ELEVEN

OMNISCIENT

"I'm here, what do you have to tell me Mikey?"

"He's alive".

............................................................................

I was by my locker getting my books before recess was over when I got a call from Dior.

"Z, baby" His deep, rich voice sending chills down my spine.

"Hey, D" I answered. "What's up?"

"I wanted to know if you could come to the court behind my house after school today?"

"Okay, but why?" 

"I'll tell you when you get here". He said before cutting the call.

BZZZZ!

No time to overthink it, I need  to get to class.

....................................................................................................

I zoned out during my Physics class, my mind began to wander and the heavy rain cloud that was my mind consumed me. Ever since Dior came back, I haven't been able to wrap my head around the whole situation. What I felt for Mikey was for sure minor, but the fact that Bronny is at Sierra Canyon too is crazy. It's like my three lives have come back to haunt me and I have no other choice than to face them.

"Hey" A voice rang out. "Class is over".

"Oh, thank you". 

I walked out of school and drove home to get changed, I grabbed a few snacks and headed to meet Dior. I turned my engine off and scanned the area until my eyes landed on a caramel and slimming figure.

"Dior!" I called out.

He turned his head and strolled over to me, before I could utter another word he swooped me off the ground and I safely secured my legs around his torso. It was silent - his dark brown orbs piercing through my soul as I was left breathless by his presence alone.

"So I still have that effect on you". He smirked.

"Boy bye!". I giggled.

He let me down and I watched him shoot some baskets before coming to sit with me on the grass surrounding the court.

"So, what did you want to tell me about?" I spoke out.

"I wanted to talk to you about life, you know...catch up and explain to you my next moves". He began. "Zani, you know I left the gang life a long time ago and I'm not going back".

"I know D". I remarked.

"I'm going to be at Oakhill for my senior year and I'll be playing basketball there, I'm taking ball seriously now and then I plan to enter the draft after my first year of college".

"Mhmm". I replied softly while taking a sip of my smoothie. 

"So that's all really". He ended.

"I'm happy you're finally deciding on what you want to do but what part do I play in all this?"

"I want you by my side through it all Za'niyah". 

"D-".

"I don't care what you have to say about it Z, you are forever mine and nobody is taking you away from me. It's fine, I know you're still shocked and I'll give you time but I want you to know that you are mine".

He stood up and towered over me before stretching out his hand and motioned for me to take it. Once I did, he carried me bridal style to my car and put me in the passenger seat and he settled into the drivers seat.

"Where we going?" I whispered.

"My place, my momma has missed you".