Transformers RID; New Beginni...

By Detectivegel

Nova is BACK?! With a new adventure, Nova gets message from Primus, telling her that her world is in danger... More

Details
Prologue
New Mission
Old friends Reunited
WWOD
As the Kospego Commands!
Collect 'Em All
True Colors
Rumble in the jungle
Nova's Filler Reunion
Can you dig it? (Here comes Jazz)
Babysitting Little Bee
Hunting Season
Out of Focus
Sideways
Nova's Filler: Omega Two Post Tour
Even Robots Have Nightmares
Somebody Anybody
One of Our Mini-Cons Is Missing
Deep Trouble
The Champ
The Trouble with Fixit
Lockout
Similarly Different
The Buzz on Windblade
Ghosts and Impostors
***Message***
Battleground part 1
Battlegrounds Part 2
Overloaded part 1
Overloaded part 2
Note
Nova's Fillers: Meets the Rescue Bots
Metal Meltdown
Suspended
Reminisce Part 1
Reminisce Part 2
Misdirection
Nova's Night Off
Impounded
Portals
Nova's Filler: Operation Closure
Graduation Exercises
Decepticon Island part 1
Decepticon Island part 2
Nova's Filler: Need for Speed
History Lessons
Strongarm's Big Score
Strange Connections
Mighty Big Trouble
Mini-Con Madness
Worthy
King of Hill
Defrosted
Blurred
Sphere of Influence
Bee Cool
Great Divide
Get a Clue
Out of shadows
Switcheroo
Guilty as Charged
The Golden Knight
The Fastest Bot Alive!
Railroad Rage
Combine and Conquer
MoonBreaker
Exiles
Breathing Room
Prepare for Departure
Prisoner Principles
Collateral Damage
Something he ate
Sick Bot
The Truth (Five Fugitives)
Deep Secret
Nova's Filler: Her Tribute
Enemy of My Enemy

Cover Me

2.7K 46 20
By Detectivegel

(A/N Here is Piper's chapter who is still with the Away Team >.<)

Piper's Log Date 107: it's going to be my first mission with them. I asked Nova if she's going to return but she decided to remain with Bee's team for awhile so she let me in charge of updating about Optimus' team progress. I was excited yet nervous but she is counting on me and I won't let her down. Right now, Progress on the search of the Decepticon is still unclear though there was one thing I can't stand is listening to Sideswipe's story over again. 

=======================================================================

Somewhere in canyons, away team was looking for another Decepticon signal. But for some reason they couldn't get better signal. So far they need to go bit ahead to get better signal and meanwhile Sideswipe was telling same story over and over how he pranked Strongarm to think that he could actually travel through time. Drift and Piper were getting tired of that same old story. In one point they all had to transform and move one by foot. (except Piper who got out of Sideswipe, feeling annoyed)

"So I said to Strongarm 'I race you and I'll be back here half hour before even we started'. " Continued Sideswipe on his story. Drift and Piper were growling for not taking any much more.

"Mind give your jaws a rest, Slick. Since we scanned camouflage modes from the off roaming jeep, you haven't been silent for five seconds," Windblade said.

"Five seconds? I can do that," said Sideswipe and stood there silent until 5...4...3...2...1... "Strongarm's optics BUGGED OUT and ....."

"This is getting annoying.....I can see how Strongarm can't stand him." Piper groaned, feeling annoyed.

"Optimus, have you tried to recalibrate for..."  Windblade asked and turned look on Optimus and find him leaning on the rock wall. "Optimus, are you hurt?"

"I...am fine, Windblade," Optimus said. "Since my power was trained by my fellow Primes my stamina is not what it use to be. Although, I can feel myself slowly improving, longer missions like this one requires some adjustment."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Windblade said.

"No, but I appreciate your concern. Let us rejoin with others before Drift dismantle Sideswipe." 

Windblade decided to listen Prime and continue their way to others. Piper who was observing Optimus for awhile and had to admit that he was as stubborn as Nova. Though, she was ordered to keep an eye on Optimus in case if he needed first aid. Piper knows that Nova would be worried if something happen to him.

Then, Piper heard a noise behind her along with Windblade as they turned around and saw two mini-cons going on Optimus who was now down.

"Optimus!" 

Hearing this, others saw what was going on. Drift send out Jetstorm and Slipstream to handle the Mini-cons. Piper hate to admit that those two were doing it pretty well. Drift even stopped Windblade to go between allowing his students to test them, Piper took the opportunity to study their abilities just in case they need to ask them from Alchemor's manifest. 

