FIVE

It was eight-fifteen in the morning and I was on Facetime with Mikey.
"I'm sorry we weren't able to talk yesterday". I sulked.
"It's fine baby, " Mikey chuckled. "What are you doing today anyway?"
"Well my parents said they have a surprise for me and we have to leave the house soon, but other than that, I don't know". I explained.
"Well, when your done with your parents can I take you out later?"

I decided to tease him, so I began to roll my eyes and act like he was bothering me.

"What did I do?" He asked clearly confused.
"Nun".
"So..."
"Yes, Mikey you can take me out later, but I need to tell my mum first".
"K, bye Zani". He beamed.

I rolled out of bed–literally– then I went to my closet to pick out an outfit before I go have a shower. I settled on a pair of light blue, ripped, denim bum shorts and a teal, floral, off the shoulder, crop top.

I had a nice long shower, got dressed and headed outside to meet my parents in the car.

"Hi momma, " I smiled.
"Hey, baby girl, " she greeted.
"Where's Dad?" I asked.
"He's coming, he's still upstairs". She told me.

I was on my phone, going through my Instagram feed, when I got a call from my agent, Cadence.

"Hello?" I answered.
"Hello, Za'niyah". Her voice booming through the phone."Sorry, to bother you this early in the morning".
"It's fine, " I assured her.
"You have an audition on Tuesday for a role in a new Netflix Series". She told me.
"Oh my gosh!" I screamed. "That's amazing, thank you".

After my phone call with Cadence was over, my Dad was finally ready to go. It was a short drive of about ten minutes and when we got to this parking garage.

"What are we doing here, Dad?" I asked clearly confused.
"Wear this sweetheart, " My mum said as she placed a blindfold in my palms.

I trusted her and followed suit. My mum came to help me out of the car and I held tightly onto her hands as we went into what seemed like an elevator.

By the time we were out, I was led down what I assumed was a corridor and then I heard the unlocking of a door. I was a bit apprehensive because I now had no clue where I was.

"You can remove the blindfold now, Zani" I heard my dad say.

I carefully removed the cloth from my face and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"For me?" I asked still shocked.
"Yes, Zani, for you". My Dad said.
"We think you are old enough now and you will be moving here next term". My mum added.
"You guys, I can't thank you enough". I gushed.

My parents had bought me an apartment to move into for my Senior year.