TWENTY

OMNISCIENT
"It's a go"

"Aight, safe"

..................................................................
I had just woken up from my nap and I sat up on the side of my bed trying to get myself together. I got up and walked out of my room and into my living room.

My eyes landed on Dior; he was on his laptop. His eyebrows furrowed as he focused on what he was doing. Seems pretty intense.

He hadn't noticed me yet, it was 7:30 in the evening and I went into my kitchen to get dinner ready. I decided to make some Miso Ginger Chicken with Shiitake Mushroom rice.

It had been a while since I went all out with my cooking and it was something I genuinely enjoyed. It was therapeutic for me, which explains why I gained so much weight after Diors' "passing".

While the rice was cooking, I started on the Chicken. I needed some spices from the cabinet and I was too lazy to get my stepping stool. I wish the cabinets weren't so high up.

As I struggled jumping up and down trying to get the spice jar, I felt a hand on my lower back. He got the spices with ease and handed them to me smiling.

"You're so short" he smirked giving me a peck on the lips.

"I'm 5'7" I mumbled.

"What you making?"

"Food"

"I know that genius, what exactly?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Miso Ginger Chicken with Shiitake Mushroom rice". I smiled.

"I forget that you're rich sometimes".

"Funny".

"It's been a while since I tasted your food and I'm hungry". Dior stated.

"I'm sure you are". I replied.

Dior assisted me with the rest of Dinner as he should. Don't perform wife duties at a girlfriend price. My mum always told me that growing up. She believed that I shouldn't cook, clean or pay bills if my man wasn't taking part in it.

It was fun for the most part and I didn't really have to show him much, ever since he's been helping his mum with her catering business he has become so much better in the kitchen.

After Dinner, Dior picked me up and took me to my room. While he was getting comfortable under the covers I took my phone off the charger and turned it on.

I switched it off when I got back to my apartment, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be on social media. Immediately I turned it on, the notifications came soaring in. I thought my phone was going to explode.

15 missed calls and  11 of them were from my mother.

I dialed her number and got comfortable as I snuggled into Diors' side while the phone rang. After a few short rings she picked up.

"Zani, where are you and are you okay?" Concern written all over her voice.

"I'm fine Mum, you can calm down and I'm sorry for keeping you worried; I should have called sooner".

"It's okay love, I'm just glad to hear your voice".

I smiled at that.

"I'm in my apartment, and why didn't you call Dior if you couldn't get me?"

"You must've have forgotten that your Dad and I are out of the state for a business conference and if I called Dior that wouldn't end well".

"Hm, true. But Dad is going to have to accept Dior at some point".

"He will, just give him time". She assured me.

"Anyways, I'm fine and that's what's important".

"Your Dad has ordered you a new car, it should be at your house tomorrow evening, you just need to sign the last of the paperwork".

"Aww bless, is he with you right now?"

"I'll get him for you right now". My mother said.

We heard some muffling in the background before a familiar voice was heard.

"Hello, beautiful". My Dad beamed.

"Hi Daddy" I laughed.

"I'm grateful to know that you're fine, it's just the grace of God".

"Absolutely". I agreed.

"Thank you so much for my new car Dad, what is it though?"

"You'll find out tomorrow" He teased.

"Oh okay". I giggled.

"Goodnight Daddy, thanks again".

"Goodnight Za'niyah". He greeted. "And one more thing".

"Hmm?"

"I know you're with Dior".