ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 57

117 15 14
By hidden_1nk

JOSEPHS POV:

Machine guns go off as my teammates hide behind tables we use as shields. The noise is so loud they close their eyes and cover their ears.

"Come on. You guys shooting with your damn eyes closed? Bullet holes everywhere. Anthony, aim higher at the bullet paper." I tell him as I inspect the shoot work they are doing.

"All right." Anthony calls out, his ears still probably ringing.

"Groove, try aiming at the podium, not the wall." I yell to a different team member.

"All right." He calls back.

"Hey, hey. We got a visitor." Anthony remarks.

"Oh, that isn't someone in uniform, eh?" Groove says.

"Jospeh, it's Opal." Anthony calls out.

I turn around, preoccupied with the bullet holes, and I see Opal walking from a far distance in a red dress, a tight dress. I hear a few whistles that are muted with just one glare.

I quickly take off my sunglasses and duck behind the tables, "Jesus." I whisper, breathing hard.

"You alright?" Anthony asks.

"Yeah. Yeah." I turn back to see Opal striding closer. I grip on to the table I'm hiding behind, harder. "I think I'm falling for her." I confess to Anthony.

"Wow. Didn't see that coming." Groove says.

I stand back up, "I don't want this to happen. This can't happen, but it kind of did. I can't help it." I smile down at Anthony.

"Well, Joseph, if she's gotta be with someone, it might as well be you." Anthony shrugs, he sets the table back up and starts wiping it with a rag.

"Isn't that your brothers girl? He's dead somewhere watching his little brother doin his girl. I know Sawyer, he would come back from the dead and beat the living crap out of you." Groove chimes in as Opal walks over.

"Groove, back off." Anthony barks.

"If I saw my brother do that, I'd be back from the dead in seconds." Groove says, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Hey, Joseph is being a good brother, taking care of her himself." Simon speaks out.

"I have a girlfriend." Mark speaks up, out of the blue. We all turn to him, I give him a weird look.

"That's great. Come on, let's go." Simon rounds everyone up and they leave me alone in the hangar.

"Joseph, just know this is about you and her. Sawyer is gone, try to forget about him." Anthony gives my back a pat.

"Be careful, women have a way with clouding the mind." Groove speaks out, pointing to his head.

"Thanks, Groove." I nod, not entirely sure what he's on about.

"Welcome." He slaps the table before heading out.

"Hey, Jospeh." Opal says, finally making it to where we are. "Where is everyone going?" She notices everyone around me dispersing.

"Oh, you know. Being as discreet as possible." I jump down the stair case ladder. She watches me as I do,

"Does it seem like everyone is acting weird?" She questions, her eyes squinting in suspicion.

"No. Nah." I smile at her as she turns to see everyone walking further away.

"Right.." she says, not believing a word I'm saying, she turns back and gives me an embarrassed little smile.

"Okay, maybe a little. Yeah." I smile back.

"I just hope they don't think there's something going on between us, that's all." She playfully says.

"Oh, no. I mean, no. That would be embarrassing, right?" I playfully argue back.

We both turn to a clanging noise,

"Forgot my wrenches." Groove awkwardly stands still.

"That would totally be embarrassing." Opal turns back to me, eyeing me mischievously.

"Yeah." I nod agreeing, not able to hold back my smile.

"Hi, just forgot my wrenches." Groove says again. Opal turns back to him and waves hello.

"Hey, you really don't have to leave." She tells Groove, but he ignores her and continues walking away. She turns back to me, "he doesn't have to leave." She says, feeling slightly bad.

"No?" I say, almost sarcastically as I watch Groove quickly walk away.

"I'm just going out with Avery so, I guess I'll see you later." She stutters, she nervously laughs, "I guess I'll see you later." She smiles, repeating what she says.

"Yeah." I give her a tight smile.

"Okay." She says and starts walking off.

"Yeah, all right. See you around." I say as she walks off.

"Fuck..." I whisper to myself, breathe out before turning to her.

"Opal!" I call out her name and she immediately turns to me.

"Have you ever seen London at sunset?" I ask her, she looks to the ground giving it some thought.

"Yes." She nods.

"No no, from a garden roof top?"

"No." She whispers.

"Come on." I walk toward her. We sneak into the tower and up the roof.

"You know I can get kicked out of the military for this." I hold her closer to me, the cold air hitting the both of us. I take off my jacket and put it on her.

She snaps her head to me, concerned, "Really?" She says, her eyes widen.

"Yeah, so stay quiet." I laugh. She tries holding her nose so she won't laugh. The tower is so tall it's almost like we're in the clouds when we make it to the top. 

It's almost like a small rooftop forrest.

"If a family member dies in the military, they get to choose a tree they want to plant and name it after that person." I tell her and she looks at all the greenery.

"It's beautiful." She runs to the edge of the roof. "When I was little my dad would take me to the tallest building and we would sit and have a picnic. Just don't do what he did. He would stand over the edge. His arms wide open, as if her were to fly. I would hold onto his jeans for dear life." She tells me.

"I won't." I say, when she breathes a sigh of relief I run to the edge and stand over it, almost as if I'm about to jump.

"Joseph!" She screams, panicked and I can hear her run after me. I feel her tiny hand tightly hold onto the seams of my pants.

"Don't fall." I hear her whisper. I quickly turn around and grab her and pull her up to the ledge. She grabs onto me tightly as she screams from the sudden surprise and starts laughing when she realizes we both can't fall over.

"Oh my God." She sighs. I can't help but laugh at how scared she is.

"What do you think?" I ask, she fans her face with her hands as she tries to calm herself down.

"I like it." She smiles up at me.

The sun finally sets and I quickly pull her down the tower.

"Hey! That tower is restricted, only authorized personnel are allowed in there!" A man from a distance starts shouting.

"Quick, hide in that bunker." I whisper to her. She quickly hides in the shadows. I run after her when I know the coast is clear.

"Opal?" I whisper yell and find her in a storage closet.

"Is he gone?" She whispers, her eyes wide as she looks to see if someone has followed me in here.

I look down at her, letting only the moon light, light up her face. I grab her arms and slide my fingers down to her fingers playing with them gently. I slowly lean in, resting my forehead to hers. Our noses touch, she's too afraid to look up and when she finally does I lean in to kiss her.

"My heart is pounding." I whisper into her mouth. She places her hand slowly to my chest, feeling my racing heart. She quickly pulls me down to kiss her.

She pulls away after a few minutes and smiles up at me.

"I should go." She says, she quickly fixes her dress and rushes out of my hold. The cold air hits my back. I hit the wall, frustrated with everything.

I'm sorry Sawyer.

I stay out all night not able to sleep. I watch as the sunset comes up and the trumpet alarms. I yawn, and head back to change. The image of her running away, scared flashes through my mind but every time I think of our kiss I can't help but smile like an idiot boy. It was better than our first kiss a couple of years ago.

"Opal!" I call out her name when I see her and Avery walking around the military base.

———————————————————————
Hey! It's a short chapter in Joseph's point of view and I hope you guys enjoy ❤️

Things are about to heat up >.<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 27.1K 123
Basically what the title says!
18.2K 1K 65
He's the nightmare, but she's his fantasy.
2.5K 99 15
Read to find out
886K 5.5K 102
This book contains my favorite collection of novels.