But enemy got the upper hand and started to go on them. In this Drift decided the test is over and they need to go help. The two mini-cons soon realized to be outnumber. Even Optimus got up and was ready handle them.

"I vote we cut and run." said one of them.

"Razorpaw won't be happy." said another.

"Razorpaw is never happy!" answered the first before both combined their power to create bright light and cover their escape.

Soon as the mini-cons disappeared. Piper noted, "Oh man.....They got away."

Optimus questioned, "Piper, we need data about a pair of torpedo mini-cons. With the ability to manipulate temperature."

"I'm already on it." Piper said, bringing out the tablet. Running that through the Alchemor's prisoner manifest until she found a match. "Okay....The ship's record returns two names, Swelter and Galcius. They can project extreme armor melting heat, and circuit cracking cold, respectively. Huh, That's interesting. It also says here that they have teamed up with various decepticons during their careers."

"Was one of their former partners named Razorpaw?"

"Nope, It didn't had reference to a Razorpaw in their file, or anywhere in the Alchemor's prisoner manifest that Fixit gave me."

"Thank you for your assistance, Piper," Optimus said to her which Piper was pleased by her praised. 

'Oh man....He thank me!! My first praise by him. Sweet!!!' Piper squealed in her thought. 

"Pretty much every decepticon we've met since we've came to earth was on the Alchemor," Sideswipe started. "But, this Razorpaw just happens to be here?"

"I don't like having so little intel, Optimus," Windblade stated. "Especially when you're not feeling so wel--"

"Your concern is irrelevant, Windblade," Optimus suddenly stated firmly. "Our mission to capture the decepticons takes priority over everything else. Let us continue our search with equidence,"

After walking while, They still got a weak signal, but they so far knew where to go. While so Sideswipe suggested for Optimus that he could stay down and let rest go get the info of this unknown Decepticon so they could attack them right. Optimus admit it was a good suggestion, but he wanted to handle this mission quickly as possible. After this, he moved on and others followed behind.

"Optimus isn't up for this," Windblade said. "He was at low before those mini-cons showed up."

"Even if that is so Optimus is too proud to admit such a handicap." Drift said.

"And I did try to give it out without offending him," Sideswipe said. "I can't believe I tried not to offend someone."

"He is Optimus Prime." Windblade said." We have to protect him."

"He is A Prime. He knows how to take care of himself," Drift said.

"Woah hey hey.....Calm down, I'm sure if Nova would be here she would know if he is seriously at risk." Piper said, trying to calm them. That's when an idea hit her. "Hey, maybe we could ask Nova some advise."

"We could try..."  Windblade said, although she wasn't sure about the idea. It would be the same to help Optimus, but maybe Nova did had some advice.

Piper activated her armbracer and it looked like came out to be hologram call. A screen shows Nova yawning from her nap, showing only her black T-shirt before answering the call.

::Piper?:: Nova said, feeling sleepy.

"Hiya, Nova! Sorry for interrupting your nap."

::It's alright....Anyway, Why did you call? Do guys need something?::

"Actually....we were just asking for some advice." Sideswipe said

::Advice? What for?::

"Well, Windblade here is worried about Optimus that he needs to be protected." Piper pointed out.

::Seriously? He was doing great at Arctic and that place was the risky place. What make you think he is weak now?::Nova said.

"He almost get himself hurt," said Windblade. "And now that we're dealing unknown Decepticon..."

::Unknown? Wasn't he in Alchemor's manifest?::

"Nope. I'm surprised as you are," Piper said

::This makes second...::

"What?"

::Nothing. However I understand your worries, but I'm sure Sire can handle this. We both were trained in the realm of Primes before. Besides, I'm sure he can make it.::

"But..."

::Look, I appreciate that you're worried about Sire, Windblade. He maybe stubborn sometimes but I'm sure he knows to handle things himself. Just have faith:: Nova said before ending the call.

"Well, you heard her," Piper said. "She thinks he can make it, then that's must be it."

"But she doesn't know how serious this is. The trick is to protect Optimus without letting him know we're doing so." Windblade said.

"Give it up, Windblade. We don't know what kind of fight we're getting into. Optimus has to look after himself." Sideswipe said. In this others continued on their way. But Windblade was still worried. 

 She looked while others kept going and pass Optimus. He stumbled bit and she could hear Piper telling him to be careful. She has to protect him. For both of their shake.

"If you want job done right..." she said to herself and went to others to continue their journey.

