2.06

After their evening activities, George and Helena flopped down next to each other, catching their breath

"That was..." The girl started.

"Great. Really great. Amazing." The man said, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.

"Yeah." She giggled and turned to press a kiss on his lips, letting her head rest on his chest. Suddenly, they heard their pagers going off and they both reached for theirs. "911! We just worked a thirty hour shift..." She whined, letting her head flop back.

"And I smell like... sex." The boy said and his girlfriend quickly grabbed his hand as she got out of bed, hurrying to put their clothes on. In the process, she quickly turned on the TV, reading that there had been a train wreck.

——

With their scrubs already on, the interns left the elevator and rushed to their trauma gowns.

"I think I saw a pneumothorax. I hope I get a pneumothorax..." Cristina said as they put the gowns on.

Just then, Dr. Bailey arrived in a night dress and heels, making George let out. "Oh."

"What are you looking at?" The older woman complained.

"You look nice, Dr. Bailey." The shorter intern whispered.

"Thanks, Lena." She turned to Alex. "Ok, you, go get me my shoes. Let's move people."

"Hello!" Meredith turned to the woman. "I seem to be a little bit drunk. I was off duty..."

"So was I! Anybody else half in the bottle?" The interns quickly shook their heads. "Alright then. Grey, just stay out of the way, I'll deal with you later. The rest of you stick with me and wait for your assignment. I know you get all aquiver at the sight of blood and organs, but it's gonna be a long night and you're already tired. I don't want any mistakes." Once she finished, she opened the door to the ER, noticing the chaos that had erupted.

"I'm so not tired anymore." Cristina commented.

"Me neither, I'm not tired." George agreed.

"Tired? I was never tired." Helena joked.

"Dr. Bailey, I've got a third trimester burn victim here, I'm gonna need some help." Addison informed and all the interns raised their hands.

"Izzie, go." The woman told her.

"Yes! Have a nice nap." The blond teased and Helena playfully rolled her eyes.

Just then, Derek entered the OR. "Does that mean he picked her?" George asked, confused.

"I don't know, Georgie..."

"If it does, I've just lost 50 bucks." Cristina complained.

"Cristina Yang! What have I told you? We don't bet on our friend's love lives." She hit her on the back of the head.