5.08

Helena had just gotten Jackson, her patient, back on the UNOS list, now walking down the hallway

Helena had just gotten Jackson, her patient, back on the UNOS list, now walking down the hallway. As she saw Mark join her, she complained. "The kid's organs died. They were already inside of him and then, BAM, necrotic."

"That sucks, babe. How's Robbins, though? You like her?" He asked, a hand around her waist as they walked.

"She seems great, honestly. Much more up to date then Kenley, that's for sure, may he Rest In Peace." Helena told him, smiling up at him. However, as they walked, Mark stopped, gently tugging her waist to do the same.

At Helena's furrowed brows, Mark waved his head towards the on call room, a giddy smile growing on the girls lips as she pressed a kiss to his lips.

"I love you." She whispered between tender kisses.

"I love you too." The man answered, smirking as he opened the door behind him.

——

A couple annoyed interns stood outside the on call room, listening to the soft moans and giggles coming from inside.

"Don't even tell me..." Their friend asked as he joined them.

"Locked." The female intern let out with an eye roll.

"People sleeping or...?" At the moan that came from within the room, he added. "Why do I even bother asking."

"This is ridiculous. I need sleep!" One of the interns let out, sighing as she let her head drop back. However, once they heard a loud, pained scream from inside the room, the all shared a look.

"Meu Deus!" They heard a voice exclaim inside.

"That's not a good noise." One intern let out.

"That's a bad noise."

"That's a really bad noise." Another one corrected, the three interns running away, not wanting to get involved in whatever was going on inside the room.

Inside the room, Helena fell in the floor, her naked body covered by a blanket as Mark let out another scream of pain.

"Oh... oh my god, are you ok, babe?" She asked, panic in her eyes, as she brushed her hair out of her face.

"No." Mark told her, folding over his stomach as his face scrunched up in pain.

"Mark, i-it's bent i-in the middle!" The short girl seemed to panic even more at the man's face. "Oh my god, I broke it... I broke little Sloan, I-I broke you're pe-"

"Get Torres!" He let out in pain. "Go get Torres, Lee."

At that, Helena got up, hurrying to put her clothes on before running out of the room, nervously mumbling to herself. As she left, Mark allowed himself to let out a whimper in pain, one he'd been keeping in in front of the girl.