Zayn's Best Friend

By zaynsprincess97

Kylie and Zayn have been best friends since they were little kids. They're going through the ups and downs of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
CONTEST WINNERS!

Chapter 34

292K 3K 476
By zaynsprincess97

*Zayn's POV*

Seven in the damn morning. We got off the plane at seven in the morning in Bradford, and I was tired. I did not sleep well on that stupid plane; however, Kylie slept the whole time curled into my chest like a baby.

"Coffee." She mumbled as we passed a Starbucks, letting go of my hand and dragging her feet over there.

"Two venti white chocolate mochas please." She said quietly, yawning.

"$9.42 please."

"Babe, I only have a five. Money please." She called over to where I was standing, and I tossed her my wallet. She took a ten out, handing it to the guy at the counter. She put her five in it and threw it back but it landed two feet away. I walked over, grabbing it off the ground.

Kylie handed me my coffee, and I grabbed her hand again, intertwining her fingers with mine. Kylie's iPhone rang in her pocket and she picked it up.

"Yeah mom, we're getting our bags. You're outside? See you in a few. Love you."

I hauled our bags off the spinning claim, mine black and Kylie's purple. Rolling them, each in one hand, we walked outside to the car pick up.

Her mom's blue Mazda CX-9 was across the lot and we walked over, me climbing into the back seat and Kylie in the passenger seat.

"Hi, Ky! I missed you so much! Oh, and Zayn! How are you guys? I'm so glad you're HOME!" Ashley Carter had always been energetic.  

"Hi, mom." Kylie leaned over and gave her a hug. "Where's Amber?" Amber was her little 2 year old half-sister that her mom had with her step dad.

"At home with Jim."

Her mom pulled out, driving the 25 minutes back home. We made small talk, catching up and listening to a talk show on the radio.

"One Direction's Zayn Malik getting married?" Kylie turned up the volume on the radio dial and laughed.

"Zayn's girlfriend has been seen at the concert last night wearing a ring on her left hand- are they engaged?" Ashley stared at Kylie's hand, and gasped.

"Kylie! Why didn't you tell me? You guys are so young, and-"

"MOM. We're not engaged. It's just a promise ring. But isn't it beautiful?" Kylie smiled, holding her hand up. Her mother glanced at it before turning her eyes back to the road.

"Zayn, you better treat her right." Ashley said as she pulled into the familiar driveway. I could see my house, only 3 houses away down the street. I was staying in the Carter house for the first night because my family had gone out of town and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. Of course, I could go home and get things or stay there if I wanted, but nobody was home.

"Mom, he always has." Kylie rolled her eyes, her cheeks pink.

"It's the first time I've met him as your boyfriend and not just Zayn. He needs to know the rules. No unprotected sex."

"MOM!" Kylie exclaimed, incredibly embarrassed. I let out a low laugh.

"Something funny, Zayn?" She raised her eyebrow, smirking at me. It was crazy how much she looked like Kylie- in 25 years; this was exactly what Kylie would look like.

"No, ma'am." I grinned back at her, taking the bags out of her hands.

"Cheeky." She muttered, hitting me in the head.

"I missed you." I gave Kylie's mom, who has always been my second mother, a hug.

"I missed you too, Zayn. You're like the son I never had." We walked inside, where Kylie was already sprawled on the floor of the living room, playing with Amber.

"Zayn! My boy!" Jim, Kylie's step-dad called, giving me a pat on the back as he walked in.

"Nice to feel loved. He barely acknowledged me." Kylie joked, standing up. He wrapped his arms around her, giving her a bear hug.

"How's tour?"

"Great!" we chimed, sitting on the loveseat together, where we had been on countless occasions. Her mom brought out tea and we just sat for a while, trying to catch up for lost time.

"I'm tired." Kylie whined, yawning adorably that night. All day, we had just walked around town with Ashley and Jim and Amber, going to stores that we grew up around that were only in Bradford. Jim had gone to sleep and so had Amber, but Ashley was coming back soon.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" I asked her, twirling a lock of hair around my finger.

