The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

By mangoezhoez

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... More

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
8. First Practice
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
44. Thank You
45. Engawa
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
62. Cherry Blossom Tears
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
86. Athletic Festival
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
95. Kanari
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

19. Next Time

4.2K 195 66
By mangoezhoez

The ceremony was boring, to say the least. You only managed to find enjoyment in the fact that you had a gold medal hanging around your neck. Mildly disappointed because it wasn't made of chocolate.

Tooru had rushed out with Iwaizumi near the beginning of it. Catching your attention before waving goodbye. The Shiratorizawa boys left soon after, having only waited until they had given you your medals before stepping out.
Tobio had in fact been the black blob of hair with a milk box you had spotted up on the stands. His grandfather had sent him over, you still had time until the match so you had decided to go pay grandpa Kageyama a visit.

"Kazuyo-san!" You giggled as you walked into the hospital room, Tobio close behind.
"Y/N-chan!"

-

"Then she went bam! and boom... then whoosh!"
"Tobio, your sound effects need some work."
You giggled as Tobio pouted at his grandpa, looking up at the clock.

"Ah- Jiji! The game already started." Tobio said as he started picking up his bag and nudging you to hurry up.

"Sorry for keeping you two so long." Kazuyo scratched his head as you put on your jacket.
"No worries Kazuyo-san." you smiled before bowing in goodbye.

"Goodbye Kazuyo-san! I'll come again soon!" you waved a final goodbye before speed walking down the hallways.

Kazuyo waved you off, smiling to himself as he saw Tobio follow after you.

____________________

You rushed into the lobby, Tobio hot on your tracks. You looked left and right, looking for directions to the Aoba Johsai cheering section.
"They're on the left, Y/N." Tobio said as he walked past you.

"Nice Tobio!" you grinned as you followed him, catching glints of maroon from your tracksuit. You briskly stopped as you looked down at your maroon and white tracksuit, cursing under your breath.

"Go on ahead Tobio! I'm gonna change real quick." you said before rushing to the restroom.

You changed into the blue jeans you had stuffed in your bag that morning before throwing on one of the hoodies you had stolen from Iwaizumi. You rinsed your hands before patting down a couple of hairs that had gone up from the jog.

You stepped out, continuing down the hallway Tobio had gone down.

"Oh, Seijoh."

You walked through the gym doors, immediately bombarded by all the cheering from spectators.

"Seijoh!"

"Oi! Y/N!" Tobio waved you over.
You quickly walked to the seat he was saving, setting down your bag. Skimming over the court before turning to look at the scoreboard.

"Who won the first set?"
It was currently mid second set, Shiratorizawa leading.

"Shiratorizawa."
You sighed as you slumped into your seat.

"Shiratorizawa!"

"We got here mid second set and they're losing. Nii-chan is not going to be happy about this." you slumped further down your seat, already hearing the ear full Tooru will be giving you later.

"I doubt he'd notice you weren't here. I mean he has scary concentration when playing, and there's so many people here too." Tobio said as he handed you with his yogurt, trying to cheer you up.

"You're right Tobio. I bet he didn't notice." you sat back up, opening the yogurt. Tobio nodded as he turned back to look at the court, sipping on his milk.

"Nice serve!"

Iwaizumi yelled out as Tooru stepped back. Looking up and making direct eye contact with you across court.

"Nope, he definitely noticed." you whimpered as you slumped down your seat again. Tobio only cocked an eyebrow at you before looking back at the game.
I will definitely be getting that ear full after this game.

"Go, go Hajime! Push it, push it, Hajime! One more!"

You raised your head up, peeking at Hajime high five Matsukawa.
"You know Tobio." you said as you fully sat up. Tobio hummed as he squeezed the last of his milk out.
"What if we skip the awards ceremony and go get onigiri instead?"

"Nice kill, Ushijima!"

Tobio shrugged as he switched his empty milk box for a new one. "That's fine, but won't Oikawa-san be mad?" you shrugged as you leaned in to take his milk box, smirking as he glared at you.

"Probably- quit with so much milk, eat a banana instead- but he'll be mad at me no matter what." you rummaged through your bag for the banana you had stolen from the cafeteria that morning.

"It'd be better for me to give him some time to cool off, you know?" you turned to him as you handed him the banana, which luckily hadn't been squished under all your clothes.

Tobio nodded as he pointed down at your bag, "You switched out of the tracksuit but your bag's the Shiratorizawa one."

You looked down at your white bag with maroon accents as you sighed. "When'd you get so smart Tobio?"

Tobio sent another glare your way as you laughed it off, leaning back onto your seat.

20-17

"Looks like Shiratorizawa reached the twenties first."
You sighed as you thought back on the past matches.

"Tooru's serve will be tough to receive once his accuracy develops,"
Unlike him, you focused more on the accuracy of your spikes rather than the strength behind it. Which is why you had hit the ball inside the court more times than Tooru, you sacrificed some of the strength for the sake of accuracy.

Tooru on the other hand, hit it as hard as he could, adjusting his accuracy as he goes. Depending on the opponent, all those missed serve points could push you away from victory.
Tooru must've noticed it, seeing as his last serve was weaker than his normal ones. Though it wasn't significantly weaker that it stood out.

