2.02

Helena Campos had ever fitted in

Helena Campos had ever fitted in. As a child, she had an above the average sensitivity to the world and an even more outstanding intellectual capability. As a kid, she was always younger than her classmates, often being bullied for it and her wits. Now, as an intern, even with amazing friends, her social anxiety had never truly allowed her to let her guard down.

——

As she walked into the bathroom in the morning, along with Izzie and George, she found Cristina in the bathtub and Meredith on the floor, both hungover.

"Ok, what did I miss?" The boy asked as Helena poured the girls some water.

"You came in to full on vomit drama. Apparently, she dumped Derek and her? She's been sleeping with Burke." Izzie informed.

"I knew that." George told her, receiving a shocked look.

"Drink up, come on, you'll feel better." The short intern encouraged them, putting some toothpaste onto her toothbrush.

"I feel empty." Meredith muttered.

"Two hours of vomiting will do that to you."

"No... I feel empty."

"You're lucky, I feel pissed of." Cristina commented, laying back on the bathtub.

"Have the water. I'll make you some breakfast if you want." Lena offered, in an attempt to help.

——

"Male, 55, victim of a head in collision." The paramedic informed the group as he took their patient out of the ambulance. "GCS is 3. Skull fracture, multiple internal injuries. He's veins blew so we've been pushing meds down the tube. PEA on arrival."

"How long has he been down?" Bailey inquired.

"We've been doing CPR for about 20 minutes, it took fire 20 minutes to get him out of the car. He's pretty much gone."

"No, he's not gone until we say he's gone. O'Malley, take him to a bay and save him."

"But... he's dead." The boy pointed out awkwardly.

"Did you not hear me?!" The woman aggressively asked. "He's not dead until we say he's dead. You know what to do, so do it." The boy looked confused as the woman went on. "Grey, Campos, you're on this too, move."

"But he's dead..." The male intern whispered and Helena pat his back in comfort as they went towards the ER.

——

Now in a room, George looked  at the nurse awkwardly, as they tried to resuscitate the man. "Olivia." He greeted. "Pulseless V-Tack."

"Line's in." Helena informed.

"Ok, charge to 200. Clear." The boy shocked the patient to no avail.

"Push one of epi." Meredith instructed as her smaller friend spoke up.