forbidden-lrh

By lovelukeforeverpls

"God, Evelyn!" Luke ran a hand through his hair frustratedly, practically shouting, "I don't hate you. I'm in... More

Introduction
01- Puke
02- Disaster
luke being absolute sex
03- Kate
04- A Band
05- Fun Fridays
06- Drunk
07- Debate
08- Busy
09- Thunder Thighs
some reaction memes
10- Owe
11- Fixed
12- Pool
13- Rick Rolled
14- Lunch
15- Take Me Home
16- You Win
luke being hilarious as hell
17- Wet Dream
18- Confrontation
19- Awkward
20- "Just Get In"
21- Maybe
22- Fight
23- Texts
luke being so funny
24- Kiss Me
25- Lucky Charms
26- Holy Shit
27- Holy Shit pt 2
28- Sleep Over
29- Partners
30- Finally
luke being cute with michael
31- Halloween Baby
32- Practice
33- Please
34- A Picnic and More
35- Basement
36- Calum
37- Payback
luke being sexy as fuck
38- Were You?
39- Study Date
40- Sneak Out
41- He Likes Her
42- Mom
43- Home Alone
44- Mall
luke being himself
45-Baking
46- CHRISTMAS
47- New Years
48- Plane
49- Day 1
50- Competition Day
51- Wheelchairs and Painted Nails
luke being just plain hot
52- Finished
53- Tell Me It's Not True
54- Anything
56- Her
57- Little Bitch Boy
58- You're Not
luke making me wish i was a mic
59- It Won't
60- A Break
61- Self Medicate
62- Come with Me
63- I Know
64- Art Show
65- Valedictorian
luke being adorable
66- Graduation
67- Nothing?
68- I Can't Quit You
...
69- I Love You

55- I'm Sorry

1.1K 36 88
By lovelukeforeverpls

i wasn't planning on posting this today, but ur comments made me laugh on the previous chapter so here we go!!!

"That's the fifth time the cops were called on your mom's house!" Ashton exclaimed, putting his phone down.

Evelyn sat motionless, nodding just in repetition.

It was a disaster- her brother causing ruckus everywhere he went. He was damaging properties, getting arrested for so many things that she lost count.

Luckily, they had connections.

Luke entered the house, throwing his car keys and phone on the nearby table.

While he took off his coat to hang on a rack, he spoke.

"Alright well, Jack took care of the whole thing," Luke ran a hand through his hair, "He has connections to the PD, so it was easy to wipe Michael's record."

Evelyn gratefully nodded, words not able to leave her mouth.

Ever since Michael had slurred to him those words, Luke was off. Everyone knew it, but only Ashton knew why. He was the only one there when Michael had told him the only solution was to break up with Evelyn.

He refused to tell anyone anything else.

"Hey Eve," Luke called out softly, "Can we go to your room for a second."

She nodded, standing up and walking to her room. Luke followed after her, but was stopped by Ashton.

He grabbed his forearm, "Luke."

"Yeah Ash?"

There was a long pause of silence between them, the only sound in the house from Hailey and Kate quietly discussing amongst themselves.

He started, mouth open before closing once more. Finally, Ashton spoke, "Make sure you think."

Luke narrowed his eyes, nodding slightly before turning around. Somehow, Ashton just knew what was on his mind, no matter the circumstance.

He walked down the hall carefully, entering the room right after her. A hesitated breath left his chest.

Evelyn sat down on her bed softly, tucking her legs underneath her as Luke entered the room after her.

Luke sat down next to her, running a hand through his hair. The girl leaned into his chest, listening to the soft heartbeat in his hard mass. He brushed his hand down her hair, slowly calming her in ways she could not be calmed by anyone else.

"You know I love you Eve," Luke started. She nodded, a soft smile on her face. It was the first one in forever. It almost broke his heart to see her, tired and in pain but smiling just for him.

"I love you too." Her soft was quiet, a whisper.

"And," He started, hesitating before continuing, "You know I'd do anything for you. I always have your best interest in mind."

Evelyn slowed her eyes, turning to look at him with her eyebrows slightly furrowed and confused. Her eyes were still puffy from the constant crying, though it was calming.

