11.09

Mark smiled softly at the image of his wife laying by him, after having flopped back down on the bed

Mark smiled softly at the image of his wife laying by him, after having flopped back down on the bed. Her hair was slightly messy and her forehead shined with a light layer of sweat, her chest lightly rising as she caught her breathing.

Noticing her husband's stare, Helena smiled back at him, the warm morning light shining from behind the man. "What?"

"Just watching." He smirked, letting his eyes roam over her body.

At that, the brunette girl blushed a bit, throwing a pillow at him. With a chuckle, the man wrapped his arms around his wife's waist, pressing kisses to the back of her neck, as he asked. "Wanna go again?"

Just as Helena let out a barely audible pleased exhale, they heard a chorus of voices coming from the hallway.

As Caroline simply cried out, Alice was more eloquent. "Mama, dada! I'm up! Morning!"

"I'm going, pequenina." Helena shouted back, before turning to her husband. "Guess that's your answer. Plus, you gotta get to the airport to go to Baltimore." Helena giggled, slipping his shirt on, as she got out of the bed.

With a playful gasp of betrayal, Mark narrowed his eyes at his wife. "And you're wearing my shirt. You don't play fair..."

Helena simply lowered herself to press a soft kiss to his lips, then letting out. "I don't know what you're talking about, Mark Sloan. Now, wanna get Ali or Cara, today?"

"I took Cara yesterday, I'll take Ali. A man can only take so much morning diaper changing." He decided.

——

"Ok, there you go." Helena smiled, passing Caroline her finger food, as Mark put two slices of bread on the toaster.

"Ali, you gotta hurry up, or you'll be late." Mark called out, their daughter putting on her shoes in the living room. Noticing the article his wife had resting with a highlighter on the kitchen counter, as to take some peeks at it during the morning rush, he asked. "Got a patient with it or reading out of interest, doll?"

"Fifteen year old boy." She nodded, with a hum, as she sat down with her coffee mug in front of it. Helena began reading it, then realizing. "God, I'm happy today. I'm almost too happy to go to work and have it ruin my mood. Cause work can always mean sick kids." Helena sighed. "I just want to stay home and have a family day. I want to have a happy day."

"Hey, at least it's finally your turn to pick Ali up from karate. You'll get to see the kimono on." He suggested, immediately making his wife smile, giddily.

"True." Then, glancing to the clock as she went to get her toast, she warned. "You should probably get going, querido. Derek's still giving you a ride to the airport?"