I'm saying is I don't want to start having kids in my thirties."

"You damn sure don't need kids now because you like alcohol and traveling. Your main issue with Xi getting pregnant was the fact that you can't go out and drink with her no more so what makes you think that you'd be able to drop alcohol for the next nine or ten months? Especially now."

"You're trying to play me like I'm an alcoholic when I'm not."

I walked over to the fridge and opened her freezer revealing what was mainly wine. After that I went to open up two of her cabinets which was just different types of liquor and three half drunken bottles of Hennessy which was already messed up because the shit is horrible.

"You barely got anything to eat in here all you got is alcohol. You two sips away from alcoholism so this another reason you not ready for kids right now."

"Big deal, I drink sometimes. That's normal. I can let drinks go I'm not a freaking alcoholic I just like the feeling of being not sober sometimes!"

"Okay." I started walking away because I didn't even feel the need to continue this conversation since she obviously wasn't hearing anything I was saying.

"And you claim I walk away from talks, look at the pot calling the kettle black." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay."

"Like I really don't understand how you claim you don't want kids but continue to have unprotected sex with me the math really isn't mathing here."

I turned back around and stared at her like she was stuck on stupid because I really don't think she's hearing herself right now.

"The first time we had this baby conversation I said we should start using condoms again since I don't want kids yet and then you said you don't want to use them again, am I right or am I wrong?"

"That's because you thought I was going to trap you."

"You really not making any sense here. We can go back to condoms that's never been an issue to me the issue is you keep trying to make me feel bad for not wanting kids to the point where you just created a whole argument because of it. If this was the other way around I would've sat my black ass down and waited until you were ready to have kids but now that I don't want kids you in such a rush and don't want to wait? You should've brung this up beforehand and we would've never been in this situation and having this argument."

"Okay." She nodded her head before going in the room and coming back out with a blanket and a pillow. "The couch is about as comfortable as a bed I hope you enjoy sleeping there."

"Because I don't want kids? Really?"

"It can be because of that or because of the fact you made me cry earlier whichever one you want." She shrugged before walking off.

Just childish.

a/n:
somebody dying in the sequel i haven't killed nobody off this book and something in my soul makes me want to do it.

also i need baby names for xi & zo's son so leave them i know y'all got some ideas. if y'all don't then just choose out of the names tht they mentioned earlier in the chapter.

q: favorite movie?
a: high school musical. (all of them.)

q: what do u call ur mom? (mom, ma, mommy, etc.)
a: mommy, ma, bestie.

q: if u have siblings, how many do u have?
a: 2 older siblings but i basically have 3.

; visionswife, ken karev.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 38 33
It gets better but this was my first book, don't hype it up pls 😐
236K 4.8K 25
not forcing you, but this story is 1 of a kind... read now ! πŸ”ž ( or be mature )
101K 4.9K 19
Just read Cover by @NAVAHTHEBAE_ I do not own any pictures or videos used in this book.
83.1K 1.1K 9
Don't steal nun out my book, that's all i gotta say it's a oneshots so it's self explanatory. SLOW UPDATES