I only noticed because of how often I've seen it.

You sighed as you looked at Ushiwaka spike another ball down.

Iwaizumi's probably gonna grill him about it later.

You snickered, thinking about Tooru getting thrown across the room.
Tobio glanced at you as he finished devouring the banana, already used to you snickering and laughing to yourself.

"Though he could just send some soft serves over or change up his target." you stretched your arms upwards, seeing as Tooru set the ball to Takahiro.

"Too bad he thinks they're just cheap shots." you laughed to yourself as you glared at Tobio, who was trying to snatch his milk box back.
"I mean if they get points." he cleared his throat, trying to hide his pout.

You nodded as you collected your combined trash, stuffing the milk in your pocket before walking to throw the trash away.

You threw the trash inside the bin before turning to see Tooru dump the ball in front of Semi's face.
What a trashy dood

"Go, go-"

"Nice Tooru!" you yelled out, hoping Tooru would hear it above all the other cheers.
Tooru glanced up at you and gave you a thumbs up before turning back to high five Iwaizumi.

You gave him a thumbs up as you realized Semi and Shirabu had been looking at you with a bewildered look.

You looked at them with a blank expression as you clutched your fist, before mouthing a 'next time'.

You smiled as Semi snorted before turning his attention back to the game. You turned back at Shirabu who was now scowling at you, you grinned at him as you gave him your signature pose. A wink with a peace sign as you stuck your tongue out to a side. You then walked away as if nothing had happened, Shirabu's scowl only deepening.

Semi returned the dump, only that his stung a bit more because it had brought Shiratorizawa to set point.

24-20

The final point was made by Ushijima, it bounced off Matsukawa's arms and off court. Tooru followed it, but wasn't able to connect.
It was a pretty anticlimactic last point, but it did its job.

Shiratorizawa was named Miyagi prefecture's representatives for the Interhigh National Playoffs.

You did end up skipping the awards ceremony and going out to get onigiri with Tobio.

Not completely heartless you picked up some milk bread and agedashi tofu for Tooru and Iwaizumi.

You walked home with Tobio, who soon left to visit his grandfather again.

You walked in, announcing your arrival as you switched into your slippers. No one was home from what it seemed so you left the bag with bread and tofu at the table.

For Tooru and Hajime! DO NOT EAT

You stuck the note on the bag before heading to your room, throwing your bag aside and switching your jeans for shorts.

I'll just take a quick nap before heading back to the dorms

_____________________

You were awoken by someone calling your name, you refused to open your eyes so instead opted to turn away from the voice.

"Five.. five more minutes Rin." you grumbled out, pulling the blanket over your head.

"Five more minutes, my butt. Get up." the voice then pulled off your blanket as you groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep away.

"What the heck... Tooru?" you stopped mid-sentence as your eyes focused on the boy in front of you. He had obviously just woken up given that his hair was all over the place and there was dried saliva hanging off the side of his mouth.

This is what people simp for

You groaned as you flopped back onto bed, noticing that you were in fact, in your room not your dorm.

"Hurry up and get ready." Tooru said as you turned to look at the pillows and blankets laid out next to your bed.

"Did you sleep here?" you asked as you sat up, noticing that Tooru had slept in his practice gear.

He only hummed as he tried to wipe away the dried saliva on the corner of his mouth.
You got off bed and stretched a bit before moving to stand next to Tooru in front of your mirror.

You stayed like that for a while, staring at yourself as you both stood in comfortable silence.

"Next time." Tooru said as he looked at you through the mirror. "Next time I'll beat Ushijima and go to nationals."

You only smiled as you turned to look at him. "Yes you will." you hummed as he ruffled your hair.

"Thanks for the milk bread by the way." he said as he moved over to start folding the blankets on the floor.

"Did Haji-san eat the tofu?" you asked as you helped. Tooru nodded as he picked up the pillows.

"Guess it helped both of your pissy moods." you giggled as you began walking down the hallway, folded blankets in hand. Tooru only snickered as he shrugged.

"I won't forget how you were late to the game. What were you-" he began his scolding as you stuffed the blankets into the closet before looking up at the wall.

"Oh my, won't you look at the time! I need to start getting ready." you cut him off as you began walking back to your room. Tooru looked at your retreating figure before looking up at the place you had looked up to.

There wasn't a clock there.

He grumbled something under his breath as he looked at the actual clock.

"It's literally 6-" he started before clicking his tongue and retreating back to his room.
"Girls."

A/N:
I drew up sum quick of what the volleyball girls team jackets look like so here's a little visual
Or you can check it out at my Instagram mangoezhoez - shameless plug 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904K 24.5K 43
What if Kageyama had a sister? Would she be like him? Where was she after all this time? Well you can find out in this book! This is the story of Ma...
188K 6.9K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
140K 4.3K 6
"You should've gone to Shiratorizawa." An AU where the first words your soulmate says to you appear on your wrist on your 14th birthday.
34.1K 1.5K 71
You often meet your fate in the road you avoid to take. Some things are destined to be, but it just takes us a couple of tries to get there and what'...