She's always kind (Neville X...

By Serenitymoon104

Neville Longbottom was always considered clumsy, anxious and shy, especially by his grandmother. However, no... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 5

1.6K 48 48
By Serenitymoon104

Scotland - Hogwarts School
of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The next morning arose and all of the newly welcomed first years all got ready for breakfast, changing into their school robes. Once (Y/n) had finished her breakfast, she rose from her seat and walked with her twin brother and Neville to Transfiguration. They walked into the classroom and the girl walked over and sat next to Hermione, Seamus and Neville sat behind them and Dean who had just walked into the room sat next to a Hufflepuff girl Susan Bones. (Y/n) copied in suite of Hermione by pulling out her parchment, quill, ink and transfiguration book and started making notes as Professor McGonagall had instructed for the first chapter. After a while, their teacher had decided to transform into a cat which caught (Y/n) a little of guard and caused her to stare at the professor unintentionally.

Hermione noticed this and gave her friend a little nudged. The girl suddenly was broken from her trance and turned to her friend still looking a little spooked. Hermione started to explain "It's fine, don't worry, she's an animagus, she can change her form to a-" "particular animal, yeah I know, my mother explained it to me and my twin brother, she said she went to Hogwarts with three other animagi, I've just never seen one in real life, caught me off guard a little" replied, laughing a little nervously and then turning to look at the feline who was staring right at her.

She mouthed a quick 'sorry' to the professor before turning back to her brunette friend and asking "where's Harry and Ron? Its been 20 minutes already" Hermione only shrugged and went back to her work as did (Y/n). As if on queue, the door burst open to reveal the two boys running in, clearly out of breath. Hermione saw them and rolled her eyes and almost ignored it. (Y/n) on the other hand waved a little to the boys which harry quickly returned before Ron blurted out "Blimey! Can imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" (Y/n) inhaled sharply as her eyes widened at the ginger after the insult and quickly turned back to the front.

The classroom which was already deadly silent went even more silent if that's even possible. Then the feline sitting on the desk at the front of the room leaped of the table and transformed back into a rather annoyed but calm Professor McGonagall. Ron stared up at her "That was bloody brilliant!" Trying to cover up what he had just said "Oh thank you for that assessment Mr Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if were to transfigure yourself or Mr Potter into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time" (Y/n) heard a few sniggers across the room but she felt sorry for the boys "we got lost" harry spoke but the professor was quick to respond "then perhaps a map, I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

After that escapade, the boys found their seats and the rest of the lesson was pretty uneventful. Later on that same day, (Y/n) was sat in the dungeons at a table in between Dean and Neville. She was talking to both of them about her excitement for flying class when all of a sudden, the door burst open revealing professor snape with a demanding voice spoke "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making, however, for those select few who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

(Y/n) stared at the intimidating man wide eyed, almost a little frightened by him, she hadn't even noticed she was shaking til she felt a hand gently grip her hand. This pulled her out of her trance and stopped her shivering, she looked as to who was holding her hand and noticed the hand belonged to Dean who was still facing the front but she could tell he knew what he was doing. She felt a lot calmer and smiled thankfully and resumed paying attention to professor Snape. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that they are confident enough. To not pay attention!" He was now glaring directly at Harry who was making notes on his parchment til Hermione nudged him and he suddenly started paying attention "Mr Potter, our new celebrity......Tell me what would I get if I added powered root of asphidelle to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand shot up immediately but harry just shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Snape asked him a few more questions getting the same answer each time, confusion. (Y/n) felt sorry for Harry knowing full well he had grown up in the Muggle world and wouldn't have any clue what the man was talking about. "Pity. Clearly fame isn't everything is it Mr Potter?" The rest of the class continued after that, throughout the lesson, the professor constantly ridiculed all students who weren't in Slytherin, this was something (Y/n) picked up on and she didn't like it one little bit.

The next morning, (Y/n) sat with all the other first year gryffindors as she had her books open completing the study period and spoke to Seamus, Dean and Neville. She heard her twin brother chanting the same incantation for the tenth time that morning whilst waving his wand at his water goblet. She narrowed her eyes a little confused at his logic but ultimately stayed quiet, not having the heart to tell him that it wasn't a real spell. All of a sudden she heard an explosion and turned to her brother who was now covered in soot, her eyes widened "Oh my gosh Seamus, are you alright?!" He only stared at the now smoking goblet, she reached into her pocket and gave him her handkerchief to wipe his face.

She then faced Dean and Neville a little hurt "What did Ron mean when he said 'he managed to weak tea yesterday, before-" the two boys couldn't look her in the eye, just then Hermione piped up "Seamus exploded his tea yesterday while you were in the bathroom" The girl was a little taken aback "And no one thought to-" she began before hearing and owl screech and Ron say "Mail's here!" Suddenly, the Great hall was filled to the brim with owls flying everywhere, miraculously not colliding with eachother. Out from a sea of feathers, she spotted her mother's owl carrying two small boxes, it dove down towards Seamus and (Y/n), dropping the boxes of which the tweens caught.