Soon Optimus find that signal's interference was getting heavy. So he asked that they should slip into pair to look for anything suspicious. In this Slipstream and JetStorm went ahead. Drift and Sideswipe went after them. This leaved Windblade with Optimus and Piper.

While Optimus checked the tracking device with Piper before they both find Windblade striking the bush.

"Windblade!" Optimus questioned in worry. "What are you doing?"

She froze.

"I'm...um...simply clearing the path before 'Helloed Prime'. It is an honor, Sir." said Windblade.

Optimus and Piper were all confused. Well, Piper was obviously clear what was going on and she could easily spill it out, but she knew this is one of the times Nova used to say 'someone has to learn by themselves.'

 Windblade strikes the bush few times before moving on.

"Honestly, Windblade. This is not necessary," said Optimus. "I can scout on my..."

Right, then there was some movement in another bush. They both got prepared, but Windblade pushed Optimus aside to handle the unknown treat herself. Soon turns out it was nothing serious. it was a woodchuck.

Piper said with amazement, "Oh cool! A woodchuck!"

Unfortunately, the woodchuck looked a bit angry for being disturbed and climb on Windblade causing her to move near the edge and fall to the river under them.

"Windblade!" Optimus and Piper yelled. In this others came and saw what was going on. Finding Windblade going through the river, Sideswipe gives chase and, after one attempt to rescue her fails, manages to grab her just short of a massive waterfall.

In this everyone was relieved. Even Slipstream and Jetstorm cheered. Soon as the two bots returned to others.

"You're limping." said Optimus to Windblade.

"Nothing that primary pain can fix, sir," she said. After that, Optimus gave her sword back, which she had dropped.

In this, they found the same woodchuck still there.

"Let me handle this." Piper said, walking close to woodchuck. She brought something out of her subspace from her armbracer which turned out to be a apple before tossing it which the woodchuck grabbed in its mouth until it left.

"There, problem solve." she said while clapping her hands before heading back.

Sideswipe stared at her, "Uh do you....carry that around?"

"Well, Woodchucks are particularly fond of apples. Not to mention, I carry them around in case you might encounter an animal."

Piper received a strange look from them before she shrugged, "What? I like animals."

Optimus thanked Windblade for trying to protect him from such 'threat'. Windblade felt bit ashamed, but she was glad none of Optimus wasn't angry to her.

"Now will you let OP take care his own bumper?" said Sideswipe.

"If anything would've happened to him and I could have prevented it, I'd never forgive myself." Windblade said before hold on to her side.

"Windblade, you're hurt," Piper said worriedly

"I'm fine," said Windblade and kept going.

Sideswipe and Piper knew she just said so, for not worry them. But Piper had learned so from Nova that knew she would hurt herself badly if she keeps this up. Windblade may think Optimus need help, but for Piper it's obvious now that she is the one who needs it.

It took some walking but they soon came to military base, which was caused the interference to the signal. The place looked empty. Obviously, it worked as backup base when someone was scouting near desert and need fix their cars. but one of the hangar had burn marks on it's doors, so it could mean someone or something could be inside. Optimus suggested that Windblade, Piper and Sideswipe would inside to check, while he and Drift with his mini-cons check the outside. But then Windblade suggested that she could stay outside with Optimus, since she can't use her turbines inside. 

In this Optimus agreed. In this Optimus and Windblade remained outside while Piper went with Drift and Sideswipe, who started to talk again.

"So after beating Strongarm in four straight races, I moved the scrapyard's chronometers forward and told Strongarm..."

"Ugh....Make him shut up." Piper mumbled

"I am turning off my audio receptors." Drift said .

"No please, Let us do it for you, permanently." heard a voice and they found Swelter and Glacius there.

"Piper, Run!" told Drift before the mini-cons first melt the metal on them and froze it solid. Seeing this Piper run outside to warn others.

From outside others had heard Sideswipe when the melted metal fall onto them. That's when Windblade notices Piper running to them.

"Piper, what..."

"It was an ambush, They got them trapped." Piper yelled.

"The signal, we have been following is back Stronger than ever," said Optimus. "And it's right on top of us. quickly, Windblade," he said and was about to go ahead before Windblade went front of him.

"Why you would let me take the point, Optimus. I can..." she didn't get to finish when they heard roar up and found the Decepticon they were looking for; Razorpaw. By how it sound he expected to have the weakest ones. That's when Piper knew he had point. Optimus wasn't only weak one now. Windblade was injured so that makes her weak as well.

Razorpaw attacked to capture one of them, but Windblade pushed Optimus away to tackle Razorpaw herself. Optimus tried to help her, but she used her turbines to keep him away.