"Yeah- Luke what's going on?"

He took a breath, taking her hands into his. Luke squeezed them momentarily, before looking up.

Just do it.

This is gonna fucking hurt, Luke thought to himself.

"I don't think we should be with each other anymore," Luke rambled quickly, waiting for her reaction.

Evelyn paused.

Her eyes widened, like she couldn't believe the words she was hearing. It made no sense to her- they were literally perfect together, "What?"

"I- I'm sorry Eve-"

Evelyn cut him off, gripping his shirt with her small hands, "You're breaking up with me? Why?"

Luke bit down on his lip, so hard that he tasted blood on his tongue.

The sad, somber look almost made him break. He had the urge to just tell her everything. To tell her what Michael told him, why he had to do this.

Luke even considered forgoing the whole time. They survived this long- maybe they could hide it again.

He shook his head, knowing it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

He couldn't be the reason Evelyn and Michael lost their close relationship together. They were siblings, that needs to be strong.

And Michael made it clear that he would not go back home until Luke ended it with her. It was more than just for Evelyn: it was for Michael.

He was getting himself in trouble, falling into alcohol and drugs that he had never even looked at before. Luke had never seen Michael so unorganized before, and it killed him. If Michael was anything- he was organized to the point of being obsessive.

Michael was his best friend, and Eve was the love of his life.

And if he told her that Michael was with Patrick, he was certain they would never make up again. Ever.

So, he had to end it.

Her eyes were watering now, tears slipping down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away, the redness growing in her face.

"We just don't work," Luke looked away, resisting a tear. He remained as emotionless as he could, knowing that if he showed her any emotions it might hurt more.

Maybe it wasn't convincing enough to him, but she believed it.

Evelyn reached her hand out to touch his face, rubbing her thumb against his cheek. He almost gave up in that moment.

Her eyes shifted between his, as if a secret could be revealed from underneath the stoic
look in his eyes.

Deciding to allow a moment of weakness, Luke leaned in, pressing a soft, last kiss to her lips. He figured that having that last moment with her would help them both to recover.

Her tears fell between them, the slightly salty taste on their slow lips. Evelyn grabbed him like she was dying and he was her cure.

Luke couldn't help himself, touching her cheek with his thumb and knitting the rest of his fingers into her hair.

Finally, Luke pulled away.

He gripped her wrist gently, pulling it away from him and standing up. Evelyn barely moved in his presence, just zoned out with a broken look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Eve, I really am."

She didn't speak, just sat there on her bed frozen. Evelyn couldn't even look at him, couldn't even move.

Her eyes were just trained to the wall, staring at the nothingness.

Luke closed the door gently after himself. He took a shaky breath in, trying to rid himself of the growing pain in his chest.

He walked down the hall, walking into the living room for just a moment.

All his friends were there, sitting around the TV and talking amongst themselves.

"Um," He swallowed, their attention turning to him. His voice was shaky, a tear threatening to slip past his eyes, "Take care of Eve, please."

Ashton stood up, all his other friends looking at each other with confusion. His shaky hand grabbed his coat, picking up the keys and exiting the house.

He couldn't get far before Ashton stopped him.

"Wait," Ashton followed him, despite the cold air outside and his lack of a coat, "Are you okay?"

Luke stared at him for a moment. He knew. In that moment, Luke didn't have to say anything to him. Ashton already knew what decision he had to make, no matter how hard it was for him.

No matter how much it hurt.

"No," He softly murmured, putting his hand lightly on Ashton's shoulder, "I'm not."

More tears began to silently fall down his face, Luke quickly wiping them away before turning around.

And with that he left the house.

Ashton turned back around inside to see Hailey confused. Calum and Kate were also there, glancing between each other and back at him. There was an aura of unsureness, confusion in all of their faces.

"Ash, what's going on?"

He sighed, hating that he had to be the one to fix things, "Luke broke up with Eve."

Kate gasped, Calum silent as Hailey nearly screamed, "Why?!"

Ashton knew exactly why. He was there when Michael spoke. They didn't see Michael the way they saw him.

