7.01

TW: MENTIONS OF SHOOTING

Helena and Cristina walked to the nurses station at the hospital lobby, both flipping through wedding magazines. Since Cristina and Owen had decided to get married, after the shooting, the two had been helping each other out with the wedding planning. Or, truthfully, Helena had been helping Cristina, who pretended to care.

The truth is, the short girl hadn't really been able to do much else at work, since she still hadn't been cleared for surgery. So she scrolled through wedding magazines and picked out flowers and color pallets, in hope of getting back to what she loved soon.

"Derek got arrested. Again." Meredith told her people, getting out of the elevator by her husband.
"Reckless endangerment."

"Meredith, please..." The man asked.

"Did he lose his license, yet?" Cristina asked, looking up from her magazine as her arm was intertwined with Helena's.

"No, because they don't charge him, because the cops worship him." The blond rolled her eyes.

"Because I saved some of their lives." Derek shrugged, taking off his jacked.

"What are we picking?" The blond asked the brides.

"Dress color." Helena hummed, looking up from the magazine.

"I'm not wearing white. It's sexist and... vaguely racist." Cristina complained as they kept walking. "No white, no veil, no rice."

"Well, what will your mother say?" Meredith inquired.

"No mother." Helena explained, giggling. "I'm not doing a veil, but I wanna do the white. The problem is which white. Did you know how many there are? There's diamond white, pearl, ivory, champagne..."

"That's why I did a post it wedding." Meredith chuckled at her friend's lost look, turning to Derek. "You know, I didn't get cleared for surgery and I'm pretty sure it's your fault."

"Meredith, I am the chief, I can overrule the counselor." The man told her, nonchalantly.

"I love the blue." The blond pointed to a dress on Cristina's magazine, the short girl humming in agreement.

"Chief Shepherd, you're back!" April let out, joining them. "I found a giant skull based cordoma, biggest one I've ever seen. Came into the ER with trouble breathing."

"You got cleared for surgery?" Helena asked her recent friend.

"I did."

"Bitch." Meredith chuckled, having gotten closer to April during the shooting.

As they walked into the lobby, a crowd started applauding, Derek stepping up to the chairs.

"We didn't get a round of applause." Helena teased as her and her friends stood to the side next to Mark.