TWELVE

The thought of his mum warmed my heart, I really have missed her. When Dior first "passed away", we tried to stay in contact but my Dad cut our connections off.  We pulled up onto his driveway and walked into his home.

"Momma I'm home!" He proclaimed.

"I'm in the kitchen baby". She replied.

"I have a surprise for you". Dior chuckled as he took my hand in his.

"What is i-" She stood there in shock at my presence.

"My baby!" She wailed and broke down into tears as she hugged me which made me break down as well.

We stayed in each others embrace for a while before going into the living room to catch up. 

"How have you been holding up?" She asked me.

"Oh, I've been fine. In and out of it but Dior definitely shocked me". I smiled.

"Well he shocked me as well, I was also told that he was dead". She glanced at him before returning her focus on me.

"How are your parents sweetie?" She asked.

"They're good, I've moved out now".

"I can imagine, it's late now do you want to stay here for the night and possibly the weekend to catch up some more with Dior?"

"Yes, thanks mum I would love that". I beamed.

"Alright, goodnight ma". Dior chimed. "I'll go get Zani's space ready".

We watched him silently trudge up the stairs and out of sight.

"Zani, darling before you go upstairs I need to tell you something". Dior's mum said.

"Yes ma, what is it?" I asked carefully.

"Don't tell Dior I told you but, he is struggling with PTSD and Intermittent Explosive Disorder". She explained. "I'm sure he will let you know in his own time but that's just a warning".

"Since when?" I asked concerned.

"The PTSD started after the explosion and he was diagnosed with IED at the age of twelve, we've been able to curb it for a while but it has started to rage on and I'm worried about him Zani".

"I-I don't know what to say, I'm really surprised".

"He isn't as social as he used to be, but when he brought you to me tonight that proves how much he loves you. He has shut out a lot of people since the incident".

"Thank you, ma". I said as I gave her a peck on the cheek. "Goodnight".

I went up the stairs and found a shirtless Dior knocked out on his bed. I saw the pair of shorts and t-shirt he left out for me. I changed into them quickly and climbed onto Dior, I sat on him and just took in all of his grandeur.

"Zani" He groaned half asleep. "Get off".

I looked down realizing that I was on his print. I climbed off and stretched-out beside him. He took me into his arms and spooned me before kissing my cheek and dozing off.