3.10

As Helena left her room in the morning, she found Meredith and Derek arguing in the hallway

"Stop. I do not need rescuing." She told him.

"You would have drowned in the bath had I not been there." He argued.

"I'm a surgeon, I do the rescuing. You are not my knight in shining... whatever."

"So we're gonna fight because I pulled you out of the bathtub?"

"You have a place. You can sleep at it and then you don't have to pull me out of the bathtub. You are everywhere all the time, saying things." She told Derek.

"Well, that is kind of how relationships work..." Helena butted in. "Good morning." She walked past them to go to the bathroom.

She used the toilet and, once she left, Meredith told her. "I did not try to drown myself in the bathtub."

"Hey, I ate everything out of the fridge last night. Everything, including a tub of butter." Izzie answered.

"And I rely on medication to function mentally. I'm not judging." Helena joked, smiling.

"You ever feel like you are disappearing?" Meredith asked them.

"All the time." Izzie answered.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm dead already." The short girl sighed, putting her shoes on.

"Why can't I just be that happily ever after person and why can't I believe in that?"

"I don't know what I believe anymore." The former model told her.

——

As the interns were getting ready in the locker room, Cristina kept staring at Meredith and Helena.

"What?" The brunette asked, smiling, amused.

"Nothing..." She answered suspiciously, turning back to her locker.

A few seconds later, Cristina was staring at them again. "What?!" The blond yelled.

"Ok, cranky, forget it!"

"As I the only one that thinks this triage test is a waste of time? There's surgery on the board that Sloan would let me scrub it... Would it be too much to ask to be preforming actual surgeries? We are actual surgeons." Alex complained.

"Yeah, but we're also actual doctors that might need to triage if an actual emergency happens." Helena told him, noticing Cristina's eyes on her once more."Jesus, Cristina, just spit it out." She complained.

——

Later, Bailey told them. "You have to be quick and thorough while using your instincts. You can't be fooled by what your eyes see. If you asses wrong, your patient could die while waiting for treatment."