"I'm meeting with some friends. You can come if you want to."

"I love you babe, but I have no interest in your girl meetings. Tomorrow night I'm taking you out though, okay? Just for a bit."

"Okay." She smiled, and then yawned again.

"We're going to bed, mum." Kylie poked her head in the kitchen, where her mom was talking on the phone. She waved, blowing us kisses.

"Where am I sleeping?" I asked her.

"In my room?" she said like I was mentally challenged.

"Are you sure that mum's-"

"IT'S FINE!" Her mom called from the kitchen.

Kylie intertwined our fingers, leading me up the steps into her bedroom. It was all the same from 3 months ago. 

"I can feel you looking at me. Stop." She whined as she changed into pajamas and crawled into bed. I pulled off my jeans and shirt, snuggling into her and kissing her forehead.

**************************************************

*Kylie's POV*

"Morning." I sighed, untangling myself out of Zayn's arms.

"Come baaack." He whined, opening his hazel eyes.

"I have to get in the shower. I'm meeting the girls in an hour."

"I'll take a shower with you." He winked, and I rolled my eyes.

"No." I sang, walking into my bathroom and locking the door. Turning the shower on, I hummed to myself. Some of my best friends, who I haven't seen in months, I got to see soon. And the date Zayn was taking me on later.

I stepped out of the bathroom in a towel 15 minutes later, opening the door. Zayn stuck his tongue out at me and pushed me lightly, walking into the bathroom himself. I got dressed in a light blue shirt and white shorts, strapping white gladiator sandals on my feet.

"Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy till we see the sun. I know we only met but let's pretend it's love." I sung, putting my makeup on in the mirror behind my door.

"And never never never stop for anyone. Tonight let's get some, and live while we're young." Zayn's melodic voice sang behind me and I jumped, my liquid eyeliner spazzing out into a squiggly line. I had to re-do my whole eye. 

"Hate you." I muttered as I grabbed a tissue and wiped it off.

"I love you." Zayn laughed deeply.

Flipping him off, I ran a brush through my hair and hoped it dried hallway decent. I had to be at Starbucks, which was about 12 minutes away, in 8 minutes.

"BYE MOM, I'M TAKING THE CAR! LOVE YOU! BYE ZAYNIE!" I shouted as I grabbed the keys and ran out the door, only to run back in a minute later for my purse and phone.

6 minutes left. I pressed the pedal down hard, zooming off and turning up the radio.

"3 minutes late." My best friend Cassie laughed, giving me a hug. I hugged her back tightly. I hugged my other 3 best friends from high school, sitting down at the table and ordering a huge iced coffee.

"How's the famous boyfriend?" Allison winked.

"Amazing. And Ryan?" Ryan had been going out with Allison since sophomore year, and they were still together.

"Great." She grinned.

"Are you really engaged?" Stacy piped up, twirling her long auburn hair around her finger.

"No!" I exclaimed. "Rumor."

We all chatted for about two hours, talking about anything and everything, catching up on how different our lives were now since we were all almost adults. Walking around the big park we used to go to every day after school gave me a terrible sense of déjà vu and of course, we were all crying by the time we had to leave. Cassie was going to her 14 year old sister's dance recital, Allison to a wedding, and Stacey to a family dinner. And I, of course, had a mystery date with Zayn. Almost six months, you think he might actually tell me where he was taking me for once.

**************************

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in!" I danced around my old room in just a bra and underwear trying to think of what to wear. Zayn wasn't home and also wouldn't text me back, so I had no clue what to do.

Message from: Zayn<3 –Wear jeans and any shirt you want. Bring a sweater. All the hint you get xx Pick you up in 20. I love you.-

I groaned, picking out a pair of dark skinny jeans and wiggling them on, almost falling down in the process. I put a white t-shirt on top of it and snatched my light pink jacket up. Prancing to the bathroom, I spent 15 minutes re-doing my makeup and twisting my hair into a bun. The doorbell rang and I pecked my mom on the cheek, spinning Amber around and watching her giggle gleefully before darting outside.