Seamus wasted no time in opening his only to reveal a handkerchief with a note saying 'Dear Seamus, hoping you're settling in to Hogwarts, after seeing what had happened at Ollivanders, I can only assume you could use this. Love you lots, Mam' (Y/n) giggled at the irony only receiving an elbow jab from her brother. She opened her box to find a ring inside with a beautiful butterfly on it with a colour changing gem in the centre. She hastily put it on her right hand ring finger and began to read the note. She could hear her mam's voice in her head as she read the letter 'Dear (Y/n) I hope you're loving hogwarts just as much as I was at your age, this ring was my mother's, keep it close, and you'll always have good luck in your subjects, also please take care of your brother and make sure he does the same for you, hope to see you at Christmas, love Mam'

The girl was admiring the pretty ring on her finger when she heard a box drop in front of her, she looked up to see that Neville had caught it. "Whatcha got there Neville?" She spoke curiously, the boy hastily untied the string and opened the box to find a beautifully patterned glass rememberall. "Hey look! Neville's got a rememberall" Dean pointed out before Hermione quickly chimed in "I've read about those! When the smoke turns red it means you've forgotten something" ironically, at that moment, the smoke in the ball turned a bright crimson colour. The anxious boy shrugged and spoke "the only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten" the girl in front of him smiled kindly as everyone else laughed.

Later that afternoon, the first years were stood outside in the training grounds, in two rows and each student beside a broomstick. (Y/n) stood excitedly next to her broom, it was quite obvious how she felt about it which caused Seamus and Neville to laugh a little at her enthusiasm. Then out from the castle came the stern and sly looking woman the girl had seen the first night she entered the school. She had learnt that her name was Madam Hooch and she was the flying professor and quidditch coach. "Good afternoon Class!" She greeted loudly and all the students replied in sync "Good afternoon Madam Hooch". She faced the student with a proud look on her face "Welcome to your first flying lesson, well what are you waiting for? Step up to the left side of your broom. Come along don't be shy." All of the tween were now standing up against their brooms and the professor continued. "Now, stick your right hand above the broom, and shout 'up'." The small girl didn't need to be told twice, she immediately held her hand out and firmly spoke "UP!" Which caused the broom to shoot up into her hand. She grinned broadly and looked around only to find that only her and Harry had brooms in their hands.

She grinned at Harry behind Seamus as he did the same to her. A few tries had gone past, most people had their brooms in their hands, Ron had managed to make his broom hit him in the face which earnt a few giggles from the class. Once everyone had brooms in their hands, Madam Hooch further instructed what to do "Now I want you to mount it" Everyone did as they were told and each half sat, half standing with their brooms. "Now, on the sound of my whistle, I want you to kick off of the ground hard. I want you to lean forward, hover for a moment and then touch back down again. Now on my whistle, three, two" she blew her whistle but out of no where, Neville started levitating. (Y/n) gasped and jumped to grab Neville's hand, he grasped onto it but since they were so sweaty, her hands slipped throught them causing her to fall back down to the ground, in turn breaking the broom.

She rose back up again, not very hurt but had a scratch on her shoulder. The students watched as Neville flew out of control, the broom bucked and swerved but miraculously, the boy managed to keep a firm grip. Then he shot over the castle arch and eventually got caught on a stone statue with a spear. His robe was caught on the sharp spear but a ripping could be heard. All the students watched from below as the boy fell down a story, his robe got caught on a torch holder before he slipped out of it and fell, hitting the ground hard. (Y/n) wasted no time and immediately ran up to the boy and sat him up "Oh my goodness Neville are you alright?!" Madam Hooch came running up to the two of them "Thank you Miss Finnigan, let me take it from here" the girl nodded and rose to her feet, backing away into the arms of her twin brother. "He'll be alright Saileach, don't worry".

It turned out that he had a broken wrist, he was escorted towards the hospital wing by madam Hooch who warned the students that if she found any students off the ground would be out of Hogwarts before they could say quidditch. The girl noticed that Neville had dropped his glass rememberall which she was about to pick up when Draco snatched it from the ground and sneered "Maybe if the fat oaf had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse!" He laughed condescendingly as (Y/n) bit her tongue trying to stay calm, instead Harry stepped forward and said "Give it here Malfoy" The blonde boy turned around a little astonished and said "No, I think ill leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find" and with that, he jumped on his broom and levitated upwards while calling "How about on the roof?" once he was about 3 stories high, he looked back to the group of students and sneered "What's the matter Potter? Bit beyond your reach?" (Y/n) clutched onto her now broken broom which was broken in two, the bristles lay on the ground while she clutched the large piece of wood. Suddenly, Harry began to fly up to Malfoy who began taunting him, while this happened, the girl moved over to her twin brother and muttered "Seamus, give me your broom" he looked at her confused until she motioned upwards, at that point he understood and quickly handed it to her nodding.

She quickly mounted the broom and flew upwards, just as Malfoy had thrown the rememberall, Harry raced off to catch it. But (Y/n) noticed that Goyle and Crabbe had found some large stones and were aiming to throw them at Harry. With quick thinking and the piece of wood still clutched in her hand, she threw herself in front of her friend just as he caught the glass ball, and gave the stones an almighty whack with the broom handle, sending them over the castle wall. She grinned broadly as she floated back down to the ground, once her feet touched the ground, she got off her broom and gave harry a big hug as everyone was cheering for them.

Although Madam Hooch was not around, they were still spotted by a teacher, to be precise, Professor McGonagall. "Harry Potter! (Y/n) Finnigan! Follow me." The tweens both gulped, the girl handed her broom and handle to her twin brother as she walked off with Harry behind McGonagall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 659 60
โ”โ”โ”promise me. harry potter. female oc. 1/1/23 ; 2/6/23 @๐™ฃ๐™š๐™—๐™ซ๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™ค๐™จ๐™ข๐™ค๐™œ
524K 6.9K 94
I wanted to make a preferences book. Here it is. Enjoy. I do: Harry Ron Fred George Neville Draco
129K 3.9K 143
Anne Potter is Harry Potter's adoptive sister. They've been living with the Dursleys for as long as they can remember. What happens when Anne goes...
375 15 7
A Neville Longbottom fan fiction โŒฑ Y/n y/l/n and Neville Longbottom have been friends since second year. Their love for each other finally gets not...