"I don't know," Ashton feigned ignorance.

Hailey jolted up and punched Ashton's arm, a groan emitting from him, "You have to know! He's your friend!"

Of course, they all had the simple connection that Michael was gone because of Luke. But they didn't know that Michael explicitly stated that life could only return with his absence in Eve's life.

If Luke didn't want to tell everyone, then Ashton couldn't be the one to spill.

Hailey spun on her feet and sprinted down the hall to where Evelyn was.

Calum stayed with Ashton, narrowing his eyes at him. There was skepticism in his eyes, as if he knew that something was missing.

"You know something, don't you?" Calum stared as Ashton shrugged.

Yes. Of course he did. He was there. He saw everything.

"I just know that he broke up with her," He unconvincingly lied. Calum looked over him for a moment longer, as if trying to see the secret on his face.

Finally, he gave up, turning on his feet to go over where Evelyn was.

Kate and Hailey were already there. Hailey sat next to her on the bed, wrapping her arms around the girl. Kate was kneeled on the floor in front of her, trying to catch her eyes but ultimately failing.

She was not crying, not making a single sound.

Evelyn just sat there, stagnant. Frozen in her spot with the pain not even touching her.

Sometimes, in huge accidents or traumatic events, the body is so traumatized that it goes into shock. It cannot feel pain, as the body will block off the sensors.

There was no pain in her, just numbness.

Which, arguably, is worse.

She looked up to Calum, finally making eye contact with him. He walked over to her, giving her a hug that she did not return.

He crouched next to her, tilting her head up, "We are here for you, okay?"

It was a small, subtle movement. Just barely there. But he caught it.

A slight nod of her head.

They remained with her until she fell asleep on Hailey's shoulder. Her mouth was slightly parted, the light sounds of her breathing calm and quiet.

Calum gently picked her up from the edge of the bed, shifting her so that she was laying in the middle now.

She looked so peaceful.

He laid the covers gently
over her, brushing her hair away from her face as he pondered over her.

Calum loved her. He was sure of it. He loved her beyond, more than she had loved him. In a different way completely.

But he resisted.

And here she was, in so much pain from the one who was supposed to love her. He knew that it wasn't necessarily Luke's fault, but really, it was.

It made him angry.

Hailey spun on her feet, marching down the hall and beginning to gather her things.

"What are you doing?" Ashton tried to grab her, attempting to stop her from her rushed movements but ultimately failing.

She yanked herself away from her boyfriend. In that moment, Hailey didn't give a fuck who he was- her best friend came first, "To go beat up some 6' blond bitch boy!"

Kate couldn't help but laugh a little, stopping quickly when she glared at him. Ashton blocked the door, standing in front of it as Hailey crossed her arms.

"She still loves him- she won't be happy if you do that," Ashton pointed out. Hailey knew he was right, but she was just so angry at everything that she wanted to take it out on him.

Calum walked over to the living room, sitting down on the couch and turning on the TV. He ignored the scene of the others, placing his phone on the nearby charger and staying in place.

"Well," Kate shifted, "We're going to get going. You coming Calum?"

He looked over to the three, all of their things gathered and shoes on.

Calum shook his head, "Eve might need one of us at night- you guys go."

They nodded, exiting the house. He returned his attention to the TV, preparing to stay up all night for the girl.

//

and here we are. don't hate me 😭😭

you guys will love me eventuallyyy

mwah, luke forever.

-m <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 671 39
❝You've been acting so conspicuous.❞ ❝Who do you love now?❞ ❝Just admit it.❞ --- "I can't Calum." She said as I leaned in to kiss her, her face cuppe...
6.1K 244 20
" I don't see why you guys aren't talking, you've already relieved the sexual tension." he said bluntly. I blushed and stared at Calum with wide eyes...
14.4K 610 10
(A Cake Fanfic) "Make me a promise Calum," Luke said before clearing his throat, "Even if you don't like me, just promise me that you won't hate me."...
1.2K 167 36
You wanna know the real reason why Luke and Michael hated each other at first? A girl, with the most beautiful long dark brown wavy hair. Eyes so blu...