FOURTEEN

OMNISCIENT

"Where can we find her Mikey?"

"Diors at Oakhill this year, Za'niyah is schooling with me at Sierra". I confirmed. 

"So that means Dior can't protect her".

"Exactly, and we used to date so I'm sure it will be an easy job".

..........................................................................................

We were all at Diors house  and our mothers were more than happy to see each other after all this time. Dior and I made lunch for everyone and we all enjoyed each others company. While our mums were yacking away Dior gave me a certain look and I knew that look more than anything.

Before I began reminiscing Dior spoke up.

"Mum, is it okay if Za'niyah and I head back to her place?"

..............................................................................................................

I found myself backed up against my bedroom wall as Dior attacked my lips with kisses and left hickeys on my neck down to my chest. He laid me carefully on my bed and pulled of his clothes as I did the same. The last thing I remember is his masculine figure hovering above my body and his Cuban link dangling in my face.

..............................................................................................................

I was sitting on the bleachers waiting for Tyrina to finish track practice, as I watched her run I felt a familiar presence behind me.

"Mikey what do you want?" I asked irritated.

"Easy, chill I just came to talk". He stated. "I miss you".

I burst out in a fit of laughter. "Mikey don't kill me please!"

"I'm serious".

"Boy bye!"

"I know I shouldn't have done what I did but we can start over". He explained.

He tried to lean in for a kiss when he received a knock on the back of his head from Tyrina.

"Fuck off dude". She said.

Mikey rolled his eyes trying to brush off the embarrassment while Ty and I laughed as he walked away.

"Thanks girl". I chimed.

"Anytime, I never thought his ego would grow so big".  She said.

"I guess that's life".

"Mhmm". She hummed sarcastically. 

"What?" I asked not sure what she was getting at.

"I can see your glowing, you left the nigga under a week ago and  Diors already getting it I'm assuming, "I guess that's life"" She imitated me.

We both burst out in tears and walked to my car and drove off.

"We aren't together though". I said to her in the car.

"You might as well be, I noticed the sparks between you two when I met him at your apartment the other day". 

"I guess you're right but I just don't know". I shrugged.

"Don't make me give you a knock too". She said. "Has Dior asked you about where you stand?"

"Yeah, he has. He said he wants to give me time but I'm still his whether I like it or not".

"Dior?" Tyrina said as she spoke into my phone.

I didn't even notice that she had called him.

"Z, is that you?" He asked.

"No, it's T". She gushed.

"Uhh, where's Zani?" 

"She's here and she has something she wants to tell you". 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance because Ty had set me up.

"Come on girl, what do you want to tell him?" She urged me as I pulled over.

I took a deep breath before I uttered the following.

"Dior, I love you and even when I thought I lost you, you have always been a part of me and will always have a part of me that I can't see myself giving to anyone else. I've given it some thought and I'm ready to take you back, the good and the bad".

It was quiet before we heard his voice again.

"I love you too Za'niyah and you will and were always mine, k? I love you and I'll see you later". He said before cutting the call.

"I hate you". I whispered under my breath to Tyrina.

"I love you too Z, and you'll thank me later you need this". She spoke and her phone began to ring.

"Hey Jevonte I missed you boo!" She cheesed.