4.08

As Helena walked down the stairs in the morning, an unpleasant smell hit her

As Helena walked down the stairs in the morning, an unpleasant smell hit her. As she entered the kitchen, scrunching up her nose, she found its source: Meredith was scrambling eggs.

"I... you're making eggs?" The girl asked, her brows shooting up in surprise.

"Yeah. Want some, Lena?" She asked, looking a bit lost as she attempted to scramble the eggs in the stove.

"I think I'll just stick with the toast and coffee, thanks." She answered, sharing a look with Derek as she moved to pour herself a cup off coffee. As she approached the table, she found a house plan in front of Derek. "That house looks nice."

"Thank you!" The man said, looking accusingly at Meredith, who gave him a plate of eggs. "I'm not saying we have to live in it, but he have to plan it."

"Oh, are you building it, Derek?" She asked, sipping on her coffee.

"I was planning to, but Meredith won't tell me if she likes it." He complained, the blond shooting him a look as the short girl moved to butter her toast.

"Dude, what's that?" Alex asked, entering the kitchen with Lexie.

"Meredith cooked." The brunette told him.

"She wanted to do something nice for Lexie." Derek told them.

Sitting at the counter, Lexie asked, eyes widened with panic. "You cooked for me?"

"It's no big deal. Just eggs and avocado and... whatever cheese that was on the fridge." Meredith told her, giving her a plate.

"Lex, aren't you aller-" Helena started, biting her toast as the intern interrupted her.

"Oh! I love avocados." She answered, reluctantly taking a bite of her food. The two younger girls seemed to have a silent argument through looks only, in which Lexie told Helena to not say anything.

"Is it ok?" Meredith asked.

"Mhm..." She smiled painfully, clearly not enjoying the food in her mouth.

As Meredith left the room, the youngest girl turned to the intern. "Lexie, aren't you allergic to eggs?" She asked.

"She cooked for me! I couldn't not eat it." The girl explained.

"Alexandra Grey!" Helena yelped. "You do not eat things you're allergic to!" She smacked her in the back of the head, the taller girl's hand shooting up to it.

"Ouch! What was that?" Lexie complained.

"She does that. She's mothering you." Derek smiled at her, barely containing a laugh.

——

As George and Helena walked down the hallway, chatting with each other, they found Lexie looking through a cart.