'Is she nuts?' Piper thought.

"Windblade, move clear! That is an order!" said Optimus.

"Optimus...please, get away from here. Razorpaw is for weakest among us and now that's you," said Windblade while tried to hold Razorpaw away from him.

"You think the Prime is my target? You couldn't be more wrong," said Razorpaw.

"Windblade! He knows you're wounded!"Piper yelled before she charged to help Windblade, but Razorpaw managed to push her away like it was nothing. Optimus tried to go help, but Swelter and Glacius came up and kept him occupied, while Razorpaw started train energon from Windblade. Seeing that she will die, Optimus decided to pull prank to defeat these cons. So, he started to collapse on ground to look more weaker to them. Windblade saw this and feared that she had failed. Piper was trying to get and also saw this.

"No..."

Glacius got Razorpaw attention on Optimus, in which he left Windblade, but before he could have got his hands on Optimus Swelter lost his nerve on Razorpaw for not giving anything to them. This left both argue and gave time for Optimus to get up and pick his Decepticon hunter. Piper now realized what he was up to when Optimus gave the good strike to all of them.

"Oooh Clever Prime." Piper said softly, recovering from the attack.

She ran to his side and spoke, "You take the big guy, I'll deal with the two minicon." 

Optimus was unsure about Piper facing them until she added, "Don't worry, Let's just say....Analyzing and organizing isn't the only program." 

Optimus understood as he charged at Razorpaw while Piper charged at the minicons.  "One thing I disgust the most was people who take advantage of weak ones, "she added.

Swelter tried to burn with his heat blast, but Piper raised her armbracer which created an energy shield. She was thankful that Nova install a weapon and fighting system onto her, in case she face danger.

 "Man, that's hot." Piper remarked before raising her other hand, infusing with her energy before she swing her fist which made an energy fist, knocking Swelter out. (A/N Like Hal Gordon at the 3 thugs)

 "But I'm just getting warm up," Piper smirked, cracking her neck.

"Well, how about some cool off?" Glacius asked and blast his ice blast but Piper raised her hand to create another shield but different in which when the ice started to get warmer and started to created a mix of warm and cold air while she got closer to Glacius until she took hold of his hand.

"Sorry, but I think you need to cool off," She said, before knocked out Glacius too. Soon, both started to recover but once they got on their feet, Optimus picked two jeeps and smashed Swelter and Glacius between those two jeeps.

"Ooh, mini-con sandwich. Nice," Piper said, with a thumbs up.

In this, all three went first help Windblade. Optimus told her that he had noticed how the enemy was looking for the weakest one, so he did it to get from her. In this Windblade realized Optimus never needed help like Nova had said.

 Instead, she needed after getting wounded and because been so worried of Optimus made more vulnerable. But Optimus told her not to be harsh on herself for he was glad to have her on the team and that she is willing to look after others before herself, just like Nova did back then. 

 They walked to the hangar to find Drift and Sideswipe and find them in a metal cocoon.

"Sideswipe? Drift? Is that you in there?" Piper said, hovering above the cocoon with her butterfly wings. She could hear the muffled voices coming from it which answered her question.

"Stand clear, Windblade," said Optimus and turned his Decepticon hunter to the sword and started to pick with the metal. "I will have both free in a moment," he said while got Drift's face clear.

"Been caged in metal has finally forced Sideswipe to be silent. So please, take your time," said Drift. Hearing this, Piper showed a huge grin in her face.

"Heehee.... At least I don't have to listen to his annoying story." Piper said, landing on the ground, retracting her wings.

 Windblade chuckled before hearing Sideswipe muffle something from the cocoon.

"What's that, slick? You think you can beat your record for been quiet then just five seconds?"  Windblade asked before went help Optimus to get Drift out first while Piper stood there, watching them work. With that, everyone could only have one small moment of silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.5K 21
𓆦 вυмвℓєвєє x rєα∂єr 。.•*¨*•♬✧ When Optimus Prime sends B-127 to earth to establish a base, the yellow robot befriends teenager, Y/n L/n. Y/n does w...
39.9K 1.2K 33
Shelby been on her own for quite sometime. Just her Cybertronian partner for company. Her and her partners past hasn't been a good one. They have gon...
127K 2K 31
SEQUEL TO TRANSFORMERS PRIME; LED BY FATE OR DESTINY. Nova's life is even more crazier than it was before. Not only that, but now she founds out tha...
735 62 9
Returning home Nova never imagined what life had planned for her. But the moment she meets the Autobots she becomes great friends with them. But with...