"Are you really Kylie? Ready in time?" Zayn joked, intertwining our fingers and opening the passenger door for me to step in the car.

"Shut up." I laughed as I buckled my seatbelt and Zayn started the car.

We sat in silence, not awkward but still silent, him humming quietly to the radio and me trying to figure out where we were going.

"Zaynie?" I asked innocently, trailing my hand up his thigh and stopping dangerously close to it, padding my fingers up and down and 'accidentally' brushing him. He let out a groan. I continued to do it until he gave me a dark look. God, he was so easy to rile up. 

"We're going to crash if you keep fucking doing that." He insisted, shoving my hand off but not protesting when I dragged it up his thigh again.

"If you just tell me..." I gently placed my hand on top and he hissed under his breath.

"Not telling you where we're headed." He sang back, and I groaned, tossing my head back against the seat. I pulled my hand off. 

"Fine," I huffed, "Wait and see if I put out now."

"Babe, you're just as easy as I am," he laughed, turning up the radio.

"Here." Zayn said a few minutes later, shutting off the car.

"Are we really going ice skating?" I smiled at him. Wow, I hadn't been ice skating in years.

"We really are." He mimicked my excited voice, and I rolled my eyes.

I skipped inside, practically dragging him behind me. Nobody was in here, it was supposed to be closed but then again, Zayn Malik doesn't care if the ice skating rink is closed, he can buy an ice skating rink. I giggled to myself at my hilarious thoughts, earning an odd look from my boyfriend, who was getting our skates.

I grabbed my pair from him, sitting down at a bench and lacing them up. Zayn took a seat next to me as I struggled with the second skate, already done with both of his.

"Do you need help?" he chuckled.

"I can lace up my own fucking boots." I growled at the skates, letting out a frustrated scream as the bottom came undone again and I thrusted my leg towards Zayn, almost slicing his stomach open with the blades.

"Calm down, princess." Zayn patted my thigh, lacing up my skate perfectly in less than 30 seconds.

"Thank you." I smiled at him, trying to get back into the good mood that the stupid, inanimate object had ruined.

He grabbed my hand, leading me onto the ice. Zayn glided perfectly out into the middle as I staggered and flailed, somehow getting myself to the wall without falling down. Dragging myself along the rim, I wondered why I was so excited to go ice skating in the first place. I remembered this being a lot easier when I was younger. It had been almost a half an hour and I still couldn't drag myself off the wall. 

"Kylie! Get off the wall!" Zayn laughed, skating over to me and stopping.

"You want your girlfriend to die?!" I yelled from my safe clutch along the wall.

"I got you baby." He held out his hand to me and after a moment of hesitation, I took it.

You know in the movies, where the girl and guy ice skate together, finally getting their courage as they skate under the twinkling stars perfectly, holding hands and looking at each other lovingly?

Yeah, that didn't happen.

He led me out and I made a terrible squeaking sound as my feet flew out behind me. I fell forward, frantically trying to grab onto something, which happened to be Zayn's arm as I collapsed on top of him.

"Sorry." I started laughing hysterically at Zayn's surprised face, because this had all happened in a matter of three seconds.

"I love you." He chuckled as I pressed my lips onto his. I sucked on his bottom lip lightly, causing Zayn to moan and press his tongue into my mouth. Things escalated quickly, until Zayn's freezing ice cold hands were under my shirt. I rolled off of him onto the ice and he groaned, his hazel eyes extremely dark with lust.

"Stop looking at me like that." I squirmed under his gaze.

"I don't understand why you do that to me. First in the car and now..." Zayn whined.

"We can be home in 20 minutes." I said, dragging myself over to the wall so I could stand up.

"We can be in the bathroom in two." He suggested, biting his lip.

"I might have to take you up on that if it means I get out of this skating rink."

************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 5.3K 30
Imagines that I have posted on my Instagram (tom.world.of.loki). Each one is different. WARNING: there are many intense feels. I know this because of...
21.3K 914 146
I don't have that much room on my phone because I have so many one direction memes so I decided to make this and put all of them on here because I do...
260K 16.7K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
917K 38.8K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC