10.03

Season 10, episode 5

Helena groaned as her alarm went off, the small girl's arm shooting out to turn it off. Letting her head flop back down on her pillow, she looked out of her window, as the sun was beginning to raise.

With a sigh, she sat up, pressing a kiss to Mark's forehead, as she muttered. "Good morning."

"Morning." Mark accepted, letting his own eyes flutter open. "God, I need coffee."

"Coffee's on!" Callie called out from the hallway, as Helena shot him a look.

"You get Alice while I make breakfast?" Helena suggested, as he nodded.

——

The three adults swirled around the kitchen, Helena finishing up her eating her toast, as Mark filled two bowls with cereal. As for Callie, the woman was still in her pijamas, packing up the toddlers' bags.

"Ali, dada's gonna drop you and Sofia off at daycare because mama needs to go to work. Then auntie Callie is going to pick you up from daycare, and mama is gonna try to get home in time for us to play astronauts, ok?" She talked to her daughter, putting on her jacket, as she pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Ok." The girl agreed, her characteristic little dimples coming out, as she smiled.

"Ok, ladies, here's breakfast." Mark handed the girls their cereal.

"I love you, have a good day." Helena told her husband, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"We're getting good at this." The man pointed out, referring to their newfound rhythm, with Callie and Sofia.

As the short woman circled the kitchen island, Callie called out, running to the girl. "Oh, your phone!"

"Thank you, have a good day." She wished.

Then, almost instinctively, the two women shared a quick peck on the lips. When Helena realized what had just happened, already turning away, she froze, a confused look on her face.

As the short brunette slowly turned around, she shared a look with Callie, who let out. "Maybe we're too good at this?"

At Mark's amused expression, Helena lifted her hand, warning. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Sloan."

"Hey, I didn't say anything!" He defended, his voice higher pitched.

"Oh, but you were about to." Helena nodded, the man shrugging.

"Yeah, I was."

——

"Good morning, Dr. Kepner, Dr. Campos." Leah Murphy greeted, before turning to Arizona. "Dr. Robbins. Coffee? I thought you could use it before surgery."