13.01

"You heard?" Helena asked, as Meredith joined her in quickly walking down to the ER

"You heard?" Helena asked, as Meredith joined her in quickly walking down to the ER. As the brunette woman was working the night shift, the blond had been at home. "About Andrew?"

"Yes. Jo called me." The general surgeon nodded, a serious look on her face. "Her apartment floor was full of blood. I-I think Alex did something, Lena."

At that, Helena's look only intensified, as she started a run towards one of the trauma rooms.

As she entered it, she found the bloody resident on the bed. His face was swollen and covered in blood, his left arm bent at an unnatural angle. As Ben Warren reduced his septum into place, a loud crack echoed through the room , making Helena shut her eyes, with a shaky breath. Receiving traumas for any patient was one thing, seeing your friend in such a bad state was another one entirely.

As she felt Meredith catch up to her, enterro g the room, Helena opened her eyes, choosing to focus on Alex, instead of on Andrew.

"Alex. May we speak to you for a moment?" Meredith let out, trying to keep her composure.

"We ready to go?" Alex asked, holding the resident's head.

"Alex?" The woman repeated.

"Alright, let's go." The ortho attending encouraged.

"Alexander Karev!" Helena snapped, her voice between a whisper and a yell. "Now."

"I've got this." Looking towards the women, Ben nodded to the other man, as the trio left the room.

As Alex walked out of the door, Helena's eyes darted to his bruised and bloody right hand, making her shake her head almost imperceptibly, as she leaned against the hallway wall.

"Say something." Meredith requested, standing in the middle of the small hallway, with the man in front of her.

"What do you want me to say...?" The man shrugged.

"You think no one is gonna realize this is you? Look at that hand!" Meredith reprimanded in a hushed tone, as Helena simply glared at him. "You could go to jail! This is assault! I am a doctor. I have a duty to report you to Bailey."

At that, Alex looked down, pleading. "Mer, come on. You're gonna turn me into Bailey...?"

Meredith seemed to think for a moment, before deciding, as she walked away. "No. I'm not. But you better find a way to fix this."

As she left, Alex turned to Helena, who now looked at the ground, still shaking her head. "Lena. Lena, come on. Say something." There was simply silence silence, as Helena shook her head. "I didn't... look, he came home. He was on top of her. She was drunk. He was... he..."

"No." Helena interrupted, looking up. "Don't... you can't tell me anything. Because if I don't know anything, I have nothing to report. I-I only have... suspicions, and suspicions don't have to be reported." The shorter woman looked down to his hand, before coming up with a plausible explanation. "What you- when I noticed your hand, you told me you slipped in the rain. That's how you hurt your hand. And that's all I know. Got it?"