ONE

"How could you Lebron!" I sobbed as my nose began to run.
"Za'niyah, baby, it's not like that". He pleaded.
"Shut up!" She screamed. "Get out, I don't want to see you here ever again".

He just stared at me blankly, stood up and left. Just like that. Out of my life, forever.

I watched him from my bedroom window as he climbed into his Mercedes Benz and drove off into the distance. I was once again left heartbroken.

.............................................................................

"Za'niyah!" My mum called me.
"Yes, ma!" I yelled in response "I'm Coming!"

I made my way down the steps and into the dining room and my mum asked me to take a seat. My Dad was also seated and they looked serious.

"We want to tell you something". My mum began. "Your Dad's just made his first million and is already heading for the 3 million dollar mark". She smiled.
"Seriously!" I asked in amazement. "Dad, that's incredible!" I rejoiced.

When I was seven years old, my family went into debt and when we managed to get back on our feet, only my mum was working and she made very little money.

My Dad had been developing an app that would help architects by creating an advanced augmented reality platform that they can use to design and model buildings before they work.

He got rejected about seven times before he decided to take the risk and launch it himself.

"Because of this, we are going to be moving to Chatsworth". She said casually.
"Wait, what?" I asked.

.............................................................................

The rays of sunlight danced on my caramel skin through my new bedroom window. It was a bitter-sweet feeling that we moved to Chatsworth, California because I get to leave part of my stone-cold past but my best friends that helped me get through it all are in Ohio and I don't think I am going to see them anytime soon.

I finished setting up my room and decorated for about an hour before going to help my parents cook dinner.

"So mum, what school am I going to be attending?" I asked while I helped her chop up some vegetables.
"Sierra Canyon". She replied.
"Interesting".

After dinner, I said goodnight to my parents and changed into my pajamas. I climbed into my bed and scrolled through Instagram.

..........................................................................

Monday
My alarm went off and I grudgingly got out of bed. I prayed, brushed my teeth, had my shower and did my hair. I did a side part and slicked my hair back into a nice puff at the back and slid in two golden hair clips.

I went to my walk-in closet and got my uniform out to wear. Once I was done, I pulled on my black pop socks and wore a pair of all-black Vans because we were only allowed to wear black shoes.

 Once I was done, I pulled on my black pop socks and wore a pair of all-black Vans because we were only allowed to wear black shoes

I made myself some toast and ate it. My mum had left me a note on the table saying that she and my dad had gone to his new headquarters to check it out before the company would start running.

My mum and dad owned the business together.

I picked up my Bart Simpson backpack and waltzed to my matte silver Audi r8, unlocked it, got in, set my GPS location to school and drove off.

Once I was at school, I went to the office to pick up my timetable and went to the nearest bathroom. I had already come the previous Saturday to get a laydown of the school and my classes.

I was looking at myself in the bathroom mirror and I realized that this was my Senior year. I had to make sure it was amazing by all costs and nothing was going to stop me.