1.04

"You don't understand

"You don't understand. Me gonads, you ovaries!" Let out a very frustrated George as his roommates got out of the car.

"Oh, that reminds me, we're out of tampons." Izzie said.

"Izzie, you're parading through the bathroom in your underwear when I'm naked in the shower."

"Can you add it to your list, please? Tampons." The taller blond replied.

"It's to the list, it's your turn." Meredith explained as they walk towards the hospital entrance, still dark outside.

"I am a man!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, come one Georgie. Maybe you feel a bit weird with Izzie walking in on your shower, but what's the problem with buying tampons? My dad was the strongest man I ever knew and he used to buy them when we needed it." Lena added.

"I don't but girl products. I don't want you waking in while I'm showering, and I don't want to see you in your underwear."

"It doesn't bother me, okay? Look at me in my underwear, George, take your time. It's no big deal."

"Or you could just pretend it's a bikini!" The short girl suggested patting his back.

——

"You are the first person they see in the morning. You say please, you say thank you, you apologise for waking them up. You make them feel good about you." Doctor Bailey told them in their locker room, as Helena changed to her scrubs. "Why is that important? Because then they'll tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell your attending what they need to know during rounds." She closed her locker and pulled her hair back into a low ponytail. "And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there, I want pre rounds done by five thirty am."

"I better get good patients today. Yesterday I had two guys with colostomies who needed dressing changes every fifteen minutes." Meredith said after Bailey had left.

"Well, I had a guy who kept staring at my ass and insisted on calling me nurse." Helena complained.

"I'm gonna be in surgery. Today is my day." Cristina said, looking into the distance.

"On what?" Meredith asked.

"What do you know?" The short girl perked up.

"Like I'd tell either of you. I was here at four and you didn't get here until four thirty."

"Why won't you tell me?" The blond insisted.

"I'm not the intern who's screwing an attending."

"Hey, what about me?" Lena mustered up the cutest puppy dog eyes she could.